Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MONTALBERT 2011/2012

Poster: A snowHead
cockofthenorth, Lovely crisp sunny day here, plus nice and busy Very Happy
Oh yes -5c forecast here tonight
Snow forecast Saturday Monday and Tuesday snowHead (maybe)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Minus 10 on the balcony and more snow coming today. Conditions are brilliant on and off piste. Yesterday saw some sun but today the snow returns with more falls imminent.

I was fortunate to experience some of the deep powder with Cockofthenorth the other day. Wow...amazing powder fields on the secret return to Monty route. It is just very very cold out there which is great for the snow but not good for ones toes and extremities.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mouth, Very Happy Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Minus 11 on the balcony this morning and another cold cold day ahead. It has snowed AGAIN overnight. Conditions are incredible and with the forecast remaining cold the snow will keep its great conditions through to the school holss fast approaching. Despite all the snow that has fallen the snow cannons have been running.

redrunmarcus, Montalbert-Bellecote-Montalbert-Montchavin-Montalbert.... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
-16.4 out there this morning its going to be a cold drive down the hill ....and an even colder ski day...lots of Green Chaud is my tip wink stay warm out there

Montalbert-Geneva-Les Coches-Geneva-Arcs 1800.... Very Happy Mouth, Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, urg you beat me to it on my last morning! Minus 15 currently on our balcony (we are slightly lower altitude than you!). Mouth Juniors teacher said yesterday that she had been told that there is a possibility today that kids will not be allowed on the higher lifts due to the immense cold we are experiencing. Suits me fine. Should be a quiet day on the slopes as transfer day so will make the most of empty slopes and tremendous conditions..... and yes it snowed again last night so fresh powder AGAIN.

What a fab season we are having
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
-17 this morning which is positively balmy after yesterdays MINUS 22 ........looks like its going to be another clear cold day snow cannons running all night

Montalbert-Lyon- Montalbert
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
-17.6 on the balcony-I have noiced the temp drops over the next couple of hours....in fact it is now - 17.8 !!! The area has run out of anti-waxing stuff for disel engines anyone with a stash of it could make a killing out here at the moment.....

Montalbert-Geneva-Montalbert
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am coming out to montalbert next Saturday, could anyone let me know the state of the roads up to montalbert at the moment, having been there many times but never had to use snow chains before! Hopefully will not have to this year so fingers crossed for an 'all clear' response! Many thanks for any advice, info given.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus, I was told last night that the Total garage in Aime had quite a bit still
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rich38, you picked the busiest saturday of the season so expect by the time you get there the 2000 other cars making they way up to the village will have cleared the way nicely Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I didn't pick the busiest Saturday, had no choice! My wife and I both work in education. We will be travelling through the night which normally gets us to resort between 7am and 11am so perhaps we will be one of the first arrivals that day. If that is the case how are roads currently looking?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As there is no appreciable snow forecast untill tomorrow week I'm guessing the roads will be clear.
The car parks on the other hand................
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks Boredsurfing, we are staying at the chalets de montalbert. Hope their will be car parking space there.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oops just spotted horrific spelling error in previous post, 'hope there will be car parking space there' Off to write there 100 times on paper.
latest report
rich38, You should be fine up that end.
I was to polite to comment wink
latest report
Thank ewe Boredsurfing, your to cind!
snow report
Bringing out some additive for fuel when we come out on friday!!!

Whats the forcast for temps over the next week?????
latest report
rich38, the roads are fine to Montalbert ......at the moment.....from the centre up to Chalets De Montalbert there is snow on the road I drive up every day as I live up that end I have no probs with winter tyres-if you are arriving that early you should get a space ....

genepi, will have a look but we have tried there as far as I know-I have tried in Chambery-Albertville-Moutiers-Bourg

ntfarmer, could you bring some for us please......
latest report
snow cannons running..temp a high -12.9.....does that mean it's warming up -skiing yesterday pm...IT WAS BLOODY COLD had to warm my ski boots in front of the fire just to soften them enough to get them off.........

Montalbert-Les Coches-Geneva-Montalbert
snow report
Thanks for the info redrunmarcus, are the snow conditions still good?
ski holidays
rich38, Yes all good snow cannons running overnight on resort runs............could be snow middle of next week

genepi, Tried the Total garage yesterday......sold out as was Roady in Bourg

-8.8 this morning
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, I'm hopefully getting you some later today, delivered to you by 'courier' tomorrow evening Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfing, That would be great thanks a lot its not getting any warmer.....there are dead cars all over the place........

-12.5 and just started snowing.............

Montalbert -Geneva -Montalbert
snow report
redrunmarcus, Courier now in France, on way with additive Very Happy wink
latest report
boredsurfin, Cool
ski holidays
redrunmarcus courier is in town. got two bottles which said that it is good for 60L per bottle.
snow report
ntfarmer, Thats great thanks I am working till late today what about meeting in L'Abrev tomorrow happy hour?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
- 15.3 on the balcony a little snow overnight.....and very light snow now

Montalbert -Les Arcs-Geneva-Chambery-La Rosiere-Montalbert
ski holidays
Anyone in Montalbert have a Dell power lead that could be borrowed to power up a Dell laptop thats needed for some GCSE revision?
snow report
Boredsurfing, YES............l'Abrev tomorrow happy hour.......
snow conditions
Great I'll tell nt farmer to get in touch/ meet you there!
latest report
Boredsurfing, OK no probs

-14.6 light snow last night

Montalbert Valmorel-Geneva-Arcs 1800-Montalbert
snow report
Yes had a text from ntfarmer, yesterday enjoying quiet pistes and good conditions. He is missing us though so Boredsurfing, we need to work on him coming out at Easter at some point as you have limited Feb half terms left and we will never do the Feb hol....
snow report
Mouth, If you volunteer to do the lambing/feed the cows/plough and drill for him I suspect he would be there like a shot Laughing
snow conditions
- 15.7 and looks like a sunny day today.......people saying not too busy out there yesterday ......was very busy on the road on Saturday as has been said in another thread very slow to Moutiers......... anyone driving to get a flight this Sat LEAVE EARLY.....
ski holidays
- 12.2 ..MUST BE WARMING UP........snow maybe tomorrow!!!!
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
Mouth, If you volunteer to do the lambing/feed the cows/plough and drill for him I suspect he would be there like a shot Laughing
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
must be warming up as its only -7.2 at the moment.

love to come out at easter but we have choosen the right week this half term as its not the paris week, its only local hols this week and we have had no problems with cues, it been easy to do all the sking we want.

will try and convince wilts and hampshire CC to do this week for next year.

UPDATE on GCSE work, going will, even if not really wanting to do it. THANK MARCUS for the help.
ski holidays
ntfarmer, No probs always happy to help a dedicated student..........!!

Minus 8 and has been snowing at the rate of 1 snowflake a minute since about 8 last night snowplough just been up the road.......supposed to get heavier as the day goes on Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy