Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Ski Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
snowbunny, Laughing saucer of milk?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, Would you like to borrow my reading glasses wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, No thank you I'll be just fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno,so Wngen is still on the cards....Wengen is cheaper than Zermatt !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes, Yes Wengen is definately on the cards, and yes I know that Zermatt is more expensive but the OH still wants to go to Zermatt, so I guess if the price difference isn't excessive then we'll end up in Zermatt, and if it is then it'll be Wengen. snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 2-09-05 20:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, you do realise you just said Wengen was more expensive than Zermatt Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, So I did Embarassed I've spent too long at this pc I'm going Madeye-Smiley

Now edited.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
good grief - I dont check a thread for a couple of days and come back to find I've caused chaos....!!

brian is absolutely right - first thread was before we went....

Didnt actually find Zermatt any worse than French resorts... except you can pay a fortune for lunch if you choose to..
The food at the Admiral was so good we tried not to have too much at lunch or we couldnt manage the massive dinner...

Next time we might consider staying B & B so that we can take more advantage of the lunchtime stops.

I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you choose....
ps - Tesco are financing Verbier for us this year - how kind - xxxx
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jayne durham, Laughing Good old tesco! snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone been to Flims?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
erica2004, yes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
erica2004, yes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, may I ask what the deal is with Tesco vouchers? I have lots and want to use them on something worthwhile.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
micksup, If you have for example £100 tesco vouchers you can get £400 back in deals vouchers. The Tesco Deals Booklet tells you what deals are available; these include holidays, air miles, airport parking, theme parks etc etc. You then fill out the form in the back of the booklet stating which deal you wish to exchange your vouchers for; you will see that the Swiss Travel Service brochure is included, which is why we are choosing a swiss ski resort. snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks IncogSkiSno, I am now trying to find out what I do next. Are your bookings directly with STS or via Bridge Travel? Is there a limit to the number I can use?
ski holidays
micksup, You book direct with STS. Firstly, get your vouchers exchanged by filling out the form in the back of the Deals Booklet and once you have your vouchers (I think they are valid for a year, but not sure on that) you just book with STS. They informed me that they only took the vouchers for the hotel and accommodation and not for ski hire, lessons or passes, but that was 1year ago things may have changed since then. Good luck let me know how you get on and where you'll be going. snowHead
latest report
micksup, Deal vouchers are only valid for 6 months.

All, we couldn't get into the Alpenrose in Wengen, so the decision was made for us, we are going to Zermatt. I can't decide between the Admiral Hotel which is meant to have good food and is opposite the Sunnegga funicular, or the Butterfly which is larger and has good food but is nearer to the Gornergrat mountain railway. We will be having lessons but not sure of what Ski School though - advise welcome please. snowHead
snow report
IncogSkiSno,
The funicular and rail are not to far apart, but for sking purposes the funicular is rather more useful as it gets you onto the slopes a bit quicker. The rail is slow. The areas do interconnect higher up. Personally I would go with whichever hotel looks better though.
snow report
T Bar, Thanks! I like the look/description of both of them, so I'll be happy with either, I think Confused
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, We're thinking of staying in the Alex hotel - sounds a lot of fun. There is a disco for 30 - 60 yr olds!! When are you going?
ski holidays
erica2004, middle - end of Jan, we haven't quite decided yet. When are you going? snowHead

edit: or possibly the end of March.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 20-09-05 19:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
IncogSkiSno,
Quote:

We will be having lessons but not sure of what Ski School though - advise welcome please.

I had a bad experience with "Stoked" last year, although I accept that other people rave about them. If you do decide to go with them I would enquire a lot about the teacher's experience. The one we had was seriously underexperienced for our level of skiing.
latest report
Steve Sparks, Ooo, yes we had considered going with them as the SSS hasn't had very good press. What level skier are you?
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, I'm an advanced skiier, but always looking for things to learn. There's a thread on here called "How do you know if a ski teacher's any good?" which details it all and has some really good hints on assessing ski schools. The lesson i learnt from the whole business was to ask lots of questions up front. Part of the problem I guess was that the ESS weren't doing collective and Stoked had lots of corporate clients that week, so there wasn't much choice. But you can't rely on the office staff to determine that you and the teacher are an approaprite match.
snow report
Steve Sparks, Thanks, I will go and look at that thread if I can find it. snowHead
snow report
IncogSkiSno,

Quote:

I can't decide between the Admiral Hotel which is meant to have good food and is opposite the Sunnegga funicular, or the Butterfly which is larger and has good food but is nearer to the Gornergrat

Have heard excellent reports re the butterfly, never stayed there myself and know nothing about the Admiral.
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, We're planning on going 4/3/06.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
erica2004, ah, we should be on our other holiday around then, awaiting confirmation at the moment. Shame we could have met up, it might have been fun Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I have just been reading this thread whilst trying to find the thread that Steve Sparks mentioned about Instructors, does anyone know any more about this Ski School and whether or not they are now operating in Zermatt? snowHead
snow conditions
All, it's now all booked, we're off to Zermatt 28th Jan, staying at the Butterfly snowHead

Thanks for all the advice, still got to book School though. Is it best to arrange this now or when we get there Puzzled
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno,

They were operating in Zermatt last winter. In fact the ski teacher we had said he wished he was working for them which dented my faith in his professionalism even further. rolling eyes

The time you're going will be fairly quiet so you could wait until you get there to book classes. If you're doing collective lessons it is probably worth ringing or emailing a week or so in advance, but if you're looking for private I'd want to be able to have quite a long chat with the ski school about what you're looking for which is probably easier to do when you arrive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy