Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
-3 this morning at 8 am and still light snow

+3 now still cloudy but a great days skiing some lovely flufffy powder knee deep in places....

Flat light meant you did not know up from down at times

Were in 6 th bubble to glacier when it opened about 12 and it was above the clouds fantasic up there with a sea of clouds just below
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
- 6.5 and clear blue sky............wonderful for sone peoples last day.....

Montalbert-Tignes-Geneva-Montalbert

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 18-02-12 4:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
-3.5 its warming up...possible snow tomorrow

Montalbert-Les Arcs-Geneva-La Rosiere-Chambery-Montalbert
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ZERO degrees cloudy the odd snow flake....

Montalbert-Lyon- Val d 'Isere -Montalbert
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
- 6.2 out there this morning very light snow ..looks very grey
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
- 4.6 ...they don't seem to run the snow cannons over night during half term except sat night...I guess too many mounds for the hoards to ski round...at 5 pm yesterday the bottom of the slopes were packed....where do all these people stay...by 7pm the place was deserted......

Montalbert-Les Arcs- Geneva -Montalbert
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No report from redrunmarcus, this morning. I think that maybe that is because he is playing chalet boy for the day...news spread fast aorund the village. I hope your eggs were up to scratch... Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi redrunmarcus, I am advised by thefatcontroller over on the Les Arcs thread that you are guru of travel to Geneva!

Apologies for dropping in on this thread with a tangent.... but, I will be out in Les Arcs from tomorrow for a few days boarding. We normally travel on weekdays and leave around 3 hrs for the journey (Bourg St Maurice to GVA) but this time we are flying back from geneva on the 2130 Sunday evening Easyjet flight and I'm concerned about weekend traffic. (I would intend leaving Bourg at 1630, giving us 3hrs journey time and time to check-in) In your experience, would you allow extra time on a sunday? Say leave at 3.30 or earlier?

Thanks !
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richie_S, we do are transfers on a sunday and you will have no problem with allowing 3 hours to get to Geneva wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

flying back from geneva on the 2130 Sunday evening Easyjet flight

Beware the Eastjet check in at GVA can be chaos .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richie_S, as cockofthenorth, says should have no probs on a Sunday.......and we would schedule 5 hours for that trip

Mouth, you are dead right ...and the eggs were fine thanks ...I did one yesterday but it seems to have disappeared?

Today+ 2.7 at 8 am.........sun out now looks like spring has sprung bring the suntan cream..... Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+ 4 this morning clear sky......

Montalbert -Geneva-Tignes-Montalbert
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This time next week I will be back!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zero degrees this morning looks like more of the same

Montalbert-Val D Isere-Lyon-Montalbert-Plagne Centre-Geneva-Montalbert
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
THIRTY TWO POINT SIX degrees on the balcony and rising Cool Cool Cool like sking in the Greek Islands.....snow next week...!!!!!!!!

32.8 now
snow report
+ 3.2 this morning ...bring on the snow.......maybe

Montalbert-Les Coches-Bourg-Tignes-Geneva-Les Coches-Montalbert
latest report
MINUS 2.1 this morning covering of snow and loads of cloud........

Montalbert-Geneva-Montalbert-Geneva-Montalbert
snow conditions
Good to hear there's some fresh snow around, looking fwd to being back in Monty on Friday eve for a skeaky weekend trip Very Happy
latest report
-6 this morning- sunny day- pistes in excellent condition - snowHead nice grippy snow Cool
ski holidays
- 1.4 possible light covering of snow but can't really see as the street lights aren't working so its pitch black!!!!!

Montalbert-Les Coches-Geneva -Les Arcs
ski holidays
-3.7 at 7.30 this morning been for a hike up the hill ....need a shower now....snow cannons running all night -sun shining- another beautiful morning at the office.......
ski holidays
Apologies for the boring question, but I just know that someone here will know the answer.....

Driving from Grenoble airport to Montalbert (depart 11.00) on Sunday 25th of March. We're staying at a self-catering apartment and I was wondering where en-route is the best/easiest supermarket to stop at that will be open at that time.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

James
snow conditions
There's a big supermarket in Moutiers just behind the train station if I remember correctly.
latest report
foxtrotzulu, The supermarkets in France close 12 mid day on Sundays......as you come out of the aiport you come to a roundabout there is a supermarket off the second exit by Mac Donalds ....in fact there are 2 on the same retail area.....
snow conditions
Yes, sorry I forgot about the backwards opening times on sundays! Still catches me out here in the uk.
latest report
Many thanks Redrunmarcus, Iknew for sure you would know!

James
latest report
foxtrotzulu, no probs hope flight is on time...there is a supermarket in resort bit is more expensive than in the valley we also have a couple of delis with great ready meals ...you will find most of the locals in L'Abrevoir bar at happy hour 5 till 6-30
snow conditions
redrunmarcus,

Thanks for the great advice. We are two families with children (9-13) staying up in the Chalets de Montalbert through Mountain Heaven. I expect we'll bump into you at L'Abrevoir at some stage although sadly now that we are sensible, responsible, boring and middle aged I fear we may not be out roaring, rogering, gorging and puking with the rest of you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure we do any of the latter....well not often but come and say high if you see me ...there are usually some english at the dartboard !!!!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy your drive ......

Well the weather is hopefully going to change on Sunday !!!!!!...there is only so much sun you can take in a ski resort....the snow is holding up very well but some slopes are getting churned up as the day goes on ....the runs back to resort are some of the best I skied yesterday especially early in the morning
Went to watch the X Games in Tignes on thursday fantastic spectacle loads of people and a great atmosphere Cool

Montalbert-La Plagne-Geneva-Tignes-Montalbert

Think this will be my 6th trip to Geneva this week it is a busy place....
ski holidays
Just dropped from 12 to 6 degrees in an hour very cloudy so hopefully............. snowHead
ski holidays
Now 1 degree and........

ITS SNOWING HARD

Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Cool Cool Cool

It's amazing how the weather can change !!!!
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Excellent the webcam makes it all look a bit wet and sleety, good to know that it's snowing properly now snowHead
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Oh its definately real snow...... snowHead
snow report
-1.7 5" of snow between 4 pm and 9pm then just a few flocons but has made the place look presentable again......
Going for a skin up the hill at 7....... Confused

Montalbert Les Arcs-Chambery-Geneva-Montalbert
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Montalbert always looks presentable, presumably you mean the rest of it wink
ski holidays
come on redrunmarcus, update please Boredsurfing, and I arrive in about 10 days
snow report
Mouth, -3.7 this morning just about to go out for ski so will update the snow conditions ....blue sky and +8

Montalbert-Geneva -Montalbert
snow conditions
In the main the pistes are in great condition there are a few soft /springlike slopes but a good couple of hours ...cloud seems to be coming in but no snow forecast?
snow report
+ 2.7 This morning looks like a sunny day on the cards nothing came out of last nights clouds

Montalbert-Tignes Le Lac-Geneva-Tignes Les Brevieres
snow report
I need to arrange a couple of private lessons for the children (9&11) on Monday and Tuesday (?) afternoons. ESF say that I can't book these except possibly on the day itself. Private lessons are only available over the lunch break. Any other (non-ESF) ski instructors in Montalbert who speak English and are good with children? Any thought Marcus, Oh Guru or Montalbert?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy