Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria 7th April vs France 7th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now then people,

As always thanks for taking the time to read,

Can only do 7th April onwards this year. My preference is always austria as we have a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old with us and i like the austrian ski schools. Reckon i can do flights, cars and accom (SC) for about £400 each (Party of 5adults, 2 children, baby).

Basically i would like to book the flights as they are pretty good for us atm.

Was going to book Soelden, but i have a small snag. My friend who has a non skiing wife and one year old little boy are looking to join us. Now if she's not skiing are we better off in one of the high resorts in France... where i am not so keen on the ski schools. Probably would go alpe d'huez around the bergers area, maybe with a view to changing to serre che if conditions are still good.

Hmmmm - anyways local knowledge and thoughts would be very welcome, never really gone wrong by checking on here so over to you guys.

Ta very muchly,

M
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A resort like Kitzbuhel in Austria would be great because thres plenty to do for non skiers, not sure about snow that late in the season though. Maybe Courchevel for a safe bet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mattmulkeen, last year I was skiing fresh snow in Stuben as others in "higher resorts" in France were skiing much, much worse conditions....

The same could happen this year, it could be the opposite! Personally an Austrian village would seem better to me than a high altitude French area for a non skier and kiddie! Especially if they have a car, they can get to Innsbruck etc for day trips....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My suggestion would be for Bourg st Maurice: high alitude skiing (over 3000m) low real town with nice swimming pool, pleasant walks along the river banks or cycling, mountain biking (it feals really odd in the funicular in April sharing it with VTTs) and rafting etc down the Isere for the non skiers (though I am not sure when the rafting centres open). If anyone fancies a day site seeing then Chambery is only a train ride away

John
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Joshua28,

Bit too low for april for me i think, though thanks.

kitenski,

Stuben - where did you find accom? Sounds like a possibility.

johnE,

I struggle to make ski school start times when i'm somewhere close to the action Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mattmulkeen, It's a hotel, our quote for this year is approx Euro 2500 for 2 adults, 2 kids and includes 7 days half board, 2 adult lift passes, kids club etc. We've driven the past 2 years on the trot, Tesco vouchers for a Chunnel crossing..... the past 2 years were about Eur 500 cheaper as our school holidays didn't coincide with peak Easter times. If this sounds interesting I'll send you more info!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski,

tis a good deal. how long does that drive take you from Leeds, leeds, leeds?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mattmulkeen, what we do (timings from memory)...

on way out leave 6amish Friday, tunnel around 11amish, then 4/5 hours on the other side for an overnight stop, quick pizza/beer then bed.

Up the next day and 4 more hours and we are there (unless they shut the road like they did last year and got caught in mad traffic jam for 3 hours!!!)

On the way home I think we leave Stuben around 5:30am local time, get back to Leeds about 9pmish same day..... Some others manage to shave an hour or so off that with less stops, one guy from the group was back in Leeds by 5pm, and tucking into a curry by 6pm!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year there wasn't much snow left in the Alps at the start of April, only slush.
Blame it on La Nina the ocean current in the pacific that affects global weather especially Australia.
La Nina is rampant again down here The snow conditions could be similar again this year so whereever you go. GO HIGH
You would want a resort at 1850m or above like Val Thorens or Val D'Isere in France but there is not much to do if you don't ski.

Last year La Nina delivered big snow to the USA, but I am coming over to Europe this year anyhow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Appears to be a double thread running, maybe a mod could stitch them together ....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83399
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy