Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
We thought about going upto Wengen this weekend to cool off but it doesn’t look like that’s the case at all!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
100 days until the new Männlichen gondola opens.

V-Bahn // New Männlichen Cable Car // 100 days to go ... from The Story Creatives
https://vimeo.com/357830911
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@telford_mike, Thanks for posting
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow on the peaks this morning above 2000 metres marathon will be slippy!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jill t wrote:
Snow on the peaks this morning above 2000 metres marathon will be slippy!!

I remember a couple of years back, it snowed during the marathon Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Temperature much lower now more snow on Sunday from 2000 metres up
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kandahar finally have a facebook page which if updated frequently with info and news on Mürren - https://www.facebook.com/thekandaharskiclub/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Installing the new underground pipe work for the snowmaking facilities on the Schiltgrat slopes for 2019/20 winter season
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On Facebook Wengen say they have just received the "Best European Resort" award in London, I presume that was at last night's SCGB Industry Awards 2019. https://www.facebook.com/wengen.swiss/?__tn__=%2CdkCH-R-R&eid=ARBMARqjBK38n74aOdZHchaxa_s2cRt9Px-77uKEvifHmETK3Xg5iO2otMpK9-ufed7dXMmml5X4r81Q&hc_ref=ARSU0WBFn2340ecDboYHmLIybW9gZSa6Gxt_DrDKdr-4rs1lOj6dc6XTdXzQoYWDwv0&fref=nf&hc_location=group

Chris Brookes, at least you have the reassurance that you go to ALMOST the best European resort..... Wink NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink wrote:
Chris Brookes, at least you have the reassurance that you go to ALMOST the best European resort..... Wink NehNeh

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would you do it?

https://www.facebook.com/thekandaharskiclub/videos/396238781039396/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Chris Brookes, definitely not, would you? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

And as someone commented in the Facebook discussion, we definitely both go to the best European ski valley...... Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 31-10-19 10:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm saying nothing. No, not a word Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone know if having spent all this money on the 2 new cable car systems whether anything is being done to improve the skiing experience when skiing down the last section of the red to Grund, i.e. avoiding the poling across the caravan site and down across the bridge to the lift stations?
snow conditions
Snowed down to the village (Mürren). We all know it will not last but lovely to see !!

snow conditions
Anyone know what kids under 6 pay to ski for 6 days in Jungfrau area?
snow report
DixieDean wrote:
Anyone know what kids under 6 pay to ski for 6 days in Jungfrau area?

Free. Take proof of age. Edited to clarify - they still need a pass, but there's no charge. We do get parents who think their kids can just rock up at the turnstile without one.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/fileadmin/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Price_list_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 5-10-19 11:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
DixieDean wrote:
Does anyone know if having spent all this money on the 2 new cable car systems whether anything is being done to improve the skiing experience when skiing down the last section of the red to Grund, i.e. avoiding the poling across the caravan site and down across the bridge to the lift stations?

Difficult to imagine what they could do to be honest, unless they build a huge ramp from Aspen down to the GGM. There is something on the plans called 'new ski bridge', but I don't know what this will actually be. If you're going to the station you can always use the blue run from Aspen though - no poling required.
latest report
Mike, I guess I was thinking of something along those lines, although it need not be that wide, maybe 3 or 4 metres, and only need be gentle, a slight slope would be sufficient to cross the meadow, although it is about 600 metres in a direct line from the bottom of the last slope. Just a grassy slope built on some deposited rocks and a new bridge would be good.

Also thanks for the info about kids. A grandchild might be making her first skiing runs this year!
latest report
DixieDean wrote:
A grandchild might be making her first skiing runs this year!

Shameless plug: http://www.altitude-grindelwald.com/

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
DixieDean wrote:

Are you working there?
latest report
Just looking at the webcam up on the Eigernordwand top station and it's looking quite snowy https://jungfrau.roundshot.com/eigergletschernordwand/
snow report
http://www.skiwengen.ch/en/group/ski-kids.htmlp
Great local ski school
ski holidays
DixieDean wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
DixieDean wrote:

Are you working there?

Mrs telford_mike works for them Toofy Grin
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
DixieDean wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
DixieDean wrote:

Are you working there?

Mrs telford_mike works for them Toofy Grin

Ah, excellent, sounds like a good plan. Sadly, due to the cost, my son and his family have decided to go to La Plagne in France where Crystal provide very cheap nursery facilities for their younger child. However Mrs Dean and I will still be coming. She can only walk rather than ski these days (bad back) and particularly loves the pisted winter walks all around the Jungfrau region. Hopefully there will be another skier I can hook up with for the week.
snow conditions
New Schilthornbahn cable cars project looking to get initial approval from the local council next month. There are a few remaining objections but this is not unusual at this stage.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/177113/ (In German)

ski holidays
Regarding my wondering whether anything would be done to improve the access from the bottom of final slope on piste 3 across the meadow to the new V Bahn and Mannlichen terminal station, I have had a reply from a Marco Luggen, Manager, Wintersports, Jungfrau, in which he states that they are examining such a proposal and are in negotiation with the land owner. So, there is a possibility of a real improvement to that piste.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heading back to Wengen / Murren in February, havent been for a few years.
snow report
DixieDean wrote:
Regarding my wondering whether anything would be done to improve the access from the bottom of final slope on piste 3 across the meadow to the new V Bahn and Mannlichen terminal station, I have had a reply from a Marco Luggen, Manager, Wintersports, Jungfrau, in which he states that they are examining such a proposal and are in negotiation with the land owner. So, there is a possibility of a real improvement to that piste.

That'd be good. I'll be interested to see what they do about access from the top of the Eigernordwand chair this winter. At the moment there's no way skiers could get anywhere useful with all the building work going on. Have a look: https://jungfrau.roundshot.co/eigergletschernordwand/
snow conditions
Yeah I was wondering the same thing @telford_mike, I hope we don't lose access to that chair this coming season
snow conditions
@Smokin Joe, Shiny new gondola aside I suspect you'll find it mostly unchanged. Amazing scenery, eye watering prices (if you're English) and there's still a flipping hill between KS & the Lauberhorn chair. Hope you have an excellent time
ski holidays
Last season most of that stuff was present at Eigernordwand. We managed to get past it OK. Be interesting to see how much more time it takes from getting off the V bahn to getting your skis back on again and how much walking you will have to do carrying your skis.
snow conditions
@telford_mike, Do you happen to know if the bars in the village (Rocks, Tanne) are still cash only, as they were last season? Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
@grumpygargoyle, Yes, Rocks and Tanne are cash only, Crystal too. I think the Pickel takes cards.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, Thanks!
latest report
I'm guessing that the bridge on the right is the new ski bridge to get to the bottom station at Grund https://jungfrau.roundshot.com/luetschine/
ski holidays
No trains from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen until 7th December. Replacement bus service operating. This is due to work on the Wilderswil tunnel. Passengers to Grindelwald get off the bus at Zweilütschinen and get on a train.
snow report
Wilderswil Tunnel ? It's flat there, what on earth are they doing that means adding a tunnel ? Or are they actually doing something in the valley between Wilderswil and Zweilutschinen maybe to protect from rockfall/avalanches ?
latest report
Wilderswil Tunnel.... there is a roadworks scheme in the planning stage to take traffic away from Wilderswil.
I can only deduce that the project is moving from planning to construction phase. Regarding the tunnel, your guess is as good as mine where it may be built. We must remember that the Swiss do love a tunnel here and there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy