Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding Destinations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a girlie boarder (sorry boys) and am looking for suggestions for good holiday destinations.
I organise a boarding holiday for myself and around ten other friends every year (well when I say every year I have done it twice so far) and I am looking for fun but cheap suggestions. Our last two holidays have been to borovets in Bulgaria which was great fun (and very cheap beer) but we are looking for somthing a bit more challenging.

Any suggestions?

Helx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Hel, welcome to SlushNuts, why are you sorry about being a girl boarder? It’s a refreshing change from the stink of misogynism that occasionally wafts through the boarder’s forums. Mind you some of us need hormone injections just recognise a woman . . . let alone what to do with one when we meet one.

If you want decent snow and cheap prices, then you can’t go wrong with Livigno. It’s got the airport transfer from hell (5 hours) but . . . There’s enough hill for a good week, no flats, a good mix of green blue and red (+ a couple of serious blacks), it’s on the Burton tour so the park is superb. The schools are good and the local guides are very good if you want to get off the beaten track and into the backcountry powder.
It’s tax free so booze (espesh in the supermarkets) is dirt cheap as are cosmetics, fags and electronics. . . and the craique is superb!!! . . . even for an old farty like me.

It’s a bit strung out along the valley but it’s not the concrete mess that seems to epitomise the worst parts of Andorra.

It’s worth a week of anyone’s snowtime and I keep going back whenever I can.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hel, I've got a friend who has been living in Poland for the last six months, a few of my friends have been out to see him this year and have all given great reports on the boarding/skiing to be had out there. He's based near Zakopane which is one of Poland's best known ski areas so consequently the slopes are often busy but it's supposed to be a great town and also a great base. From there you are within easy reach of alot of other resorts. If there's ten of you hire a couple of cars, get over the border and stay a couple of nights in Slovakia which has some great resorts in the Tetra mountain range.

Easyjet fly to Krakow which is'nt too far from Zakopane, and the booze, food, accomodation and lift fees are dirt cheap, plus on your way back home you can stop a night in Krakow and have one hell of a bender in a great city.

If your more inclined to stay in one resort then maybe Masque's, suggestion is a better one, i've also had good reports on Livigno from a few friends. However if you fancy a bit of a mystery tour then Poland/Slovakia would be a good option. We're planning to do it early next year so check back then and i'll let you know what it was like (i'm assuming you're planning next seasons trip....?).

Oh, and welcome! Girlie boarders encouraged, there's far too few of you...!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to Snowheads. Hel Smile Smile Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hel, welcome. snowHead

I am afraid that my boarding trips have been at the more predictable end of the scale and so if you are trying to avoid France and other obvious destinations, I cannot give you too much advice on this occasion.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hel, I can thoroughly recommend Solden in Austria.
12 of us went in Feb this year and had an excellent time.

There's a review in the 'Resorts' section.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque's suggestion of Livigno sounds spot on - It's definately 'fun but cheap'. I went there myself for my third trip abroad. Only downside is the long transfer but you should have a wicked time once you're there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone. The Poland/Slovakia idea looks like great fun but a bit too much effort to organise as my group has increased to about 15 people!! (7 of which are girlie boarders - trying to keep our side going strong!)

Am going to look into Lavigno. Will let you know how I get on.
I managed to win a holiday to Andorra so will be going there too - how spoiled am I?!

Obviously still open to ideas if anyone else has any suggestions?

Cheers!
Helx
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes is excellent if a bit over run with Brits. It is cheap, reliable snow, glacier, huge ski area. BUT it is French
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hi Hel, try and go early in the new year when prices are at their lowest. anywhere like tignes, les arcs, la rosiere, valdisere, st.foy - all resorts are within 20 mins to 1 hour from eachother. how did you win a holiday to andorra? the last thing we won was a "cruise" from easyjet to launch stelios's new thing, but turned out to be a few glasses of bubbly and a kicking off the orange boat about midnight.www.morealps.com
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi
I managed to win my holiday on an internet competition. Pretty jammy really. The holiday is with www.learn2surf.co.uk but thats all I know so far. They are pretty slow at telling me all the info.

I ended up booking to go to Livigno at the beginning of march, bargain price of £350 each for half board which wasnt too bad. There are 18 of us going now so I'm sure we would have fun wherever we ended up! I do like the sound of tignes etc but I am put off by how expensive it is to go out drinking/eating in the evenings...not that I go boarding for the beer but there are beginners in my group and you kinda need a few beers in the evening to take your mind off your achey ass!!!

Thanks for all your suggestions will keep them on board when planning my 2006/2007 holiday!!
Hel x
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice one! Sounds like you've done well there!!
(impossible not to have a good time in Livigno)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy