Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For my birthday (tomorrow) ive asked for snow and rock vouchers. I need some new ski gloves but dont want to be spending loads. So, in the region of £30-£50, what would you recommend from Snow & Rock???

http://www.snowandrock.com/ski-gloves/ski/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
I've got a pair of 'Dakine Men's Scout Glove Black Stripes'. Paid £49 back in January, now on sale for £26.99...

http://outlet.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=DAK0377KK

I've only got a pair of Alpine gloves (I think) to compare these to but I really do like them. They come with inner everyday gloves which are useful for apres ski or a very cold mountain! The inner gloves have a sticky grip on them too which can be useful.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidmt83, they look really smart, and pretty cheap. I like the idea of inner gloves as well. I think i may go for these and get a new pair of ski pants with the remainder of the money.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder,

I notice on the S&R website they are in size small only. Really nice gloves but I have found Dakine gloves to be small fitting. Dakine small is pretty skimpy.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Be a little bit careful with the Da Kine gloves as some of them are not waterproof, it's the liner that's the membrane and therefore if you wear them without the liner they will leave you with wet hands!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.snowandrock.com/ski-gloves/ski/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true#filters=BRAND!hestra

If the Hestra goretex are anything like as good as the leather ones stretch the budget and go for one of those
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, salomon soft shell gloves are brill. some on a famous auction site at the mo....
latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
palumbex wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder,

I notice on the S&R website they are in size small only. Really nice gloves but I have found Dakine gloves to be small fitting. Dakine small is pretty skimpy.

I would definitely recommend trying them on in a shop. For me the small was perfect but that was without the inner glove (which personally I think detracts from the nibbleness of the poles and it's sufficiently warm without them)

glp9 wrote:
Be a little bit careful with the Da Kine gloves as some of them are not waterproof, it's the liner that's the membrane and therefore if you wear them without the liner they will leave you with wet hands!

Submerge them in water or if you're unfortunate enough to be skiing in rain (does this happen!?) then maybe - I dunno. Skiied a week in them and couldn't be happier - Tignes Mar 2011.
ski holidays
 davidmt83
davidmt83
<duplicate>

Last edited by davidmt83 on Fri 2-12-11 23:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
davidmt83 wrote:
palumbex wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder,

I would definitely recommend trying them on in a shop. For me the small was perfect but that was without the inner glove (which personally I think detracts from the nibbleness of the poles and it's sufficiently warm without them)

glp9 wrote:

Submerge them in water or if you're unfortunate enough to be skiing in rain (does this happen!?) then maybe - I dunno. Skiied a week in them and couldn't be happier - Tignes Mar 2011.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

which personally I think detracts from the nibbleness of the poles

I normally do not highlight how words are spelt (sic), but what does "nibbleness of the poles" mean?

latest report
 davidmt83
davidmt83
palumbex wrote:
Quote:

which personally I think detracts from the nibbleness of the poles

I normally do not highlight how words are spelt (sic), but what does "nibbleness of the poles" mean?

Agreed. Didn't think it was a real word too... I meant the ability to control and plant the poles.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy