Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm staying in L2A for a week over New Year and was thinking about possibly taking a day in La Grave.

Couple of questions:

1. I would want to take a guide. Would you sort that out in L2A, or over there?
2. Any easy way of gaging the conditions in La Grave based on conditions in L2A? Does it follow that if the snow is good in one, its similar in the other?

Basically, don't want to waste a day on icy no fun slopes if there's better to be had elsewhere and without the guide expense.

FWIW I'm a snowboarder and would have one other in my party.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. sort it out in LDA unless you have transport to drive over to LG and start from there
2. you're probably best off just asking at the guide's office, although conditions are unlikely to be radically different in LG. LG is all north facing so that will make it pretty cold and gloomy at that time of year. it will stop the snow being sun-affected, although that isn't a huge issue in the depths of winter

as a boarder, you need to be comfortable with long traverses, bumps and (if you are heading over from LDA) T-bar lifts
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably too early in the season for the link to La Grave from LDA to be open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

1. I would want to take a guide.

Talk to the guide bureau in La Grave.

Quote:

2. Any easy way of gaging the conditions in La Grave based on conditions in L2A? Does it follow that if the snow is good in one, its similar in the other?

Talk to the guides bureau. There will probably be skiing in LG at that time of year but it is likely to be fairly bony. You will hit rocks, probably quite a few of them. There are few good proxies for the LG snowpack in LDA but the north face of the Rachas and downhill from the bottom of the signal chair are probably the least misleading. For the avoidance of doubt, don't actually go off the bottom below the signal lift.

LG can be painful for snowboarders. The traverse back out from Chancel is especially unpleasant. Don't let this put you off.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells wrote:
Probably too early in the season for the link to La Grave from LDA to be open.

this is a good point - ignore me Blush
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cool, thanks for the tips/info
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy