Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommendations for intermediate ski instruction in Mayrhofen please?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for ski schools in Mayrhofen? I am heading there for Christmas (relieved to see signs of snow at last1) and want to get some lessons to improve my technique. I used ski school to learn a few years ago, then for past couple of years have taken a morning of private lesson which I found gave most improvement quickest. I am not adverse to doing 2 or 3 days of ski school in a group but may opt for the private instruction (possibly 2 of us if I can persuade my husband to join me)

Haven't been to Mayrhofen before! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
purplegirl, SMT are really good ski school across all levels. Based a few doors down form the Main Penkind Gondola.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
I used the Mount Everest School last March and found it excellent. I had some private lessons which really helped. Due back in Mayrhofen this weekend to practice those turns!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very easy... anything apart from Die Roten Profis (you will run far too high a chance of having an under/un qualified apres ski instructor taking you out). the other three are fine, everest all speak fluent (or are) english and concentrate on private lessons, SMT are the biggest school for groups this is great but not important for privates and 3000 are mostly regarded by the locals as being the most consistently good school on the mountain. Have worked for the last 2 there and can happily vouch for their instructors...

That said if you want to jump over the hill to fankhauser school at horberg I can take you out and show you a few bits and pieces.

Matt
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
purplegirl, try pm'ing the doc as well , he's an instuctor in the Hof.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
www.zillerthriller.com ski with Roy quite a bit and he's allways got happy clients! Couldn't recomend enough! Drop me a PM if you've got any q's aswell as I'm here all season, PJ
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the doc is an instructor here? who are you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for the tips and advice - we arrive late on 23rd Dec - so probably will look into the private lessons for the Monday or Tuesday - I like to remind myself what it is all about first before I search out an instructor!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try ski school 3000 and seek out Dan Gillespie http://www.petesilvergillespie.com/dan-gillespie/4551654325
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for your note Gilleski - i'm not really a freestyle sort of person though - I need instructions to improve my turning competency and my confidence!! Cheers!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
haha, dan is a really good instructor, he's also not as "steezy" as those pictures make out. He knows his stuff and is a solid skier (when he's not whining about his knees). plus dispite coming from Hemel he also speaks english. I honestly think the 3000 team is the strongest in resort, there are maybe one or two who i don't rate but they don't teach privates, so you're safe
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
'steezy' -now there's a new word of the day for me. okay will check out the 3000 ski school though Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
purplegirl, If you want STEEZE, you better seek out his old man................... Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
purplegirl, If you want STEEZE, you better seek out his old man................... Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
STEEZE - ?????????? Puzzled
snow conditions
Quote:

the doc is an instructor here? who are you?

I'm a BASI 2, qualified about 8 or so years ago but I don't work as an instructor in Mayrhofen, I just ski there all season. Another vote for Dan, friend of mine and a damn good instructor!
snow conditions
the_doc wrote:
www.zillerthriller.com ski with Roy quite a bit and he's allways got happy clients! Couldn't recomend enough! Drop me a PM if you've got any q's aswell as I'm here all season, PJ

Gilleski put me on to Roy a few years ago now (beginning of the 08/09 season for my second week skiing.. ever Shocked) and I've had lessons with him three times since. He's done an awfy good job every time I have been with him. Happy client Happy
snow report
Just wanted to let alll the snowheads know that my husband and I spent a great couple of days under Roy's brilliant tuition. So thanks for all those who recommended him. He was an excellent teacher with great local knowledge and he had me skiing runs I never thought I could do Very Happy www.zillerthriller.com
ski holidays
Another vote for Roy!

We've just spent a week with him and it was excellent. Very patient and excellent teacher. He also had me skiing runs I never thought I would.

Brilliant local knowledge, especially when it came to food recommendations!

We will be back next year Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy