Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
@telford_mike, Mike looking at the DHO webcam it looks like it is it now raining...is it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im sure the temp will drop again later on Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you @telford_mike,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowing bigtime - https://hoteledelweiss.roundshot.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The rain finally turned to snow at breakfast time this morning, and it continues on and off. No lifts open anywhere in the area owing to high winds at altitude. At least the village is looking like a ski resort now, and there's enough snow for the kids to go tobogganing on the nursery slope.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I may have a stupid question and I’m waiting for the hotel to tell me @telford_mike, is it possible to book parking at Lauterbrunnen for two nights only?

Glad to see there’s a bit there - we will just be on the nursery slopes with the midget most likely
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No @Nadenoodlee, at least 5 days in the winter
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Train it is then @Chris Brookes, thank you
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Nadenoodlee, Central Sport just posted this photo of the centre of the village, so it looks like the "midget" will have enough snow there to play about on skis or sledge. Hope you all have a great time! Smile

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow forecast on and off until at least Friday. Temps expected to rise slightly Saturday so might be rain at resort level but over next 10 days a potential 50-70sm's of white stuff should fall on the upper slopes. Currently hovering around freezing in Wengen itself
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome @Alastair Pink, he was in his skis and helmet practicing going backwards and forward on the rug yesterday! Any snow will be an upgrade. We’re staying at the Victoria-Lauberhorn so not too much walking for midget, he’s only 2 and a quarter, and has his mother’s temperament... Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow continued all last night and most of today - it’s just tailing off now. We've seen all sorts of unpleasant weather today - rain and a hailstorm down in Interlaken while we were shopping, sleet in Lauterbrunnen and fog and snow here in Wengen. Arven and Lauberhorn lifts were open up at Scheidegg, and across the valley Winteregg, Almiboden and Maulerhubel were operating. I can see the Winteregg piste quite clearly from our place and I didn’t see a single person skiing. Temp in the village 0C.
Giggly girls in the snow on the way home from the pub last night.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Awesome @Alastair Pink, he was in his skis and helmet practicing going backwards and forward on the rug yesterday! Any snow will be an upgrade. We’re staying at the Victoria-Lauberhorn so not too much walking for midget, he’s only 2 and a quarter, and has his mother’s temperament... Very Happy

Well the Victoria-Lauberhorn has a very nice indoor pool/spa complex, so he'll also be able to have fun splashing about in the water with you. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was hoping I could stay in there and he could keep busy with Daddy in the playroom/ sledging @Alastair Pink, oh for some peace and quiet in a spa Very Happy
ski holidays
Another good snowfall last night. Had a good blast around Scheidegg with a few mates while Val was doing staff training with her ski school buddies. Lots of new snow and very few people around.

And by lunchtime there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.

Pretty chilly at altitude, temp in the village this afternoon 0C.
snow report
Glorious @telford_mike, the weather prediction seems to have changed to sunny and freezing cold - perfect!
snow report
Looking good in Murren, 55cm in the village and 110cm at 2360m.

Clearing the snow of the Grutschalp - Murren train line - https://twitter.com/i/status/1072398369786654720
snow report
Minus 10 at breakfast time Shocked We'd planned to go to Mürren today, but the Winteregg / Allmendhubel sector was closed - I'm guessing that this is to allow the new snow cannons to run 24/7 now the temps have dropped enough. Couldn’t be bothered schlepping up to Birg, so popped up to Scheidegg again. There were a few more skiers than yesterday, but it was still pretty quiet.

Cannons are running non-stop. View up Honegg.

Very cold on the Lauberhorn, and it looks like another cold night in Wengen with temp at -2C at 4pm.
snow conditions
Männlichen opened this morning. Absolutely glorious weather. Skiing pretty good for mid-December too - fast, firm pistes and lots of fluffy stuff in between.

It's still cold - minus 9 this morning. There are a couple of hotels open now but it’s still very quiet.
ski holidays
More snow for tonight and tomorrow too!
ski holidays
How bloody lovely was today!! Fabulous day up at Mannlichen - looking forward to freshies tomorrow
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, Hope you all have a great time in Wengen! snowHead
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, pictures?
latest report
Of my husband eating fondue or the midget on skis -take your pick @Chris Brookes, Very Happy

Also you can park for less than 5 days - you just can’t book. So we had a super easy trip and the hotel was fab. Midget loves the pool as did I! Wengen ticked all the boxes and we will be back this season
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, correct - you just can't book online which is must in most cases as that car park gets packed
Pictures - Wengen and the views...lol

Glad you had a good time
ski holidays
Lovely day today, with very few people about. Preparing the enlarged nursery slope at Männlichen alongside the new lift.

snow conditions
Started snowing just before 5, looks like a good one.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last nights snow didn't last very long but has helped whiten the village

Weird forecasts at the moment, theres certainly warmer weather coming but just how warm seems to depend on who is doing the forecasting

Depending on how high the temp rises and which forecast is correct tomorrow will either see about 20-50mm of rain or 20-50cm of snow I think I'm going to hedge my bets and say that the upper slopes will probably get the snow and that it may well rain in the villages, but for once I really don't know as there is about 8 degrees C difference between hottest and coldest forecast which is very odd, looks like someones computer model is out
ski holidays
Nice morning up at Männlichen, the new snow we got yesterday has really freshened up the pistes. The new lift on the nursery area opened for the first time today - it's really good. As well as doubling the size of the nursery slope it has established an easy link from the top of Läger back up to Männlichen.

Temperatures are rising. It was -1C when we went up this morning and +7C when we came down for lunch.
ski holidays
Rain forecasted for tomorrow night Sad Sad
snow report
Yay!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/swiss-citizens-rights-agreement

And again, yay! I'm off for a few beers Very Happy
snow conditions
4 days of rain, and since yesterday it's been absolutely glorious. It’s cold enough for snowmaking at night so the pistes are fine all the way back to the village. Innerwengen chair opened for the first time today, so you can get down to Mary’s cafe via the Hannegschuss.

snow conditions
Murren is looking not bad at all with 35cm in the village and over 160cm higher up.

snow report
Arrived for a week in Grindelwald tonight, staying near the station. If you were to taking a "mainly blues" skier for a leg-loosener where would you head to? Would First be safe enough as a starting point?
latest report
Yes, from First you can get the Oberjoch chair and ski the 'tempo 30' (nice slow 20 mph piste) back to the top of the gondola. The whole First area is very laid-back and relaxed.
snow report
@telford_mike, thanks for the advice.
snow report
And my next question...
looks like there are a couple of alternatives but what is the best route to Murren from Grindelwald station?
latest report
by train to Zweilütschinen then change to Lauterbrunnen....1h09m
snow conditions
Valluga wrote:
And my next question...
looks like there are a couple of alternatives but what is the best route to Murren from Grindelwald station?

If you go to Mürren be sure to jump off the train at Winteregg. Get the lift up, then ski the lovely Winteregg piste back down to the restaurant, then get the same lift back up and ski Maulerhubel and get the lift up to Allmendhubel before skiing down to Mürren and then you have options up to Birg / Schilthorn (all steep) etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy