Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro camera... anyone got one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dogcamsport wrote:
ansta1, A discount code for all you Snowheads sounds like a great idea!

dogcam sport is happy to offer a 10% discount off all our cameras and accessories through the code SHDC10 which can be used at the web checkout www.dogcamsport.co.uk or phone orders 01208 269 159

I'll also speak to the Snowheads admin team to make this available to all forum members.

Please note the offer excludes the ContourHD 1080P camera, as it is already heavily discounted

I knew I should be checking this forum more often, bought a hd hero 2 from you last week (excellent shipping speed and communication by the way) for full price and not even an hour ago I bought a big u shot and tripod mount too!

Oh well, it's still worth it!

Also big thanks to ansta1 for hiring one out to me last year, was awesome! (laptop failure and sheer laziness stopped me from thanking you at the time)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowymum wrote:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The gopro 960 looks good but the price doesn't seem to include any accessories so imagine it will cost more than £150 by the time I've bought attachments etc.

Element - I'll look your one up now.

Hi All
I may be a bit late on this hread ....But FYI
I bought a GoPro Wrist cam version off Amazon in Nov.....It's a great little gajit but is not compatible with any other mounts or housings
I only cost £70 but wrist mounted isn't ideal for skiing
I hired a HD Hero 2 from Ansta (infiniteimages.co.uk) via this forum for our weeks skiing before Xmas
I was very pleased that we did, very reasonable, especially for the Occasional Skier
I'm now planning to get a HD2 or hire again
You can see the results & compare the 2 cams here
http://www.youtube.com/user/colelynch?feature=mhee

nb: Tip...get your kids or skiing buddies to wear it for footage of you actually skiing, POV is no good for analyisi.

Hope this helps snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought the Drift HD170 last week, had the X170 which is standard resolution before it, but decided to upgrade. It's a fairly large camera (they now do a smaller version, but that's around £300.00) It's going off to Avoriaz with me on Saturday, hopefully will get some good video. It has a 60 fps mode too, which might make for some interesting slow motion shots. Comes with lots of fixing mounts too, which will handy as it will also be used on the bike in the summer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my gopro outdoor hd hero 2 arrived today from the usa. 280 dollars all in with 3 day postage etc. cant wait to hit the slopes/sea and try it out. was looking at samsung class 10 sd card, anybody any advice on make of card? also us model seems to have 12 month warranty unlike uk version.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WASHOUT, sounds like a good deal, Where did you buy it? Did you have to pay VAT & duty

(Edit: maybe you could pm me the details rather than expose them for avoiding tax!!!)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 17-01-12 13:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit late to this discussion as well, but nevermind! I've got a GoPro HD hero (not the HD2), which I principally use for skiing and mountain biking.

The standard GoPro HD has 2 HD modes (for standard recording):
720p (1280 x 720) with a 170 degree field of view
or
1080p (1920 x 1080) with 127 degree field of view

When recording skiing or mountain biking, I find the 170 degree field of view (with slightly lower resolution) gives much better results. The 'fish eye lens' effect gives a much better sensation of speed, especially when you're reasonably close to things. When on the higher resolution, but with smaller field of view, the results can seem rather flat and boring looking, with no sensation of speed.

From what I can see, the big benefit of the HD2 is that it allows you to record in the full 1080p HD mode with the maximum 170 degree field of view. That'd be the selling point for me (although I'm more than happy with the one I've got).

Hope that goes some way to explaining the difference between the HD and HD2!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Guys

We are forum sponsors (Promotion Camera Systems) promotion cams, See banner links to the left for our special offers with HD cameras starting from £89. We also have a special Go Pro HD Hero2 winter ski edition pack, please see the website for more info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waveslider. pm sent
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WASHOUT wrote:
waveslider. pm sent
thanks for the info.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy