Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Facemasks....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone got a view on facemasks?

Seems I can go from £2 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FACE-MASK-Biker-Motorcycle-Cycling-Skiing-Neck-Warmer-Ski-Sport-Half-Hat-Helmet-/260895771384?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item82667fc3aa

to £28 for something like this

http://tinyurl.com/bssz8tm

I wear a helmet, so was thinking the one above could sit as a neck warmer and then be pulled up if/when needed, rather than taking helmet off and pulling it over my head etc

Cheers,

Greg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-12-11 14:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use a fleece tube round my neck, prevents draughts from getting down the jacket and keeps snow out of the back of my neck if it starts coming down. I then have a neoprene mask with a velcro closure at the back so I can put it on and off with helmet on. I find that having a neck warmer that gets pulled up results in a wet neck when you pull it back down again (not nice) and the combination of fleece and neo mask stops any cold air or snow getting down my neck and keeps my face warm.

If you want something for round your neck that you can pull up, get something that is much thinner for your face - http://www.chelstondirect.com/images/P/mens-trespass-seno-snood.jpg - it has a warm fleece bottom for your neck, then stretchy thin section you can pull up and doesn't get condensation on it too much and dries quickly if it does.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I think Santa is bringing me one of these! http://www.beardski.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A buff is the best option imo
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, If your skiing in -40 then you will need one, however even in foul conditions in europe I find a winter buff ie half thin material, half fleece is well up to the job. Pull it up when you need it makes a nice seal round the neck as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a buff, this is about skiing in Japan, facemasks are apparently a good idea due to the numberous face shots Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use a merino buff-type thing; natural materials feel much less unpleasant against your skin when they're damp (or so I've found). Certainly I've found it vastly more tolerable than the fleecy thing I used to wear, even though I tend to find merino a little itchy.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick D, Do they ship to the UK? The beards look quality!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We wear them on cooler days in Canada, and I have worn one on a rough day at Glenshee, but tend not to go out in poor conditions in Europe (softy - me?). Most of the time, I wear a Buff, and might pull it over my chin and mouth on a chairlift, but prefer the easier breathing without one whenever possible,

Mine is a bandanna, with a Gore windstopper insert, because that was all they had in the shop at Sunshine that day - my son's is a neoprene one. I think the neoprene one might be more effective, but mine can more easily be dropped off the face and pulled back up. as jbob says, they're pretty good in really cold conditions, and then you will probably want something windproof (so more than a standard Buff, perhaps)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-THINSULATE-LINED-BALACLAVA-2-Styles-Neck-Warmer-Snood-Fishing-Ski-Mask-/290614630693?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&var=&hash=item89604b10b8 the ones you listed initially look good but for me were too warm and caused problems with ventilations/goggle steaming, whereas the thinsulate ones breathe easily and are very effective. The big plus is they fit into a tiny pocket. Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah -brain jusm re-booted: My mask is just the thin-thinsulate, not the thicker, thinsulate lined one:
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, I got one like your first link, probably from the same source.

No complaints at all, very good product. It does get covered in Piz bun brown stuff, but then so does my gloves and anything else which comes into contact with it.

I think it was delivered quite quickly too considering it was coming all the way from China.

wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Facemask - you big girl. Full Grizzly Adams beard. Or Scuba apparatus. Have the courage of your convictions.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tried using a cheap one once, made my goggles and specs fog up in a heartbeat. Personally don't bother - a good faceful of freshies wakes you up anyway snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy