Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gadget

Poster: A snowHead
What Ski Gadget / Item have you bought in the last few year which you deem a must on your trips?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A kettle

Essential for most self-catering apartments
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A coat.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A slow cooker. Difficult to ski with admittedly and it helps if you've driven out to a self catering apartment but, rustle up a quick chilli in the morning before going out, chuck it in the slow cooker to bubble away all day and finish itself off, et viola, world greatest chilli just when you need it. The ladies wash up. Sorted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A pair of skis. Really rather important.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hands Free camcorder to film all the falls whilst still skiing (and falling)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, I have managed to download this in Itunes, but when I sync, it unticks it on the computer and doesnt go onto the phone - anyone know why? thanks
snow report
 cran
cran
a lift pass
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helmet.

And on that note, I'm off...... wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
1969jma, ...mine's more of a fantasy gadget. Remember the scene in 'The Wrong Trousers', where Grommit is laying railway track at high speed just in front of his train? Clack, clack, clack as he lays his own track to chase the penguin. OK...you've got the idea...now, my gadget is simple in conception. In this snow-starved opening to the season, each of my skis will have a small but very prolific snow cannon on the front, laying perfect piste a centimetres in front of each ski. Perfect. Down the Nationale, round the corner, into the wood, down the mogul field (which is strangely flat since it's all grass except the streak appearing in front of my skis, down to the chair and round we go again (after a brief stop to top up the three-thousand litre tank in my rucksack) - top stuff. I feel a patent coming on....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jon Ford, untrick what?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

A slow cooker. Difficult to ski with admittedly and it helps if you've driven out to a self catering apartment but, rustle up a quick chilli in the morning before going out, chuck it in the slow cooker to bubble away all day and finish itself off, et viola, world greatest chilli just when you need it. The ladies wash up. Sorted.

+1 but I put in browned onion, beef, mushrooms, erbs and a whole bottle of wine. The apartment smells fantastic when you get back. And add a few tatties and the evening meal is done for 6 and less than 30 minutes work.

Apart from that I always take a very sharp knife with me (but worry if I get stopped by the police in the UK)

John
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would not be without my buff.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thermals Longjohns. Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Powder traces
ski holidays
Boot dryer.
snow report
Once a day sun cream, and not for skiing specifically but my GPS running watch will get its first Alpine outing this winter (Hopefully skiing and not running through green meadows)
ski holidays
Snow maker Very Happy
snow report
Since last season - a rope (used it twice in one week). Plus, in future, a few small bits of climbing hardware to make a pulley (wished I had them when a member of our party went into a river-hole in a canyon we were skiing).
latest report
snowball, I knew you'd come up with something gnarly! wink
snow report
Pedantica, wink
Plus a hip-flask full of Lagavulin of course. Though I'm not sure if that is a gadget.
snow report
snowball, for you, a hip flask of whisky and a rope are hereby deemed to be gadgets. Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nobody owning up to novelty johnnies no? (that remain unopened throughout of course!). Sigh....long time since I've had those problems....

failing that, a Leatherman, and these days a kindle for the occasional night away (or relatively away) from the sauce (once you've read the same page 3 times, give up and leap off the wagon) rolling eyes
latest report
barry, Oh yes, leatherman or Swiss Army knife which includes screwdriver.
snow conditions
sorry 1969jma, I was writing about the Ski app for the iphone - not sure why its posted in here!
snow conditions
RobW, good boot dryer, which make?
latest report
Telepeage doofer. Autoroute smugness all year round.
ski holidays
I was going to suggest Ski Pants, just ahead of the ski wheels...

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyph wrote:

+1

Probably the best ski-related 10 Euros I've ever spent, speeding past the queues on the Autoroute Blanche most weekends.
ski holidays
Without a shadow of a doubt, one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-crocheted-Christmas-NOSE-WARMER-Holiday-Cozy-Mitten-Cold-Red-Green-White-/140609393496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bcf91358

You will all be in em soon
snow conditions
Thats a point, what good snow apps are available for Android (got my new shiny fondlephone the other week - need to populate it with junk)
snow report
Omeprozole (sp?)
snow report
Whitters wrote:
andyph wrote:

+1

Probably the best ski-related 10 Euros I've ever spent, speeding past the queues on the Autoroute Blanche most weekends.

I need to get me one of these bummers.
latest report
Timbobaggins wrote:
Without a shadow of a doubt, one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-crocheted-Christmas-NOSE-WARMER-Holiday-Cozy-Mitten-Cold-Red-Green-White-/140609393496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bcf91358

You will all be in em soon

BRILLIANT

My Mrs has been imagining one of these for ages so have just ordered her one as a stocking filler.
snow report
The lip salve secured to a long piece of string and tied to my outside pocket zip, along with its top, which is secured with gaffer tape to another piece of string so that I lose neither of them when I'm using it. Chad as your dad, I know.
ski holidays
Used to be my Thermic boot warmers (also great for gloves) but now it's my Quiver Killers.
snow report
spyderjon, how do you use the thermics for Gloves?
ski holidays
Snowboard tool, saved many a long trek down.
snow report
Luggage scales to prevent wifes last minute extra ski suit slipping in and pushing us over again! http://back2you.com/store/product_info.cfm?product_id=43
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
spyderjon, how do you use the thermics for Gloves?

Ya put 'em in yer gloves rolling eyes Toofy Grin

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy