Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The less well known French Ski Resorts 2011/2012 Mega Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I look forward to seeing your pics next week.

Quote:
I was surprised at the conditions at Chamrousse, there can be some excellent skiing in April but I don't feel it will be the case this year.

Ok since I've been saying this to a few people news has got back to the Chamrousse TO who got on the dog and bone to moan. Big drop off in bookings apparently so they invited me back up today to have a gander for how conditions are shaping up for the final week of opening. Rather then post a lot of blether I'll just post some photos.

Nadege under the Vans, I thought she was on nordic skis, they are 65mm underfoot and not that much wider at the shovel.

UIAGM guide Jean Marc Vengeon - http://www.alpesexploration.com/Alpes_Exploration/Jean_Marc_Vengeon.htm

The crazy gang

To conclude, as we always say on snowheads, conditions can change very quickly in the mountains.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, nice! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A return to the crowded European pistes of Chamrousse today but first you had to get there, a reminder that even in the latter part of April you may need snow tires or chains to access resorts, and this at 1400m

oh the crowds, oh the humanity, it is the red eye to Denver next year for some of that darn-tootin' American skiing

Caisse d'epargne

rime ice

glades

Olympic Chamrousse

tot shreddin' it at the top of the Olympic Hommes

while others took it easy

Unless we ski this w/e that's all folks for 2012, see ya next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I really love that picture of the trees. It's like the Hoover Dam 1000 years after mankind died out or something.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio wrote:
I really love that picture of the trees. It's like the Hoover Dam 1000 years after mankind died out or something.

I like it!

A month to the day after les 7 Laux closed, not due to lack of snow but due to lack of skiers (sounds like a Sheik Yemani quote) I was back.

Almost too much snow at the top of the slopes at the col du Pouta (2350 meters) to open the lift

and then onto the Pouta off pistes - 20cm of fresh on a firm(ish) base. Nice.

Normally this would be tracked out in minutes of the lift opening, but today I had it for me (maybe everyone else was voting?).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof wrote:
Nice.

Very nice. Little Angel I'm guessing it was a solo, breaking tracks mission ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There were some other people around the place but things are pretty quite at the mo, the poor weather hasn't encouraged people out much.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Six months after opening the season start at les 7 Laux back for some evening turns

more here: http://pistehors.com/news/forums/viewthread/1277/

All 2011/13 seasons photos in link at bottom of page
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Given that the 2013 season doesn't officially start until the 1st October, I will post this Chamrousse ski action here (photo taken yesterday)

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, nice Happy Good work indeed, sir!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHead snowHead snowHead and to think those slopes were baking in the sun just a short while ago!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, ace (including the hat)! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not me, I'm afraid, I was cycling yesterday. I never ski until there is a base now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thats very cool and i am officially jealous Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy