Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
foxtrotzulu, a good idea would be to book them in private lessons in La plagne center with either Oxygene or ESF, the other advantage of this is that you dont have to return back to Montalbert. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am with cockofthenorth, Oxygene in Plagne centre where you can ask for English instructors.....you can book on line I guess laplagne@oxygene-ski.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+ 6 degrees.......we seem to have a southerly wind...... Confused it was 5 degrees in Tignes Les Brevieres at 7 pm last night...... pistes still looking good hope to get out this pm

Montalbert-Geneva Montalbert
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cockofthenorth, redrunmarcus, Many thanks for the advice. Lessons now booked with Oxygene as suggested. They sounded very freindly and helpful. I can quite see a rebellion coming on Tuesday a.m. when I pack them back off for their usual group lessons with the ESF!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu, I think you might be right ....they will enjoy Oxygene ...which instructor have they got ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, I asked for someone who speak English and is good with children. They said Cathy was their most popular instructor with children, so that's who they've got. I suppose the question I should have asked is which female instructor is most popular with forty eight year old men!

I was very tempted to go with Oxygene for all the tuirion, but the friends we are going with are using ESF, as they did last year, and it just seemed too complex to muck about and to persuade them that a 30 minute trip to ski school was a good way to start the day. However, I suspect that is the better solution in all sorts of ways.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu, cool I am sure all will work out.....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+ 4.2.....looks like another sunny day .......going to try to get down to Villaroger today....will let you know !!!!!1
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+ 6 and sunny.........

Went over to Villaroger yesterday mostly good all the way a bit soupy down to Villaroger village ,some soft lumps and bumps but a great day out..... lunch at Le Ferme whish was packed......and sunny runs back to Montalbert in good nick...came back via Roclise which was fine as was Bois Crozelin the day before......

Montalbert -Tignes -Geneva- Montalbert
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus, Sounds good still, I guess you are leaving for home this coming Friday?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, No on monday 2nd April......... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shocked See you in l'arb for Happy Hour on Saturday then Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ok no probs work permiting......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+ 4.5 ....is it ever going to freeze again???

Montalbert- Tignes -Geneva-Grenoble-La Tania-Montalbert
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+ 3.7 ....but there is frost on the cars

its sunny and I 'm skiing
snow report
+ lots ....snow holding up well supposed to get colder next week.....

I go back Monday so should be snow around then ...........

Pistes back to Montalbert some of the best around
snow conditions
+ 2.7 and frost on the cars at 7-45
+17.1 in the sun on the balcony at 9.35
sunny.......

But from Tuesday onwards .....!!!!!!!!!
snow report
Just returned from a fabulous week in Montalbert. Masses of sun and the pistes holding up remarkably well. Snow cover away from the pistes has suffered pretty badly over the last few days but the pists still in very good conditioning considering.

Marcus - Sorry I never got to buy you a beer. I did stick my head into L'Abrevoir one evening, but for once you weren't in at the time! Thanks again for all your help. James
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu, Glad you enjoyed your week.........
snow conditions
+ 3.3 on the balcony at 7-30 frost on the cars sunny

Thats it from me this season...............
snow report
Thats a nice looking webcam picture this morning ..............
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/qDsUOeHlC9k Shocked
snow report
cockofthenorth, FFFS, tell us the story!
snow conditions
Mid morning, and the snow was fantastic, must of seen no more than 10 people in La ros, we where planning on doing the back of the fort a route which we've done many times, Set off and within first two turns it started to slide, tryed to pull left but a few big rock that side so the avalanche pulled me in to the middle and took me 2 to 300 meters down the face - deployed the ABS once I knew the thing was going to cover me. thank god for ABS
snow report
Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, pleased to hear you are ok.
snow report
cockofthenorth, Shocked Shocked Shocked Great way to finish the season! Who else was with you?
latest report
cockofthenorth, bloody hell! Glad you're OK. Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, Worth posting in the main forum with a description of risk factors/red flags you missed? Not trying to judge but first hand experience is useful for all of us.

Cheers
latest report
An off piste trip to Montalbert!!! Twisted Evil

What a day!! After the hassle of getting over to the Arc 2000 bowl yesterday we went to the La Plagne ski area today. What a great move!! Arrived at Les Coches after only a 20min drive and we were up and skiing within 30 min.

After getting to the top of the Les Coches side of La Plagne, due to the weather and poor vis we decided to head off piste into the forest areas. Starting from high on the ridge we carefully made our way through the meadow and down the steeper face into the forest areas in very deep snow. Due to the higher avalanche risk with so much fresh snow about we went very carefully down the steeper slopes taking a very conservative line.

After nearly an hour of untracked deep powder we arrived at La Roche and then had a run down through the forest on that side in more fresh snow finally reaching the Omelette Restaurant almost exclusively off piste from leaving Les Coches to arriving in Montalbert. This is a route I have tried a number of times, but today was the first time I have managed to do all sections off piste almost the whole way.

After a good lunch we headed back to Les Coches by mostly off piste routes again with snow falling around us, the wind blowing quite strongly at times and great powder well up to our knees.

By the time we reached the car it was 5pm and we had only stopped once for a short lunch. Quite a day and although the vis was bad at times, the snow conditions made up for it.

Tomorrow promises to be more of the same as it is snowing higher up again tonight. If you are interested in seeing what it looked like today, check out the latest photos in the April 2012 Album Two of my Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy! Toofy Grin

Just above Montalbert.

Montablert at about 2pm after lunch! April 24
snow report
And the summer 30c on the balcony and the Les Arcs Glacier visible in the background Very Happy
snow report
Rafting to be done as well
ski holidays
and parapenting
ski holidays
and some Kayaking, and a nice riverside lunch spot (The boaters are Welsh, you would think they had enough white water at home!)
snow report
and if all else fails you could do Ski jumping on a dry slope Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, could you see if they have put a new balcony on my app.........if so a pic would be nice ....cheers

It all looks fantastic out there .....wish I was There
snow report
redrunmarcus, Back now, but out there again soon. I'll pm you when I'm there, to check which one to look for from the outside Toofy Grin
snow report
Boredsurfing, OK cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy