Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
redrunmarcus,
Quote:

Mont de la Geurre today
not worth the effort unless you are a mogul fan !!

Corrected that for you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The moguls on Mont de la Guerre weren't that bad last Saturday morning when we went down it, however the piste was very hard towards the bottom end (30%) so you will need sharp edges if you attempt it before lunchtime.
Not sure what it will be like in the afternoon, it was very busy on Saturday morning when the rest of the area was very quiet so it could become mogully (is that a word?) in the afternoon in warmer weather.
It now seems wider and less bumpy at the bottom end towards Champagny village after the modifications they carried out to the piste a couple of years ago (it was only open for a couple of days last season so I didn't ski it at all then).

I didn't try the black down from the midstation at the gondola but even the blue running down to it was full of moguls when we went on it last Friday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Cheers Embarassed

- 2.6 this morning snow cannons during the night..... looks like another sunny day

Mont De La Guerre snowHead was in great condition all the way down- the modifications have made the bootom section less challenging...skichampcouk, no moguls at all a great run down
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+ 1 this morning .....cloudy...things they are a changing.... lets see what drops out of the sky rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+ 1.6 this morning.........cloud rolling around- snowline looks to be about 1400-1500 by the looks of the snow on the trees - wind picking up snowline should drop as the day goes on- was going for 1st lift if we had lots of fresh........big gusts of wind now
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing now..... snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus, Great... although not that great for you and transfers this weekend I guess? We arrive next Friday.. Lard picking us up. Will be good to catch up for a beer when we are in town eh? Keep the snow reports coming.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth, -0.3 snowing horizontally.......good 15 cm so far -lift to Aime 2000 closed high winds I guess ....not many people out there......Mouth, see you next weekend
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redrunmarcus wrote:
Mouth, -0.3 snowing horizontally.......good 15 cm so far -lift to Aime 2000 closed high winds I guess ....not many people out there......Mouth, see you next weekend

Redrunmarcus, you don't have any runs in to Montalbert from Aime Gare Sunday afternoon around 3pm do you?

Looking forward to coming out on Sunday! Looks like its going to be a good week, hope I can get in from Chambery ok.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin., If you speak to Rebecca at ski4fun she might be able to help you out........
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
-0.3 on a very snowy balcony.......just been outside-45cm of fresh snow on the path and its still dumping down

Chambery-Geneva-Val d Isere today ....could be fun
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WOW NEVER SEEN SO MUCH SNOW HERE ..... Very Happy Smile Little Angel Cool snowHead Laughing

Walked out of my apartment and the snow was up to my waist.....had to dig the van out ..30 mins to get down to Aime...clear from Moutiers.......

All clear all the way to Val D Isere home now and we are in the cloud Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got a text from Maryse today saying 70cm of new snow - awesome....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+2.5 this morning lots of dripping going on............yesterdays snow was the lightest fluffiest..............but the minibus was warm.........!!!

Montalbert-Geneva-Chambery -Montalbert Today............out to play hopefully in some deep stuff tomorrow should be dry for a few days now
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Montalbert 10.00am
latest report
Anyone fancy a slide this week?. Monty is lovely !and I've only been here a few hours.....
snow report
Martin., They are a few SH around in Monty this week . We arrive Friday so will be sliding Saturday.....
ski holidays
Oh and I got a text from Mouth Juniors ski teacher in Monty yesterday morninhg saying 70cm of fresh snow...what a season this is so far.... see y'all Friday Toofy Grin
snow conditions
-2 this morning blue sky....playtime Cool
ski holidays
Martin., make yourself known in L'Abrev... and I'm sure you will find a ski buddy
latest report
redrunmarcus wrote:
-2 this morning blue sky....playtime Cool

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Lavley day on the slopes, my legs disagree, somethinng to do with 2 years out probably.

If you see a loser in L'Abrev by himself probably on a netbook supping a Grande - that would be me, say hello!
snow report
-1.5 this morning bit of cloud and some blue sky......
snow report
-1.8 and light snow...started yesterday evening and still going
snow report
-2.0 this morning looks like a blue sky day-was up in Val D Isere with some clents yesterday light snow from lunchtime very very flat light at times clound rolling in and out round the mountains making visibility difficult
latest report
redrunmarcus, snow arrives tomorrow I think followed by us Smile)
ski holidays
- 0.4 on the balcony this morning overcast looks like more snow on the way- yesterday was blue sky all day
Mouth, looks like you could be right......
latest report
I'm going to be staying in Montvilliers in March this year. I understand there is no piste that goes from Montalbert to Montvilliers but how easy would it be to ski off-piste down to Montvillers? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnstonfergus, Welcome to SH. I am really not sure if you can ski to Montvillers. You can certainly ski to Longefoy which is the village below Montalbert but Montvillers and Planchamp are the other side. I am sure redrunmarcus, will be able to give the definitive answer to this. Most people who stay here will get a lift up and down.
snow report
and by lift I mean car lift not ski lift!!!!
snow conditions
johnstonfergus, I am sure you can ski down to Montvilliers if the snow conditions allow but in March.....this year who knows

Light snow at the moment...
snow conditions
johnstonfergus, yep you can ski down to Montvillers no probs, but like redrunmarcus, says depends on the snow conditions at the time as could be quite heavy going Puzzled
Had a great day today climbed Mont jovet and we where the first tracks up there Shocked the only problem was the clouds - we where going to do the notre dame route but the clouds where to heavy so we deceided to do the north face down to monty and it was fantastic knee deep powder. had lunch in Monty then back up and hiked Saint jaques again the route we took nobody had been down and the snow was fantastic knee deep powder Very Happy Very Happy Still plenty out there and its snowing Smile Smile
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, cool snowHead

-2.7 out there this morning a couple of cm of new snow and still snowing lightly

Geneva-Plagne 1800 -Val D'Isere-Geneva-Moutiers for me today
ski holidays
- 4.7 this morning all the trees beautifully white this morning light snow last night-overcast looks like more light snow today

Les Coches -Geneva-Lyon -Tignes
snow conditions
well it looks like I am beating redrunmarcus, to it this morning...-5.9 and cloudy with some more snow expected from this afternoon through to tomorrow night.

Yesterdays conditions were awesome both on and off piste. Fresh snow on top of groomed pistes and that with few people around resulted in a fab day. Skied Bellecote, Champagny and most of La Plagne and super super snow. So good in fact that Mouth Junior (aged just 5) skied two of the hardest blacks in the area..Crete Cote and Mercedes with Maryse his teacher.

Maybe redrunmarcus, has joined my hubby who is currently skinning up to Fornelet for a pre breakfast outing? The sun is due to return Weds so with snow from now on this should be a great day
snow conditions
Mouth, NO just got up.........-7.1 on my balcony...but I am a lot higher up the mountain than you guys wink
snow report
-5.6 on the balcony today about 5cm of fresh snow overnight and still snowing.......
snow conditions
Mouth, wheres the weather report?
snow report
Deeeeeeeep powder, and mainly deep powder, oh did I mention deep powder, oh and lots of deep powder, oh and a bit more deep powder. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin whats the conditions like in Blighty? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin missing you Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, Toofy Grin rolling eyes Toofy Grin Shocked it was deep pwder on the way to Geneva yesterday......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy