Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice needed on buying a ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi guys i need some good advice at hand.i am looking for my first pair of skis i think its time to ditch those rental skis and get my own.i find its quite tricky as i am nowhere near a ski shop or test run centre the nearest would be well over 100miles away at least.and i dont want to pay well over the odds on those rediculus prices in europe.i also know its not like buying a car or similar all cars are driven the same clutch,brake ect only difference is power.as i look on the internet i see good deals on ebay for new skis.the only problem is i do not know what i need and i am scared of buying a ski thats not for me or i grow out of quickly..i hear good things about the dynastar range for intermediates.but for me its like a child in a sweet shop totaly lost.as i can hear you sayingwhats my style well hear goes 6ft1 100kg intermediate level abillity fairly aggresive speed not my main mission i like to put the turns in and want to learn to carve.i am one of those guys that go for it all day not put a run in and sit down for 3 hours. hope you can help Cool Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First I would suggest you put in your budget, second I would buy second hand at your level, I've been skiing for around 20 years, only 2 or 3 times a year, and got a great pair on ebay, just looking at said site there are loads of options for around £150-£200, also seen a nice par of fischer progressor 8's in the buy/sell forum for £250 I think. Ive skied the progressor 9's and they are great for carving, but quite stiff, if you're not used to that level of ski...

The great thing about buying second hand, if you make a mistake you can sell them almost certainly for close to what you paid. You can then establish what type of ski is best for you and if you want new, then get the latest model.

Good luck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go 2nd hand as suggested if you can't try before you buy and go for a piste ski if you spend most of your time on piste or a thinner All Mountian. I'm selling some Dynastar Legend 80 Sultans on behalf of a mate if you're interested. Cracking ski for you level and dimensions.

eBay is a bit of a minefield now that the buying season has got going, hard to find anything decent and some garbage going for silly money.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for your replies guys. as neilkav says 150 to 200quid would be ideal budget got a few more prezzies to get yet for crimbo first.but can manage 150/200 hopefully then get the overtime in for ski holiday.grizwald whats the heads up on them sultans?

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waiter_fisherman, Few details added below. He's went off to Japan to work so he's left them with me to sort out a sale, he wants £250-£300 for them but I can txt him if you're interested if you want to make an offer having seen them I think they're worth that tbh but have nothing to gain from the sale so won't give you the hard sell! Very Happy There are a pair on eBay for £250 but are ex-rental and 163cm's.

If you think you'd be interested I can send some in the flesh pics either as a PM or email if you supply one here or by PM. I'll even give them a full service prior to sale. They're absolutely in mint condition for one weeks of use.

Specs
•Tip Width (mm):126
•Waist Width (mm):80
•Tail Width (mm):108
•Ability Level: Intermediate-advanced
•Core Material:Composite
•Rocker Type:Camber
•Tail Type:Flat
•Turning Radius:15m @ 172cm

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh they're 176cm too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy