Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Been a bit naughty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought new flows.....can't wait to try them out. Both boards are in for a waxing and edging, can't wait to try my flows (sorry, little bit excited). did not need to buy them but reduced to £100, fairly good I thought , F11's
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sensible move, by all accounts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kevin Robertson, I'd be interested to hear how you find the flows. I am just learning to snowboard and I have a board but no bindings, my son and daughter both have flows and love them as they're more comfortable. Some snowboarders really diss them? A friend of ours who was learning, didn't get on with them, but hers did keep breaking so . . . Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Incogskisnow - I'm about to purchase my first board and reckon I will also go for flows - look so much easier - so let us know how you get on.
Previous threads suggest to me its just personal taste in the end...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have had various strap bindings over the years, they always seem to break, give me cramp. Plus, due to my oversize belly I always seem to struggle getting them on. Tried flows last year for a couple of days and LOVED them!! Never going back to straps. So easy to put on I was ready before the skiers. It is personal choice, you either love em or hate em. I LOVE EM!!!! and I am dying to try them out. (Have to wait for Jan 2006). It is true to say that they are not as responsive, but at my level I feel that that is not so important. Hope this helps
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kevin Robertson, So for a beginner they're fine then.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kevin Robertson, I have those bindings and LOVE them. They take me everywhere over the mountain and are so comfortable. You should be excited. Blush
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't think they are just for beginners, Mr prior is a very competent border (watch his head get bigger!!!) doing jumps and stuff and he loves them. I think the defining factor is why do you want them? Mr P had them for comfort , I had them for ease and comfort. If you like straps or have never had an issue with straps then don't change for changes sake. Mouth, good to hear about the F11's
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A lot of the negative stuff about Flows is just idiots that cannot see that there can be alternative methods for doing the same thing. But as mentioned above, Flows really are a matter of personal preference.

Reasons to use them are the comfort (this is the reason why I got mine) and convenience (not as important for me, but a big plus for some people).

I do think that they are not as responsive as straps but then if you find straps uncomfortable, they can be pretty unresponsive when your feet are in agony and every turn is painful. I know that I was happier losing a modicum of responsiveness throughout the day as it gave me the ability to be as fresh at the end of the day as I was at the beginning. That resulted in a lot more fun overall.

However, that said, I am going to try straps again this year. Two reasons for this - (1) I reckon that cap-strap bindings will be more comfortable than their standard predecessors and (2) I have started doing flatland tricks and everyone I speak to says that straps will improve that.

But for general riding and just enjoying yourself, Flows are hard to beat.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When im on a chairlift i like to take the tension off my bindings and loosen them to avoid cramp whilst my feet are still you cant do this with flows. Also i find that straps with toe caps ensure my heel is seated properly to the back of the binding.

BUT
They are a pain in the back bottom when your fiddling about trying to get the straps in the clasp when your fingers are numb trough cold and your knackered.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Im sure the bad press about flows would stop if Flow allowed the likes of Burton,ride,nitro etc to use their patented binding system.

I must admit the new flows out look fantastic.

back bottom??????
sorry Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
During the limited time that I have spent on a snowboard, I found my bindings uncomfortable and I would definately choose the flows or toe cap strap, if they come in at beginner level.

I was also informed that you should, if possible, buy the same brand of bindings as your boots.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AD wrote:
When im on a chairlift i like to take the tension off my bindings and loosen them to avoid cramp whilst my feet are still you cant do this with flows.

Ah, but the point is that you don't NEED to do this with Flows as your feet don't cramp up in the first place.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
I was also informed that you should, if possible, buy the same brand of bindings as your boots.

Doing this can be a good idea because the boots are more likely to fit perfectly with the bindings, but if you are sensible you can work our whether Vans boots (for example) fit well in Burton bindings. Most boots will fit in Flows, although some of the low volume Salomon boots (the Fusion range, like the F24) might be too small and rotate inside the binding too much. My Vans fit well with my Flows, as did my previous Salomon boots.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I tried Flows last season after my much loved Plasma K2 bindings broke. Couldnt believe the difference, no more numb toes (I was blaming the boots)!. I wasnt the last one to be ready to push off anymore, infact it was my husband with his step-ins that was being waited for each time. The flows were just so comfortable. I will definately be investing in a set of Flows for this season. (The others were kindly lent to me, by a friend near the end of the season).
snow report
The very young guy who sold me (a grandmother beginner....) Flow bindings warned me that I might not find them too good on rails. With a straight face. He may be right. We shall never know. I have a number of problems snowboarding but getting into, and feeling comfortable in, my bindings isn't one of them.
ski holidays
converted to flows Twisted Evil a few years ago after trying a few different types.........not looked back, never had any problems (not sure where this myth "they are fragile & break" comes from??), never noticed any lack of responsiveness............love em to bits!! snowHead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Dan, good to see you back again! More regular visits from now on?? Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi PG, I've not been too far away, popping in every so often to just browse for 5 mins. I should be around a bit more.........well.......possibly wink it was so much easier when i was "working from home"..............once the job settles down a tad I should have some of my life back again and have some spare time, i'm starting to get the need for some snow again and looking for a cheeky trip before chrimbo and something afterwards Toofy Grin
latest report
Personally,I've never had any problems with straps, so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I understand straps are more responsive but Flows are easier to use.....it really is down to your preferance. How difficult is it to strap your feet into some bindings anyways Puzzled I don't understand what all the fuss is about wink
snow conditions
Calm down Richie.......although you are right. As said earlier, no need to change if u don't have a problem. Mr G, you know the problems I had though..................or do I just need to shed a few pounds (you don't all need to answer that now!!!!!!!!)
snow report
I thought some of you may be interested in the Flow bindings we currently have in our sale. We have also got lots of strap bindings too (SP mainly) all discounted.
Paul
www.bargainboards.co.uk
snow report
I'm thinking of getting a "bargain" board to mess around in the park with. (sounds like I know what I'm talkimg about there!!!). Any suggestions paulmc?
snow report
Atomic's "hachet" is supposed to be a great, cheaper freestyle board. Also Jeenyus makes a board called "the rentals" which has a similar reputation.
snow report
Richie, Ebay, i have bought 3 from it -Custom GNU £63 -Burton feather £120 -Nitro Misfit £ 135, all brand new all bargains.
The GNU was bought to use in the park to do tricks i didn't have the abillity to complete.
snow report
Went to get my board back from being waxed, got it home......half my left binding missing!!!!. Not even seen snow yet and I've lost it! In the post so i'm told Sad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
I'd have to question the quality of your new Flows when they start to fall appart while in the shop!! Take them back and get some proper ones. wink
snow report
It's all OK Richie, received the top half in the post and all fine.......fits like a glove.......can't wait. Hoping it will snow in the UK so I can try it early.....just need some slopes being in East Anglia!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Isn't East Anglia well known for being Flat though Kev?........Snow'll be no help surely!!!
You need a Volcano,followed by the new ice age in the back yard! Laughing
ski holidays
Well, Kev does like his blue runs!!!!
ski holidays
I think they'll be more like magic carpet lifts for Kev!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy