Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Core strength after operation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After an abdominal operation to remove my prostate (as per previous thread) I am finally able to start getting fit, and started cycling up hills yesterday. Since I was, officially, not supposed even to carry shopping till now, I have lost a lot of core strength, though legs are OK.
I'm still avoiding full sit-ups but would welcome other, slightly less stomach-strenuous, exercises or activities to improve core stength.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
hip hinge
bird dog
cat camel
bridge
plank
side plank
squats
crunches
swiss ball diagonal crunches

(just google them or search on youtube if you don't know what they are)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK, thanks, I youtubed them. I knew some of them (though often not by name) from having back problems but but plank, side plank, and bird dog look useful new ones. I don't have a Swiss Ball and don't know where I could store it! I'm surprised that squats are good for the core - I've done them for the last couple of weeks (I can already do 100 without stopping) - it doesn't seem to stress the stomach that much but perhaps that shows it's a good one to start with, along with cat camel and bridge and hip hinge which I do anyway for my back).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The plank must be one of the best, also anything where you raise your hands above your head engages your core, try doing squats holding a broom or something above your head and you will feel this instantly. Another one I like cause it increases flexibility as well... stand legs hip width apart, bend over and touch toes, bend down into full swap (bum to backs of legs), arms above head then stand up, repeat. If you're using any exercise machines (bike, treadmill, stepper) don't rest your hands on them and this will use your core a lot more, same for going up stairs, don't use the banister, just little things but they all help Smile
ski holidays
 cran
cran
do the squats slowly keeping neutral spine and when they are easy do them on a wobble cushion.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What do you mean by neutral - do you mean straight or upright? What is a wobble cushion? Where can you get one?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball wrote:
What is a wobble cushion? Where can you get one?

Here: http://www.physiosupplies.com/acatalog/Wobble_and_Balance_Boards_and_Discs_from_Physio_Supplies_UK.html

Welcome Back! How's it going?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fine, thank you, I am fairly sure I will ski in 6 weeks as booked long ago. Histology report was good (tumour was entirely inside the prostate) and I just have to have a PSA blood test in a few days to confirm I am clear of cancer. At that point I will put it on my old thread.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good look for the blood test snowball, When you are ready for more of a core / ab' workout check out the P90X ab ripper dvd. Im sure its downloadable somewhere wink
Its a good 15 minute ab and core hit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball wrote:
Fine, thank you, I am fairly sure I will ski in 6 weeks as booked long ago. Histology report was good (tumour was entirely inside the prostate) and I just have to have a PSA blood test in a few days to confirm I am clear of cancer. At that point I will put it on my old thread.

Blimey, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope the recovery goes well and you're back on skis soon!
ski holidays
 cran
cran
snowball wrote:
What do you mean by neutral - do you mean straight or upright? What is a wobble cushion? Where can you get one?

basically not flat and not arched... Toofy Grin

http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesexercises/ht/NeutralSpine.htm
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry, BobinCH, thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball wrote:
I don't have a Swiss Ball and don't know where I could store it! I'm surprised that squats are good for the core - I've done them for the last couple of weeks (I can already do 100 without stopping)

A "BOSU" (both sides up) is a useful piece of balance/core workout equipment that (unlike a fully inflated swiss ball) will fit under the bed.

..... it's the blue half ball shown in this clip

http://youtube.com/v/2YRYsvN0bqA&feature=related

Good luck with the results hope you get the all clear.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy