Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Nice day over at Mürren. Lots of racers with 210cm Super-G planks zooming about. Snow is generally good - Schiltgrat a bit slick towards the bottom, but no real problem. No queues, but best to avoid the pistes where the Inferno racers are practicing - they seem to ski in groups of 2 or 3, racing against each other! Run down to Lauterbrunnen is open, and probably the best it’s been for years.

Weather is pretty cold at the moment, but the skiing's great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Potentially looking for a 4 day trip first week of April flying into Basel.

How is the snow usually in early April and any recommendations for where to stay?

We are both reasonable skiers, happily ski any piste, enjoy moguls and challenging blacks and would hire a guide if conditions warranted it.

We've been to lots of resorts, but never sked this area. Not into huge apres but would like a few bars/restaurants to eat out at night and walk around a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last season was pretty good in April - this was taken on the 6th.

That's at about 1600 metres on the way to Brandegg.

Where to stay is a good question. Most handy for the lifts are the hotels in town - Victoria Lauberhorn, Silberhorn, Sunstar, Bernerhof, Caprice, Schönegg. Lots of self catering apartments on AirBnB too. Wengen has half a dozen bars and plenty of restaurants.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In April i would head for the higher village, Murren.

Looking at #Murrenlover twitter feed last year the snow levels on April 13th was 90cm in the village and 420cm at the top.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hell, that was one cold day! We put skins on at the Wetterhorn car park and eased on up the road. In 15years of touring I think that was the coldest condition I remember.
We didn't make it to Grosse Sch' hotel at the top, as we felt the light was going to deteriorate.
The plus side to cold temperatures is snow in fantastic shape. One week old...... we skied down in good powder!!!
(Snow is 1 week old)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As Roger mentioned yesterday, it’s a bit cold here at the moment. Minus 11 in the village this morning, and minus God-knows-what up at Männlichen. Nice sunny day though, and it was actually quite busy early on.

Conditions are still very good on-piste.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Much warmer today - it’s like spring. As usual on a Saturday it’s busy. Gummi Nord has been prepared and is open.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm missing the slopes me thinks .....lol

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes wrote:
I'm missing the slopes me thinks .....lol

Lol, Inferno on a bench snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blue slope - @Chris Brookes,
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had about a foot of fresh snow in the village last night, so the snow's great today. Absolutely freezing at Scheidegg with deserted pistes. There was a big avalanche below Allmend this afternoon, don’t know whether it caused any damage yet.

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had another 10cm or so of snow last night. Popped over to Mürren. Very few people around and nice conditions.

Breaking news: Fish & chips is back on the lunch menu at the Bellevue. Very nice too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike, Bellevue in Murren ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris Brookes, yup
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Superbe, how much?
ski holidays
Great pic as always Mike, looks like a view down Winteregg.
We did the run around to First, absolutely fantastic conditions!
snow report
@Chris Brookes, CHF21.50 from memory - bargain!

@Rogerdodger, Correct!
snow report
bargain in Switzerland.....lol
snow report
Bargain in Switzerland..... case of 24 beers from Denner 11.7chf its good as well!
snow report
Männlichen very nice today. Clouds beginning to appear over the mountains to the south - föhn coming?

latest report
@telford_mike, You are so right. manlichen was wonderful today. Skiing across to Kliene also. Run to Brandegg was empty and colder!
Beautiful conditions but tomorrow looks like snow. But it’s great to be here again⛷⛷
snow report
@Baggiesfan, there's a band called Uptown Lights playing in Rocks from 7pm tonight - recommended!
ski holidays
Had a great week, snow was wonderful, although on a couple of days the light made things a bit difficult; but managed to fit in at least six hours skiing each day! Looking forward to the new Grund-Mannlichen lift opening new year.
latest report
We had another big snowfall Saturday night into Sunday, but today the weather was perfect. Lots of accessible powder.

Pistes are fun with lots of chopped up soft snow.
snow conditions
Once again great pic Mike. We (at least two snowheads) skied a few "face - shot" lines over at First.
We didn't have to leap off Oberjoch cliffs either.
I am filled with much sadness reading of people losing their lives when its all about living, grinning and a beer to say great day!
latest report
Rogerdodger wrote:

I am filled with much sadness reading of people losing their lives when its all about living, grinning and a beer to say great day!

Indeed. Ours is a dangerous sport, and the mountains are a dangerous place. You’re right about that beer though.
ski holidays
The weather’s still beautiful. Can recommend this little hut on the blue piste that leads from Aspen down to Grund. Just simple stuff like chäsbratel etc, but inexpensive and really cosy.

snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Popped over to Mürren.

Breaking news: Fish & chips is back on the lunch menu at the Bellevue. Very nice too.

Following your piece of breaking news as I visited Mürren yesterday I had to try the fish and chips. Agree it was very tasty (fish was actually Perch, and served with tartare sauce, nom nom). Here's a photo.....

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, great choice! It’s one of my favourite lunches in the area.
snow report
@Alastair Pink, is this a photo of you on the Ski Club GB Facebook page?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SCGBWengen/permalink/2114887281892661/
snow report
@sugarmoma666, yes that was me and no my arm was not in a cast, that was just Martin's little joke. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
We had another good snowfall last night. Bright and quite mild this morning. The cross country track at Lauterbrunnen is open and was very popular today, and I don’t think I've ever seen so much snow in the valley.

ski holidays
Another dump forecast for Monday but after that a couple of cold days but then unbroken sun for a full week by the looks and temps upto double figs .. eek.
snow report
Loads of snow last night after yesterday’s föhn. Those guys with shovels are going to need to put a shift in.

latest report
Great snow and sunshine today after a snowy few days. It wasn’t even too busy. Anyone coming for the U.K. half-term holidays this weekend is going to have a great week.

Very nice to bump into @Rogerdodger in the Sunstar last night snowHead
snow report
That’ll be me then. Arrive Valentine’s Day.
weather forecast is looking a bit too warm ! Confused
ski holidays
Thank you Mike nice to say hello to your good self.
Today was spring, we skinned up to Faulhorn and had a super ski down to Busalp. The top was nicely settled powder lower down was quite sticky! Sunshine and relatively warm.
snow report
gamer2471 wrote:
That’ll be me then. Arrive Valentine’s Day.
weather forecast is looking a bit too warm ! Confused

Don’t worry about a thing. There’s so much snow it doesn’t matter. You’ll have a great time.
ski holidays
Would endorse every word from @telford_mike conditions are quite fabulous. Enjoy super pistes and glorious scenery!
ski holidays
Uptown Lights playing in Rocks bar tonight - highly recommended. Another cracking day today. Popular pistes (this is Arven) are busy, but the snow is sublime.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy