Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Alastair Pink wrote:
@telford_mike, is there enough snow on Figeller now for it to be used?

Yes, they've made loads with the new fixed cannons.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jungfrau Tourism have made a short promotional video about the new Eiger Express which opens on 5th December: https://fb.watch/28M0ViiPDd/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
why include a lady, not just once e shot a few times. I'm not hear to see a lady i'm here to see the Eiger Express.....lol
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes wrote:
why include a lady, not just once e shot a few times. I'm not hear to see a lady i'm here to see the Eiger Express.....lol

Play on words? Jungfrau?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great day up the hill today. No skiing until Saturday, but we have snowshoes.

Cannons going like crazy on Wixi.

It's really cold, and the forecast for the weekend is very promising.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Grand opening of the Eiger Express tomorrow, and, more significantly perhaps, the opening of the ski area. It won’t be busy, and there'll just be a few lifts open at Scheidegg.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looked blowy today but should be much better with heavy snow for a couple of days
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fresh snow for the opening day of the season no lift queues enjoyable day
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a lot of snow overnight - 40cm according to the lift company. Went and had a look at the new Eiger Express lift today. The base station feels like an airport, with lots of shops, food outlets etc.

The gondolas seat 26. The weather’s awful today, so we had one to ourselves. The journey to Eigergletscher takes 15 minutes.

Top station. Huge, with a shop/cafe.

Pretty impressive, but for 500 million francs, you'd expect it to be.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@telford_mike, As you say, pretty impressive, as is the cost!! (Although to be fair the 500 million francs for the entire V-Bahn project does include the new quicker Grindelwald to Männlichen gondola cableway that replaces the old one built in 1978 that took over 30 minutes to reach Männlichen, and the new "Grindelwald Terminal" railway station). Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@telford_mike, As you say, pretty impressive, as is the cost!! (Although to be fair the 500 million francs for the entire V-Bahn project does include the new quicker Grindelwald to Männlichen gondola cableway that replaces the old one built in 1978 that took over 30 minutes to reach Männlichen, and the new "Grindelwald Terminal" railway station). Madeye-Smiley

Yes, and I think it also includes the new trains on the BOB and WAB lines.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Inferno 2021 cancelled due to Covid-19. Sad

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow shoeing up the Figeller this afternoon. The sun peeped out for about half an hour. It’s tough going even with snow shoes - without them it would be impossible. At least 60cm of snow down here in the village.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks beautiful!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@telford_mike, have dropped you a pm as am after some insider info wink
ski holidays
ajc2260626 wrote:
@telford_mike, have dropped you a pm as am after some insider info wink

You have mail Very Happy
snow report
Just replied Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Much better day today, we even had some sunshine. The Männlichen cable car is being tested ready for opening this coming weekend. There are 2 lifts running on the nursery slope now, so the kids are having lots of fun. More snow tonight, apparently.

snow report
that looks great, am assuming that is one of the magic carpets in the tunnel etc?
ski holidays
@ajc2260626, yes that's right, and there's another uncovered one running parallel to it.
snow report
It started snowing while we having dinner last night, and it’s still coming down now.

The village is very quiet, but skiing should be great tomorrow.
snow report
What`s the quarantine situation at the moment between Switzerland and Scotland (without me trawling through government websites). I`m still planning to come in February if i can, but if i have to quarantine for 2 weeks it`s not going to happen.
snow report
Think I need to get a new IT job in Zurich!
snow conditions
At last the snow has stopped and the sun has come out. A lovely day up at Scheidegg.

There's masses of snow, but nobody's taking any chances, and the cannons keep running.

It's one of the best starts to the season I can remember.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-12-20 15:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Deedee wrote:
What`s the quarantine situation at the moment between Switzerland and Scotland (without me trawling through government websites). I`m still planning to come in February if i can, but if i have to quarantine for 2 weeks it`s not going to happen.

We popped back to the U.K. (England) for a few weeks in October and had to quarantine. Scotland is stricter than England I think?
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
It's one of the best starts to the season I can remember.

You know how to rub it in to those of us in the UK currently in Tier 3 don't you! Seriously though, I'm only jealous, enjoy! snowHead
snow conditions
Pink sky this morning. Snow on the way?

The whole ski area will be open from tomorrow. It’ll be very interesting to see how busy we are.
snow report
Looks absolutely gorgeous!
Is there any sense of the impact of the new restrictions in the town - e.g. can restaurants in hotels (for guests) stay open beyond 7pm. Are the lifts going to be open on Sundays and bank holidays. What about pools in hotels?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ma94jcg, starting tomorrow, bars and restaurants have to close at 7. Sounds bad but means we can still have apres-ski at least. Lifts will be open 7 days a week. None of our hotels have opened yet (most will do so on the 18th) so no news about pools, though the Sunstar have been renovating theirs all autumn so they'll certainly be hoping it can open. Bars and restaurants in hotels can stay open late for their guests though.

These are the federal rules - i.e the nationwide ones set by the Federal Council. Cantons can override them subject to certain requirements. There is a thought that our canton (Bern) may be able to do this as our numbers are below the national average. This would mean that bars and restaurants could stay open until 11pm. No word yet on whether this might actually happen though.

Wengen certainly feels like a normal ski resort at the moment, but with no hotels open yet it’s a bit quiet in the evenings. It's Friday though, so we'll all be heading for the pub later.

ski holidays
Is there a limit on people in the pub?
Rocks and Tanne I guess cannot open?
Can they not serve on the street?
ski holidays
@castleford tiger, Rocks and Tanne currently closed, but they would not be open this early in the season anyway. Crystal, Eiger and Waldschluecht bars open at the moment. Space in bars is limited to provide social distancing between tables - it seems to be working well. Had a nice dinner at Sina's tonight.
snow conditions
Thanks nice to see a good snowfall so early.Getting flights is difficult and the Swiss franc is so strong we are getting close to parity!!
Keep up the info feed please
latest report
We were the last paying guests in the Sunstar ( MARC Osborne excluded) as it never opened in the summer!
latest report
@castleford tiger, will do! Great skiing here at the moment, we’re just waiting to see how busy it gets this weekend when the whole area opens. The village is certainly looking good.

ski holidays
Great pics! Keep 'em coming!
ski holidays
It snowed all afternoon today. Not very cold - temps around zero in the village. Mountain wasn’t busy.
snow conditions
Snowing again

latest report
Booked for this Christmas and staying in Grindlewald. As anyone purchased tickets online and then collected from a pick up point in resort. Staying at Hotel Central Wolder.
ski holidays
@cherylstubbs, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've never stayed in Grindelwald although I've skied there many times (I'm a Wengen regular). However it's quite common for people to pick up their pre-booked lift tickets from the lift ticket office, which in your case would be the Grindelwald First (that's the name of the ski area by the way) ticket office (situated at the gondola base station). I don't know where your hotel is located but if it's too far from the Grindelwald First gondola base station to walk then there are frequent ski busses from the bus station that pass Grindelwald First. Very Happy
snow report
cherylstubbs wrote:
Booked for this Christmas and staying in Grindlewald. As anyone purchased tickets online and then collected from a pick up point in resort. Staying at Hotel Central Wolder.

Railway station is likely to be the most convenient pickup point for you. It is about 100 metres from your hotel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy