Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Lots going on in Wilders.

Direct connection from the motorway island to the industrial zone on the airfield.

570 metre tunnel from the motorway island under the village centre to the road towards Zweilüschinen (a by-pass basically).

New railway station alongside the airfield, with huge 'park and ride' car park. Even more capacity to get people up to the Joch.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/167898/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
telford_mike wrote:

That'd be good. I'll be interested to see what they do about access from the top of the Eigernordwand chair this winter. At the moment there's no way skiers could get anywhere useful with all the building work going on. Have a look: https://jungfrau.roundshot.co/eigergletschernordwand/

If I remember correctly from a couple of years ago the red run back down under that chair was one of the best in the resort?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buchanan101 wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

That'd be good. I'll be interested to see what they do about access from the top of the Eigernordwand chair this winter. At the moment there's no way skiers could get anywhere useful with all the building work going on. Have a look: https://jungfrau.roundshot.co/eigergletschernordwand/

If I remember correctly from a couple of years ago the red run back down under that chair was one of the best in the resort?

Agree, it's a great run.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at the Mannlichen web cam, there still seems a lot to do to get the new cableway ready for the start of the season. The main facilities seem to be in place but certainly at the top there seems to be walls to complete and lots of cladding to go on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DixieDean, which cam are you looking at?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Duh, yes, just looked at the date, 12th June. Having said that it is snowy and there's pretty much a pea-souper, but almost certainly the panoramic camera has been decommissioned whilst the work is ongoing! I've now found the live cam on the top of the lift down to Wengen and although some distance away it does look pretty complete.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DixieDean, it's pretty much complete, but it won’t be pretty when it opens in December. But it will open on the 14th, and we'll be up there for a ride! Männlichen restaurant has also had a makeover.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@telford_mike, Will "Easyjet" be running this winter and I presume The White Hare will be inaccessible?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skilegs wrote:
@telford_mike, Will "Easyjet" be running this winter and I presume The White Hare will be inaccessible?

EasyJet will be open apparently, but White Hare who knows? The Eiger Trail walk was only accessible via a big detour this summer, so White Hare might be a bit tricky to access.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chris Brookes, here's a (Swiss) video and article about Mürren and its history which you may not have seen before: https://www.srf.ch/radio-srf-musikwelle/dorfplatz/muerren-be-top-of-europe-mit-einem-hauch-007?ns_source=mobile&srg_sm_medium=fb
You'll notice that Mürren won the contest to host the Swiss broadcaster SRF's Musikwelle event in February 2020... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
.....and wet ( english) snow down to the villages this morning!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wengen Tourist Office has some photos of a snow covered Wengen today Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pic via Maennlichen.ch on Facebook.

Snow is right down to Lauterbrunnen. Skiing at Scheidegg next weekend maybe?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Waaa, wonderful!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
New restaurant Eigernordwand at Scheidegg. Coming along nicely, but open in time for Christmas??

latest report
Skiing at Kleine Scheidegg this weekend 16th/17th November. Lauberhorn and Wixi lifts open.
snow conditions
Skiing postponed because of wind damage?
snow report
Baggiesfan wrote:
Skiing postponed because of wind damage?

It's bad.

snow conditions
Wow
ski holidays
Video about the leader of the snowmaking team in Mürren. (If your Schweizer Deutsch is a bit weak make sure in the YouTube settings that you have English subtitles selected Toofy Grin )

http://youtube.com/v/q4WtAb4eGhM
ski holidays
Another violent föhn storm means no skiing this weekend. It has destroyed the Start bar on the Lauberhorn.

latest report
@telford_mike, Shocked Shocked

Is the nearby start hut itself damaged?
latest report
@Alastair, no info, but I'm sure it would have been reported if it was.
snow report
@telford_mike, I bet all the loose furnishings, rugs etc inside the Start Bar will have been blown clean away! Sad
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, Lots of work for Benny to get things running again before the race. Hard to see how they can get a crane up there to replace the roof until summer, but the Swiss are pretty resourceful!
ski holidays
Wengen (by the nursery slope) this afternoon.

latest report
Apparently the recorded windspeed on the Lauberhorn reached 221km/hr (137 mph)! Shocked

ski holidays
Start bar completely destroyed unbelievable
Must be damage everywhere
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jill t, more pics on the What’s on in Wengen Facebook group.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
@Jill t, more pics on the What’s on in Wengen Facebook group.

Ooh, thanks for that, I wasn't aware of that Facebook group. Smile
snow report
Repairs to Start Bar have already started as reported today with an update on the DHO website https://www.downhillonly.com/lauberhorn-start-bar/
snow conditions
Nice article in the JZ about the new Männlichen gondola. Looks like everything will be ready in time for the opening on 14th Dec.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/178119/

ski holidays
Somewhat miraculously, the Start bar is open. It's a beautiful day too, with Arven, Honegg, Lauberhorn and Wixi lifts open. Fresh snow everywhere.

latest report
@telford_mike, you have to hand it to the Swiss, their organisational skills are pretty top notch! Very Happy
snow conditions
@telford_mike, @Alastair Pink, you guys are clearly very knowledgeable when it comes to skiing the Jungfrau. I’ve skied there twice in February and once early March and absolutely love the area. I’ve got a few spare days and am considering a three night trip staying in Grindelwald from 31 March to 2 April so we’ll have two full days skiing. My plan would be one day grindelwald side the other Wengen side. My concern is how well the area usually holds up for snow and I recall last year that little fresh snow fell for a long period until fairly late in the season.
Would we on average expect it still to be good then, I know it’s hard to say as who knows what the weathers gonna do any given year but your best estimates would be good to know. Thanks in advance.
snow report
@jirac18, if the past few years are anything to go by you should be fine.

This was 2nd April this year at about 1800 metres (in Mürren) You can see there are a few bare patches off-piste, but the pistes were fine. Of course we got a massive dump a few days later.

snow report
First day of the season for the Mürren lower slopes today, so popped over to take a look. Winteregg, Maulerhubel and Almiboden lifts are open. Snow is mostly artificial, but coverage is good. Can ski back to Mürren from Allmendhubel, but not much point unless you want to get to Birg/Schilthorn. Very mild, +6C at Winteregg.

snow conditions
@telford_mike, thank you. I’ve booked us a couple of days based in Grindelwald I’m sure there’ll be enough piste to keep us happy. Fingers crossed for a great season.
snow conditions
Well over a foot of new snow at Scheidegg last night, and this morning the sun came out. Just Lauberhorn, Wixi and Arven lifts open, but very few people about. Wonderful powder day.

Cannons going full pelt on Honegg.

snow conditions
More snow last night, but the sun came out this morning. Very quiet up at Scheidegg. Figeler bar on the nursery slope is being prepared, looks like it might open this weekend.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy