Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, 4.30pm..you just out of bed then eh??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mouth, Crikey you home already?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redrunmarcus,still snowing, .............so much powder that cockonorth has bought a snowboard for each foot! Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, yes I heard about his monsters.......did Claire have hers too

Dont't worry it will stop on the second of Jan ........
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Current conditions are super. The slopes are full of perfectly groomed snow and all slopes in Monty are open. yes even Bois Crozelin. The runs are relatively quiet even though the crowds have appeared elsewhere in La Plagne. Lift queues in Bellecote were at their season best yesterday according to my man on the ground. However if you stay in this valley you will have great snow and no crowds. There is more snow forecast tomorrow and Friday so looking good for the new year weekend.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds like there are a few seasoned visitors to Montalbert on here...... so could anyone tell me if there are any good half day runs away from there and back, I visited Montalbert as a novice skier and went with the ESF but didnt go much further than the lift up above Aime La Plagne. It will be my first year as a novice boarder (pressure from my teenage son to not be an old bloke rolling eyes ) so i thought i would give it a go but dont want to spend the week on the same bit every day, any thoughts/suggestions also is there much to do in the evening there in January? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boardatwork, maybe try the runs down to La roche, also try around plagne center then into 1800 and back to Montalbert should easily do you a half day. Theres plenty to do on a evening including Happy hours in all the bars Toofy Grin La tourmente had a live acoustics last night in happy hour and it was v. busy. Also a good night out is with the ESF who take you over to the Olympic bobsliegh and ski back torchlight, also the airboards at night are great fun you go to the top of the second lift and when the pistes are closed you come down head first on the inflateable airboards (with the ESF again). wink Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the reply, when you actually go into plagne center from the Montalbert side, is it easy to get across to the other lifts towards Verdons, Rochette etc?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Heres one of CG skis garden fence to give you an idea of the current snow depth and its still snowing! 20/12/2011
same fence today 31/12/2011

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 31-12-11 15:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boardatwork, Yep dead easy. Have a look at the interactive piste map on http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PlanPistes.htm
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have arrived after a delayed flight into Chambery wich may have been the last one in as the Leeds flight behind us ended up in Lyon I can only assume low cloud........0 degrees on the balcony this morning light snow stopped about 9-30 last night early start this morning pick up in St Foy then on to geneva....hopefully get out for a couple of hours this afternoon........
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New weather station thingy for christmas so more exact temp is now possible..........so 1.6 on the balcony this morning and we are on the snow/ rain line so we have wet snow- Les Arcs 1800- Geneva for me today
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
- 2.6 on the balcony when I got up this morning and has risen to -2 in 20 minutes!!! According to the forecast on radio La Plagne snow will start at 9.00 am rolling eyes it looks like we might get snow -rain -snow as the day progresses. The road up last night was like an ice rink .......Plagne 1800- Geneva today
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blowing a gale out there tonight -snow on the road all the way from Ugine 4 hours back from Geneva lorries stuck cars off the road- cant tell if its snowing still or the wind is blowing it around
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Main chairlift still shut Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
latest new Montalbert chairlift will not open today rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
Thanks cockofthenorth, good job I clicked on was just about to get changed to go out fot the first time since I got here....

-3.6 on the balcony still snowing......on the road at 4.15 this morning to pick up in Le Praz got there at 5-45 gendarmes stopping lorries going up the Courchavel road

No Access to Val D 'Isere ,Tignes, Plagne Belcote,Belle Plagne Val Thorens at the moment.....
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Was the road up to Bozel clear?

I am due out in Champagny tomorrow from Chambery airport.
ski holidays
That should not be a problem it seems to be anything above 1800 that is causing problems-as I say I got up to Le Praz very early this morning and have just got back into Montalbert all day without chains....... Toofy Grin
snow report
skichampcouk, the road should be open but Chambery.......might be delays
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Thank you.
snow report
Bright sunshine now best snow ever but no F---ing lifts working !!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
cockofthenorth, I agree......... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Confused I think the whole area is shut apart from a few local beginer lifts........
latest report
oh well will have to look at the posatives Happy Hour will be open Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just been up both drags just to say I have skied this year...
latest report
- 6.2 On the balcony this morning =no new snow over night -lots of stars and a big bright moon-should be a nice sunny day and quiet out there

My day: Belle Plagne for 7-30 -Bourg railway station- Chambery- Montalbert-Chambery-Montalbert-Hope Chambery is working well..........
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Crikey, I had better stop reccomending S4FT just so you can get a day off wink Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, No don't do that we are most grateful for your marketing efforts...........I am off on tuesday.....so far!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chambery was ok for me this morning, flight from Manchester arrived 15 minutes early. Very quiet journey from Chambery to Champagny with clear roads up until the church / swimming pool in Champagny. Winter tyres coped with the snow on the road after that.
latest report
skichampcouk, pleased to hear it ...I was up at Belle Plagne early this morning all open and ok up there now -they have lots of snow....
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, hey you have arrived then? We left last Tuesday but back on 27th. Great conditions eh? We will see you soon xx
snow report
Mouth, Hi yes arrived on Monday conditions fantastic see you whenyou are back out
snow report
-4.2 on the balcony snow cannons running- looks like a clear day in prospect-went out for a couple of hours yesterday flat light and cloud rolling up and down the mountain

Today Tignes -Geneva
snow report
-1 on the balcony looks like another sunny day just like yesterday-cannons running last night- all still looks snowy and as it should

off to Geneva soon
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, sunny days for the foreseeable future Very Happy
ski holidays
-.05 on the balcony now snow in great shape on piste -and an adventure for me Northface with Giles and Jerome wonderful and hard work but very enjoyable-sun all day but colder than last few days..... Cool snowHead Laughing
latest report
-4.4 this morning snow cannons running all night....looks like another sunny day in the mountains...snow next weekend??

Chambery for me today.....
ski holidays
-5.7 on the balcony this morning - another sunny day -snow cannons running all night- the pistes are the best I have seen them -was told they were very fast yesterday!!

Bellecote-Chambery-Les Arcs my itinery for today
snow report
-5.4 on the balcony weather station this morning ....snow cannons running last night large piles of snow now available.....guess what clear and sunny expected today Cool Cool .......looks like pecipitation from thursday and maybee heavy snow friday night before saturdays transfers..........

Skiing today Smile going to try the black off the mid station to the glacier it was closed most of last year.....
ski holidays
-4.6 on the balcony with an overnight low of-6.9 snow cannons running overnight- all mounds down here bashed overnight more sun forecast and still looks like snow Thursday into the weekend- went down the black down from glacier mid station yesterday ......not worth the effort unless you are a mogul fan !! Mont de la Geurre today
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy