Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
The advertising bar on right hand side of screen is very annoying as is has cut off D G Orf's last post on my screen. Is it my screen setting?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guessing it's a combination of the advertising + the large pictures.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah it is annoying on my screen too......thought it was cos I'm on an iPad??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aahhh, if you look at the very top left side of the advert there is a little " minus" sign, click on that and it disappears! Sorted!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowed all day again, light this morning and a bit heavier this afternoon. Only 1 lift open at Mannlichen and 1 at Scheidegg. We decided this was probably a recipe for queues, so we went to Murren, which was deserted. Poor vizibility plus zero local knowledge meant that we ended up in a few unexpected places, but the snow was great.

Stopped at Sonnenberg for coffee. We were the only customers.

Back at home we have a problem developing. Every time Val clears the steps, the pile of snow by our front door gets a bit bigger. If it snows any more we won't be able to get out Shocked

It turned out that Scheidegg was very quiet - I suppose the prospect of spending the day going up & down Arven wasn't very appealing!

Temp -1C, more snow forecast tonight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike, you might want to drop some of that snow over the road and into the field, whilst you still have the chance to do so wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, That's the problem - no way to get rid of it unless we carry it 1 shovelful at a time up the steps, all the way round the back of the apartments and over the road to the field!

I suppose I could carry it through the apartment and chuck it off the balcony Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike, let it freeze ,then cut it into blocks, much easier than one shovel full at a time
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowed all day up at Scheidegg, very heavy stuff too. Mixture of rain & snow in Wengen where the temp got up to +2C this afternoon.

Enormous amounts of snow at Scheidegg now:

The really good news is that the valley runs to Brandegg and Wengen both opened at lunchtime, as did the Lauberhorn chair, though the weather ensured that there weren't many takers for that one.

Better weather is forecast for tomorrow.

Temp +1C.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, you should have colder weather Christmas day, similar weather tomorrow to what you are having today, Monday to Wednesday next week looks like bright warmer weather followed by a distinct change to colder weather for Thursday onwards until at least New Years day, long range forecast beyond then suggest possible further snow or maybe rain at lower levels
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yay!

Lovely day. No trains to Scheidegg (avalanche) so everyone up to Mannlichen.

Nice snow - chopped-up powder on piste and still plenty of places to make new tracks elsewhere.

Temp: t-shirt weather!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a lovely day to go skiing !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snow looks great!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cold and fairly horrible day today. The snow eased off a bit around lunchtime but other than that it's been chucking it down for most of the day. Lifts at Mannlichen closed owing to high winds.

View to our humble lodgings.

Temp -3C, snowing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike, told you it was going to snow today Little Angel
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
telford_mike, told you it was going to snow today Little Angel

And indeed it certainly did snow! Now given that the snowdance has been proved a valid method for controlling the weather around here, any chance of a 'sundance' for the next couple of days please? snowHead
latest report
Hmmm well seeing as you ask so nicely, I'll see what I can do, tomorrow may be a bit cloudy from time to time but hopefully you should have a few really sunny days after that Little Angel
snow report
D G Orf, Thanks for all the excellent reporting and hope you have a very Happy Christmas. Great to be back in Wengen and in view of the poor visibility today I am wondering what the record for trips to Brandegg stands at?!
snow conditions
skilegs, I don't know but I once managed 27 visits out of 30 days Embarassed I also once managed a (what I thought was) respectable 11.5 mins from the top of Wixi to Brandegg restaurant (at the cash desk) Cool
ski holidays
Happy Christmas to everyone snowHead
latest report
Lovely day today, properly cold and sunny - just how it should be.

Scheidegg in a shaft of sunshine.

Popped down to Brandegg for lunch (David's time was not under threat!). Snow fantastic everywhere, and all lifts open. It was quiet for Christmas Day, I think a lot of tourists have stayed away this season.

Merry Christmas!

beanie1, we'll be in the Sunstar bar after dinner Very Happy
snow report
What an awesome awesome day!!

Snow perfect, weather perfect, no queues. Perfect Christmas day.

Oh - and fresh tracks most of the day! Whoop! (With my local friends who know where to go though, as avalanche danger still quite high)

telford_mike, don't think I'll be out and about tonight, as am somewhat jet lagged!
latest report
D G Orf, Forecast please for the weekend as have friends coming out who have never been here before. Did a few turns for you today - resort filling up too fast.
ski holidays
Forecast is as follows, next couple of days should be warm and sunny as per today, Thursday there should be a significant cooling in the weather and I think snow showers rather than heavy snow, friday should bring a further 10cm of snow maybe a little more, Saturday is a 50/50 rain or snow day, might be either, if it falls as snow I'd anticipate perhaps 30cm or there abouts, depending on wind speed Sunday may be clear with further moderate rain/snow on Monday or it might arrive Sunday, after that it should cool down again, with possible further snow mid week
snow report
We are going to Wengen much later this year - end of March. (nunber 1 son's partner is a teacher!)
Is there any chance of decent snow as late as this?? Waiting optimistically.
snowHead
snow report
Brian T, We go every year at the end of the season - it's the nicest time to go IMO. OK there might not be new snow every morning like we had over Christmas this year, but you get long days, quiet slopes and pleasant weather (mostly!). See you in March!
latest report
Brian T, nice to see you again in this thread !!

End of March...think you will need to visit Mürren again for some decent skiing/snow that time of year Laughing
latest report
Thanks. We need to go then so will make the best of whatever conditions we find. Really tempted to sneak in a short break
at the end of January...... snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the sound against my window, i think it's raining in Wengen this morning. Sad
ski holidays
I was wrong - not raining, but snowing v heavily with wind pounding snow against the window! Skiing will be interesting today...
snow report
Posted my last entry in wrong title!
Just to say I won't be able to visit Good Old Wengen this year---too busy with work!! Bit of a b----- as the snow is certainly coming down looking at the cams. Like the new cam from top of Central sports !
I won't miss out completely this year as strapping the Stocklis on in Risoul in February.

Do I hear that there is a new Wixi replacement lift this year? I remember the first year the Wixi lift was built !!! God that was a while ago.

Always used to finish off skiing from the Lauberhorn around the shoulder to Wengerenalp before the wixi.

Give my regards to the slopes

Happy New Year to all

Regards
Holly.
latest report
Holly, no replacement for Wixi this year think it comes next year
snow conditions
Aha-Will def be there next year so new Wixi lift and hopefully good snow.

Sitting in the office bored out of my mind!!! Damp Exeter.
ski holidays
Holly, I know the feeling damp New Forest here Sad
latest report
Snowed all day with high winds, poor visibility and top lifts closed plus trains running very slowly. Possibility of rain tomorrow which would be tragic as the new snow is light and incredibly inviting. -4 in the village at 16.30 and still snowing.
snow conditions
High winds meant trains and no lifts open until 11:30am today. Opened Innerwengen, Arven and Tschuggen to start with, then Honegg, Wixi and Lauberhorn after lunch. Then mid-afternoon the trains were stopped again.

Wasn't the most pleasant skiing conditions, although the snow was lovely - run down to Innerwengen out of the wind was great.

The Wixi lift should have been replaced for this season, but due to a disagreement with an environmental group it won't happen until next year now.

Holly, are you talking about the first or second lift you remember being built? The old slam doors with the blankets over the legs?!
snow report
beanie1, I'm guessing first lift as she's been going to Wengen longer than I have and I remember the old ski lift with the covers over the legs, once had a ski pole get caught in one of the old Wixi chairs and had to ski rest of morning with only one pole, skied down after lunch and recovered pole at bottom of Wixi and got an extra run in Laughing

Mind you when my father started skiing there you had to walk over from Kleine Scheideg to Mannlichen as there were no lifts/cablecars there all off piste they were much fitter skiers in those days I think Shocked
ski holidays
Has anyone been to murren the last couple of days? Just wondered whether it's skiable down to Lauterbrunnen at the moment? Have been 7 times now and only been able to ski down one year! Would be lovely to do it when we are there next week so fingers crossed.
snow report
Seems to be raining in Wengen this morning as I look out the window Sad Had a few inches of snow overnight though.
snow conditions
May be rain in Wengen but looks like big flakes of snow at Kl Scheidegg
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy