Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
That's because there's an exemption for countries which have land borders with Switzerland.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arrived yesterday, lots of snow!

It’s cold, with lots more snow forecast over the next few days. Skiing is due to start at Scheidegg on Saturday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@telford_mike, You are a fountain of knowledge! Any idea of how long the 10 day quarantine will be implemented?
I really want to get to Wengen for Christmas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks wonderful Mike, im very jealous even if the view is from Wengen
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skilegs wrote:
@telford_mike, Any idea of how long the 10 day quarantine will be implemented?
I really want to get to Wengen for Christmas.

Big meeting of the Federal Council this afternoon. Fingers crossed it’s not for too long. I'm convinced they’ll want to protect the Xmas and NY tourism.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
looks fantastic. Enjoy the skiing.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome re omicron and a relaxation of restrictions
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swiss haven't been terribly logical the last few days one hopes the powers that be find some sanity before they destroy Xmas and New Year holidays
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No change to quarantine rules for travellers from countries with a variant of concern, in the press conference this afternoon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@telford_mike, Are you on the balcony of Chalet Dillon?!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@grumpygargoyle, Chalet Iltis, not far away.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Amazing view. Glad you made it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skilegs, looks like there may be good news tomorrow.

Federal Council meet tomorrow afternoon. It would be good news for me too, as I'm not particularly enjoying quarantine.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike, let's hope it does turn out to be good news.
I've been on a motoring trip in France (I crossed from Dover on 25th November) spending several days in Les Deux Alpes. I had previously booked to be at the Hotel Steinbock in Lauterbrunnen from 2nd December for 3 nights but that fell foul of the quarantine requirement. The booking was made through Booking.com and was non-refundable, so I stood to lose over £200. Sad However I thought I might as well try contacting the hotel to see if they'd be prepared to put back my arrival date by a few days, since if I enter Switzerland on 6th December I will have been in France for more than 10 days, so the quarantine requirement for someone arriving from the UK within the previous 10 days no longer applies to me (as confirmed by Swiss Travelcheck).
So I got through on the phone to a nice Swiss lady (presumably the owner or manager) to try to see if I could arrange delaying the date of my arrival. She said she didn't speak English well so I switched to German, and together with a few "merci vielmal" comments I inserted into the conversation I was able to arrange this, in spite of the booking being non refundable. I got a message back from Booking.com stating that the change to my arrival date had been made, but that I should note that this change is exceptional and would not normally be allowed.
So I'm feeling rather pleased that my money hasn't been wasted and that I'll get a few days in Lauterbrunnen after all. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, great news. We are hoping to be in Grindelwald on 29th January.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Alastair Pink, great news Alastair.
snow conditions
From the Berner Zeitung:

The Federal Council has lifted the quarantine requirement when entering Switzerland for all countries - both for the Schengen states and for countries in southern Africa. The new regulation will apply from (tomorrow) Saturday.

In order to prevent the introduction of the new Omikron variant as far as possible, a more stringent test requirement applies, as the Federal Council announced on Friday. All persons, including those who have been vaccinated and those who have recovered, must present a negative PCR test result when entering Switzerland. In addition, a second test, PCR or rapid antigen test, must be done between the fourth and the seventh day after arrival.

This test will ensure that infected people who contracted the virus shortly before or during the trip are recognized, the Federal Council announced. The test costs must be borne by the immigrants themselves.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, good news !!
ski holidays
Great news holiday makers allowed in with no quarantine only need a PCR test andentry form then a test o Day 4 and 7
snow report
Well good news about the quarantine requirement being dropped from tomorrow (Saturday). Very Happy I'll still be entering Switzerland on Monday 6th December for a 3 night stay, so tomorrow I'll need to get myself a PCR test in Tignes. I believe the Swiss accept a PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering Switzerland?
ski holidays
Everything looks ready to go for the start of the season at Scheidegg tomorrow. It's absolutely freezing, and every cannon on the mountain is roaring.

latest report
@Alastair Pink, yes that's right, PCR to enter and a rapid test on days 4 to 7.
snow report
from the 28th Dec (until it is not required) a test center is being set up in the sports centre for testing PCR or rapid antigen tests. No need to visit Lauterbrunnen for guests in Murren !!
snow report
I'm visiting from the 18th to 29th where do we go to get the pcr/antigen tests?
latest report
@Rachelljtaylor, every weekday, from 3pm, at the doctors' surgery in Wengen. You need to book by phone or online. https://xundheitszentrum.ch/standort/wengen/
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
@Alastair Pink, yes that's right, PCR to enter and a rapid test on days 4 to 7.

I was intending entering Switzerland on Monday 6th, but I've seen it stated by some people that the new requirement for a PCR test doesn't start until Monday 6th? Is that true, and if so could I enter Switzerland on Sunday 5th and avoid the need for a PCR test on entry? Puzzled
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, according to this: https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69393.pdf

And this: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/de/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86260.html

The rules change tomorrow, and it must be a PCR.
latest report
Thanks Mike much appreciated, I'll stand you a drink at Rocks Bar!!
ski holidays
@telford_mike, thanks, that's what I thought, but some things do change on the Monday (relating to mask wearing etc).

It's proving very difficult to get a PCR test in Tignes, there's a Covid testing centre been set up in town, but the first available test appointment isn't until Monday 6th. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rachelljtaylor wrote:
Thanks Mike much appreciated, I'll stand you a drink at Rocks Bar!!

Thanks! Just back from there actually. It's had a bit of a rebrand, and it’s now 'Rocks Mixology Bar', with an emphasis on cocktails, some of them very weird. One that was very popular tonight was a drink that was mixed and then placed in a glass chamber full of smoke, which apparently enhanced the taste. Music is jazz, and it’s still a great place. Obviously, they still sell beer and all the regular stuff.
snow report
Another good snowfall last night. Hard work getting home from the pub.

The outdoor ice rink is open. Very few tourists around.
snow report
Quite nice up at Scheidegg today, just 3 lifts running and hardly any skiers. Weather was nice - a mix of sunshine and snow, and it’s absolutely freezing.

No hotels open yet, the village is very quiet.
ski holidays
Big snowfall in the village today. Ploughs working hard.

snow conditions
Well it's my last day in Lauterbrunnen, leaving tomorrow. As I needed a lateral flow test taken within 48 hours before I enter the UK (I'm on the ferry from Calais that gets into Dover on Friday at 12:20) I was looking round for somewhere to get the test done when I noticed that they have set up a Covid test facility at the Grindelwald Terminal. No booking or reservations, just turn up and first come first served. The cost of the lateral flow test was CHF40 (quite expensive by UK standards) but it was very convenient and also gave me the opportunity to check out the new Eiger Express. The gondolas are very spacious (although due to the very few people around I was on my own in the gondola both on the way up and the way down). At the top of the Eiger Express in addition to the connection to the train up to the Jungfraujoch there's also a small bistro where I had a hot Schoggi. By the time I'd got back down again on the Glacier Express it was 15:10 and I was able to go straight to the Covid test facility and get my test, which covers me for my Friday travel to the UK. Here's the info on the test facility at Grindelwald Terminal: https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/corporate/news/new-walk-in-test-center-for-covid-19-tests-in-the-grindelwald-terminal-6863/
snow conditions
Finally, some nice weather.

Pistes are good, with powder on a firm base. On weekdays it’s still very quiet. Hotels will be opening this weekend. In Wengen, the Glühwein Festival (basically a big party in the street) has been cancelled because of you-know-what, which is a shame. Nice weather is forecast all week.
snow report
Murren visitors

Opening hours Caremed Praxis

Lauterbrunnen from 24th Dec, 2021 (Tel: +41 33 856 26 26)
Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri: 8.00-11.30 am and 1.30-5.00 pm
Thu: 8.00-11.30 am, afternoon emergency service
Sat (incl. 24th and 31st Dec, 2021): 8.00-12.00 am, afternoon emergency service
Sun/holiday: emergency service
Mürren from 28th Dec, 2021 until mid march 2022 (Tel: +41 33 856 02 26)
Tue/Thu: 9.30-12.00 am und 1:30-4.00 pm
There may be exceptions during the Lauberhorn and Inferno race week.

Walk-in test centres Lauterbrunnen & Mürren
from 25th Dec, 2021 until mid march 2022
We offer PCR or rapid tests, both nasopharyngeal, whose results or certificates we
send by e-mail.
Registration for the test is mandatory at www.corona123.ch.
Please bring your health insurance card (CH citizen), ID, cash or bank card
(PCR: CHF 160.- / rapid test: CHF 50.-).
If you have any questions, please contact us during opening hours at
Tel: +41 79 968 46 04.
In Lauterbrunnen in the old schoolhouse: daily 8.00-10.00 am
(PCR tests are only possible until 9.00 am on Saturdays, not at all on Sundays,
result available after 24 hours)
Mürren at the Palace near the Sports Centre from 28th Dec: Tue/Thu/Fri/Sat 4.00-
6.00 pm (PCR tests not possible on Saturdays, result available after min. 48 hours)
ski holidays
Another nice day today, and even fewer skiers around.

Very mild, but snow still fine. Valley runs open to Wengen and Grindelwald.
snow conditions
I see the temps drop and snow is forecasted on the long range forecast from the 27th, obviously a long way off but fingers X
snow report
Boot fitting in Interlaken. The shop is Eiger Sport on Bahnhofstrasse, 5 minutes walk from Interlaken West station.

The boot fitter is Kaspar. Very thorough and professional. Will try the new boots tomorrow, but confidence is high.
snow report
@telford_mike, how many did you try?
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, they were for Val - half a dozen I guess. She needs narrow heel / wide forefoot. She ended up with Salomon S Pro 100. A good workout on Männlichen tomorrow morning will see whether she made a good choice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy