Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach travel option to the resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the cost of ski carriage charged by TO's and the general off putting experience of air travel, I was thinking about going by Coach for my ski holiday but i've only heard of 'Snowcoach' Who now only go to 3 resorts in France.

Are there other UK based Coach TO's that take people to European ski resorts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you also considered getting the train down there? I've booked up on the eurostar and its direct from London St Pancras to Bourg St Maurice for less than £200 return on an overnight train giving me 2 extra days skiing in the resort! Very Happy You can obviously connect to other services if you prefer in Paris but it gets a little more complicated. as you'll likely need to change between stations in Paris.

As for the coach option, a quick google found these people: http://www.snowexpress.co.uk/ - to be honest, I've not taken a coach down so can't recommend anyone..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of the ski operators go by coach. Just look at all the university and school trips filling the Ferries on Friday night and the number of UK coaches you see in the resorts.

Ski Olympic used to use their own coaches , but now I think only do self drive or flying
Ski Meribel obviously only go to Meribel.
SkiBus UK do the usual routes to Bourg st Maurice.

I used to enjoy going by coach until I could afford the train (which can be expensive). Now I usually drive

Check where you are going to be picked up in the UK. It may be difficult to get to, for example, Central London or a motorway service station.

John
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi cc_7up,

Travelling by coach the easiest option is to book your travel and chalet seperately.

Eurolines offer coach travel to most of the valley towns. If you are staying in a chalet they will usually pick you up for free from nearby, or if you are self-catering you'll need to get a taxi.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy