Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Fresh snow overnight, and now the sun's out.

Conditions are, frankly, unbelievable for the middle of April.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Murren Schilthorn will be open until 2nd May for skiing.

Jungfrau region is one of the last areas to close in Switzerland this winter
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jill t wrote:
Murren Schilthorn will be open until 2nd May for skiing.

Jungfrau region is one of the last areas to close in Switzerland this winter

Yes, this year the Telemark Only event which has been rescheduled for 1st-2nd May at Birg and the Schilhorn (and which I would have been attending if I'd been allowed to leave the UK) will not in fact be "Telemark Only" as the Telemarkers are generously sharing the slopes with other snow users! Wink Madeye-Smiley https://telemark-only.com/en/Info/Welcome
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our extra week's skiing starts today. Only 2 lifts open (Eigernordwand and Wixi) but that’s really all we need. Very few people around, and conditions are lovely with a little fresh snow overnight.

Restaurants are allowed to use their terraces again.

The run back to Wengen is now closed from Allmend to the village.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another very good morning today, even fewer people than Monday, and great snow. This is the new Eiger Express gondola. Each cabin seats 24, but at the moment you get one to yourself.

Season ends here on Sunday. Across the valley, Mürren will have a few lifts running until 2nd of May.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@telford_mike, thanks so much for all the updates and pics.....have a great summer !!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Smokin Joe, cheers! You too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@telford_mike, lovely shots as always. Enjoy the summer. Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last day of skiing for us today, 2 more available for the die-hards. More lovely weather, and quite a bit busier than previously.

Chamois above Allmend, and now the surrounding snow has melted you can see how big the avalanches were in February.

So that’s it for another season. Weather and snow were very good, the lack of bars, restaurants and most of all international guests were not. Time to buy a summer pass and get the shorts and hiking boots out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@telford_mike Yes, thanks guys for keeping us posted with your life out in paradise. Hopefully will get back there next winter. Feel free to post your hiking photos and any interesting info as the summer progresses. When do the new trains arrive for the Grutsalp Murren line?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, really appreciate all the reports, thank you.

So glad that we were able to visit this year, sad that many people were not. We will surely be there at some point in the summer.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any photos of grey skies and rain would be much appreciated too. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DixieDean, new trains at Mürren 2023 I believe, but who knows? There's work going on on the line every day and night at the moment - we can see the floodlights clearly from here.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike wrote:
Last day of skiing for us today, 2 more available for the die-hards. More lovely weather, and quite a bit busier than previously.

Chamois above Allmend, and now the surrounding snow has melted you can see how big the avalanches were in February.

So that’s it for another season. Weather and snow were very good, the lack of bars, restaurants and most of all international guests were not. Time to buy a summer pass and get the shorts and hiking boots out.

Nice end to the season! Enjoy the Spring and Summer...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@telford_mike, thanks for the updates gave me something to look forwRD TO NEXT SEASON
snow conditions
Still plenty of skiing on offer this week in Murren, today was excellent on deserted slopes from the Schilthorn down to Murren
ski holidays
Its been lovely seeing the updates from Wengen this year, its the first year we have missed in 27 years going at Christmas. We have booked again for this Christmas and hope to see Wengen at last!
These posts have really cheered us up in the UK.
snow report
Another good morning in Murren not running the piste basher up to the Schilthorn now so will become quite bumped up
The good news is that Murren will remain open throughout May on the weekends according to the lift men today
Tremendous snow in tne Jungfrau and Northern Swiss Alps this season
latest report
Any good hotel recommendations for Murren? The missus is doing a 3 day leisurely eBike tour with some mates: Interlaken -> Murren -> Meiringen -> Interlaken. Also any Meiringen reccos for day 2?
snow conditions
@BobinCH, I like the Hotel Bellevue, the owner Othmar Suter is a friend of mine. The hotel has good food and a lovely open air terrace to the rear of the hotel where you can eat and take in great views at the same time. I've also stayed at the Hotel Alpenruh which is the closest hotel to the cable car that comes up from Stechelberg at the end of the Lauterbrunnen valley. Alternatively if you go to Mürren via the cable car from Lauterbrunnen up to Grütschalp and then the BLM train from there to Mürren then the Eiger guesthouse is directly opposite Mürren station when you arrive.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
@BobinCH, I like the Hotel Bellevue, the owner Othmar Suter is a friend of mine. The hotel has good food and a lovely open air terrace to the rear of the hotel where you can eat and take in great views at the same time. I've also stayed at the Hotel Alpenruh which is the closest hotel to the cable car that comes up from Stechelberg at the end of the Lauterbrunnen valley. Alternatively if you go to Mürren via the cable car from Lauterbrunnen up to Grütschalp and then the BLM train from there to Mürren then the Eiger guesthouse is directly opposite Mürren station when you arrive.

Perfect thanks! Bellevue looks great. And seems Chalet Schwarzwaldalp could be a good option on way down from grosse Scheidegg to Meiringen as they have eBike charging
snow report
@BobinCH, I'd echo the recommendation for the Bellevue in Mürren - excellent fish & chips! In Meiringen the Hotel Victoria by the railway station is really good. The hotel is nothing pretentious, but it has an absolutely outstanding restaurant.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
@BobinCH, I'd echo the recommendation for the Bellevue in Mürren - excellent fish & chips! In Meiringen the Hotel Victoria by the railway station is really good. The hotel is nothing pretentious, but it has an absolutely outstanding restaurant.

Excellent! Thank you. Schwarzwaldalp is full so Victoria sounds perfect.
snow report
Final question... is the road from Interlaken to Murren fine on a bike? I understand there is no car access but it’s a paved road right?
snow report
@BobinCH, Don't go the way shown on the map - it’s no good at all for a road bike. Rather, take the road up to Winteregg from Lauterbrunnen, which is tarmac. It's pretty steep from Lauterbrunnen up to Winteregg, then a mixture of gravel and tarmac into Mürren, but relatively flat. The climb to Winteregg is about 700 metres vertical.

Edited to add - there's always the alternative of cycling to the Schilthornbahn in the valley, and sticking the bikes on the cable car! Mürren isn’t really a great place to visit on a road bike.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
@BobinCH, Don't go the way shown on the map - it’s no good at all for a road bike. Rather, take the road up to Winteregg from Lauterbrunnen, which is tarmac. It's pretty steep from Lauterbrunnen up to Winteregg, then a mixture of gravel and tarmac into Mürren, but relatively flat. The climb to Winteregg is about 700 metres vertical.

Edited to add - there's always the alternative of cycling to the Schilthornbahn in the valley, and sticking the bikes on the cable car! Mürren isn’t really a great place to visit on a road bike.

Thanks for the tips. The girls will be on either Hardtail e-MTB’s or those City Cruiser type eBikes with fat tyres so a bit of gravel should be fine. I called the tourist office and they said the road is not paved but ok with wider tires. But sounds like they should stick to your route
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, @telford_mike, Bellevue was a big hit! Owners were lovely apparently and fed them (after my wife had booked a restaurant in Wengen by mistake Very Happy )
They loved the single track up to Murren a little bit less, especially as they hadn’t realized there was a walk mode on the eBikes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@BobinCH, glad to hear they liked the Bellevue! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can second that about the Hotel Bellevue was there last week,the sun terrace is amazing at the rear of the hotel with views to die for and the owner came out for a long chat . The Hotel is really good and recommended
snow report
Chicken in a basket wink
snow conditions
Mürren is the best !
latest report
Got back to Wengen yesterday afternoon after a few weeks in the U.K. There's been a lot of rain in the past few days, and there are even more waterfalls in the valley than usual.

It’s pretty cold too, with fresh snow above about 2500 metres. We're expecting more rain over the next few days.
latest report
I'm in Zinal trail running just now. Plan to be in Grindelwald for the weekend where I'm taking part in the Eiger 51 trail race - currently thunder, lightning and snow above 2200m here in Zinal...
snow report
@iainm, wow. The weather forecast is ok for the weekend, so hopefully the snow on the Faulhorn should have gone. Good luck!
snow conditions
There was certainly snow up there yday and more wet weather forecast tomorrow and Friday
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Got back to Wengen yesterday afternoon after a few weeks in the U.K. There's been a lot of rain in the past few days, and there are even more waterfalls in the valley than usual.

It’s pretty cold too, with fresh snow above about 2500 metres. We're expecting more rain over the next few days.

lovely picture Mike
latest report
Finally the weather has improved, and we can go hiking. It’s still pretty wet off the beaten track. Yesterday afternoon a landslide closed the railway below Wengen, but it was all cleared in time for the start of the timetable this morning.

snow report
A pump track has been installed on the ice rink. It's a roaring success - the kids love it.

Free of charge, it’ll be here for the remainder of the summer.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, a great summer attraction for Wengen! Smile As you know, it's down to the drive and determination of Steve who works at Central Sport that this has taken place (with precious little support from the Wengen Tourist Office apparently Sad ), plus some corporate and individual sponsors (amongst whom I know you and Val are included).
latest report
Why did Wengen tourism not help and support Steve in this venture, how silly !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy