Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike wrote:
Snowing big time. Fingers crossed.

Keep us updated Mike..........arrive Saturday
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smokin Joe wrote:

Keep us updated Mike..........arrive Saturday

Snowing hard this morning, temp in village minus 2C. Only a couple of lifts open at Scheidegg, Männlichen closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice build up on the Mürren side this morning. Snowing steadily but the wind strength may cause problems higher up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Managed to get a week off work so heading over for the last week in March. Hopefully a bit of snow left by then. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yay!

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks lovely again Mike, thanks for posting! Wish I could get over again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is there any talk of likely travel restrictions forthcoming for the area due to the Coronavirus. From previous visits I know that it is popular with visitors from Far East. I’ve researched FCO advice and nothing current for Switzerland. We are due in Grindelwald end of March and media coverage is starting to make me think a bit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18 wrote:
Is there any talk of likely travel restrictions forthcoming for the area due to the Coronavirus. From previous visits I know that it is popular with visitors from Far East. I’ve researched FCO advice and nothing current for Switzerland. We are due in Grindelwald end of March and media coverage is starting to make me think a bit.

Nothing from the Swiss authorities yet. The Chinese have stopped coming owing to their own travel restrictions - Interlaken is very quiet. Here's a shot of Interlaken Ost station last week. Normally it would be packed with visitors from the Far East.

We were in Grindelwald on Tuesday and it was eerily quiet. Some of the shops are already having sales - businesses are clearly suffering.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More snow today, and high winds at the top closed some of the lifts. No trains to Scheidegg either. Kids are happy to ski in the street.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good news....terrific powder morning over at Mürren. Schilthorn hadn't even opened.
Cautionary note however, a young guy near us stopped on some rocks tumbled 6 - 8 metres, he is still up there searching for his ski!!!!!
The cover off-piste is not huge!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, big storm last night, and as Roger says there's powder everywhere, but depths may look deceptive. Beautiful day.

@jirac18, You may have heard that the Swiss authorities have banned major public events like the Geneva motorshow, as well as football and hockey matches. This does not affect ski resorts.
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/coronavirus_switzerland-bans-events-with-more-than-1-000-people/45585378

In particular for our region, the Whitestyle Open at Mürren this weekend is definitely going ahead.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@telford_mike, thanks for the updates. As it stands we are still intending to travel. Cut off date for refunds on our accommodation is 15 March so I guess we’ll see how this all develops until then. Would be a great shame to cancel or be cancelled as seriously looking forward to our short break as a surprise for Mrs J’s birthday but ultimately everyone has to be pragmatic and safe as we can be.

I’ve sat in the sun in those deck chairs with a cold beer a few times, hope to do so again end of March! Looks nice out there at the moment.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best rail ticket deal from Geneva - Lauterebrunnen ??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Best rail ticket deal from Geneva - Lauterebrunnen ??

SuperSaver DayPass? https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/supersaver-tickets.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Alastair
snow report
There was quite a bit of snow last night, so this morning the pistes at Männlichen were really bumpy. Good fun but knackering.

Looks like we might get a few more snowy days this week.
ski holidays
Any indication of worries re Coronavirus inWengen. Due out there on the 11th for 10 days - can’t wait but a few in our party are worried about travelling.
latest report
@Baggiesfan, I was there for half-term, arrived on the 15th and mingled with more or less the same crowds for the whole week. It's now the 1st March and we haven't come down with anything so I reckon Wengen was safe at the time. I doubt anything has changed. I felt safer from contracting dodgy diseases there than I do back home that's for sure.

The above post represents the opinion of a certifiable SnowHead and should not be taken as guidance or advice with respect to any particular course of action in relation to known or unknown risks of travel.
snow conditions
Baggiesfan wrote:
Any indication of worries re Coronavirus inWengen. Due out there on the 11th for 10 days - can’t wait but a few in our party are worried about travelling.

Only one confirmed case in Canton Berne, which is in Bielle miles away. No worries basically.
snow conditions
Thanks for the replies re Coronavirus. Reassuring.
snow conditions
We had a decent snowfall overnight, about 20cm, so it was a nice surprise when the sun came out this morning. The skiing's great - everywhere. Kept expecting it to get busy, but it never did. This is Arven chair just before lunch.

Virus update. There are now 4 known cases in our Canton, including one guy who is in isolation in Interlaken. He had recently visited Milan.
https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/180203/
ski holidays
Ditto Mike, spent the day over at First skiing huge untracked powder fields, the area was ridiculously quiet. A very special day in Jungfrau region.
snow report
Another epic day. Very quiet and the snow's fantastic.

latest report
@telford_mike, Looks great! Nice to see snow on the trees again, always a good sign.
snow report
Tempted to drive to Lauterbrunnen and train up to Wengen tomorrow but looks like snow is coming in- woohoo!
latest report
The FIS Telemark World Cup races scheduled for Mürren on 14th to 16th March have been cancelled as a Coronavirus precaution. Sad
ski holidays
Has anyone any updates re danger of covid19 in Wengen, or come to that in Swiss trains ( Zurich - Wengen)?
latest report
@Baggiesfan, plenty of up to date info on www.thelocal.ch

I haven’t seen anything about trains yet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Baggiesfan wrote:
Has anyone any updates re danger of covid19 in Wengen, or come to that in Swiss trains ( Zurich - Wengen)?

No cases in Wengen or any of the other ski villages in the area. Trains - who knows? Depends who's on the train with you I guess. To avoid crowded trains you can look at the expected occupancy levels on sbb.ch, or travel 1st class.
snow report
Ok Thanks@telford_mike, and@Nadenoodlee, . All looks fine. Be there next week. ⛷⛷
ski holidays
Ok Thanks@telford_mike, and@Nadenoodlee, . All looks fine. Be there next week. ⛷⛷
ski holidays
Well we are now seriously considering cancelling our short trip to Grindelwald end of March. We can get full refund on car, ski and accommodation rental but not ski passes.
If anyone might want to buy 4 x adult passes for two days 30 & 31st March please let me know otherwise they’ll be in the bin as Jungfrau won’t refund and can’t claim on insurance.
snow conditions
@jirac18, Despite there being no cases in any of the ski villages, very few people seem to be travelling. This was Interlaken Ost station at about 2.30pm today. It should be really busy.

There have now been 34 cases confirmed in our Canton (population 1 million).

https://www.bernerzeitung.ch/coronavirus-im-kanton-bern-429171943512
ski holidays
@telford_mike, sadly I think the risk now outweighs the reward for us to travel. I think the likelihood of contracting the illness is small in resort but the actual transit via airports and trains is higher.
Most importantly to us the risk of being stranded or quarantined abroad is significant and with a teenage daughter being left back home just can’t run that risk as her sister won’t be able to stay home to care for her.
Pragmatism wins the day.
latest report
@jirac18, oh balls. I’d have taken the tickets a week earlier but I’m
Back to work on the 30/03 Shocked
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, take a couple of sickies....tell them you’ve got Coronavirus! Toofy Grin
latest report
Due to arrive on Wednesday and still coming. Will take precautions as much as we can.
ski holidays
Snowing steadily here in Wengen. Temp in village +1C.
snow conditions
Beautiful day, but only if you're at the very top of the Lauberhorn.

The fog came and went all morning. Temperatures are high, so snow is soft and sticky.
ski holidays
Warm again today, but also windy. The Männlichen cable car stopped at about 10, just after we'd got to the top. The people at the kiosk at Scheidegg have filled their ice cream freezer and put it outside the shop.

This afternoon a load of us had a barbecue alongside the piste at Wengernalp.

Summer's coming.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy