Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy report .

Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to ste foy for first time half term week in feb. 17 of us including kids - mixed ability group from total beginners to low level intermediates. We are hiring a couple of Mercedes Vito vans from Geneva airport and as the weather looks cold over the next while it is advisable to hire snow chains at airport? Thanks to all the snowheads postings on ste foy and they have been really helpful and really excited about trip.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pdwallace13, right now, the road is fine up to resort, but within resort may well be impassable for a vehicle with summer tyres and no chains. Depends where your accommodation is. I find it harder to judge now as I've just bought a Landrover!

The forecast is cold and dry, so I suspect road conditions will improve over the next few days.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lmbrowsing, snowshoes will be essential on any of the walking trails at the moment. Getting around without them would be either miserable or impossible.

You can rent them very cheaply either at ZigZags or at other shops in the resort. If you want to buy a set, I'd suggest Vieux Campeur in Albertville. You really need poles with snowshoes as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you - as we suspected! (Have poles).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beautiful day today. Sunny, but very cold. Pleasant enough in the sunshine, but brutal in the shade!

Pistes in great condition, off-piste staying light and fluffy in the cold weather where it's not tracked or wind-affected.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arrived in ste foy Sunday 12th feb 12. Today (Monday 13th) was cold (minus 22 on chalet balcony in morning) but sunny. Great days skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Woke up to a bit more fresh snow than expected this morning. I'd laid out all my skinning gear to get some exercise in first thing and had to go for a complete change of wardrobe! 5-10cm on the pistes already and still coming down pretty steadily.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update - inversion with low cloud this morning, glorious up above it! Burnt-off by lunchtime, mostly.

The mild weather has transformed much of the snow, with spring-like conditions on most of the pistes. Mellower pistes are in good condition, steeper stuff getting a wee bit scratchy, but softening up as the day goes on.

Off-piste - well, probably not great. High, north faces might still be good. Did Couloir Frank on Wednesday in epic conditions, may still be decent up there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A return to colder weather over the last few days, along with 3 minor snowfalls has brought some pretty good conditions. With the new snow now groomed-in, the pistes are in excellent condition. There are also some very good (if not epic) off-piste conditions at altitude.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did Fogliettaz today - very, very good indeed. Still good winter powder up high on the north faces. Nice spring-skiing conditions on the pistes.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, Wondering how things are looking in Ste Foy at the moment as we are heading out on saturday. Any info from people 'on the ground' would be fun to here. Forecast looks like it will be sunny with maybe a bit of snow mid week.
Off-topic I'd also appreciate any advice on any off-piste groups/lessons/courses/guides that might be available next week. I know it's v late notice but we (myself and son) had booked with Evolution for 3 half days and had an email from them this morning saying that as we are the only two booked they won't be running it. Not at all impressed with them, we booked a couple of months ago and to be let down at such short notice is to say the least annoying. Any advice appreciated.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used

Carole GAUTHIER Carole Gauthier
+33 (0)6 11 30 09 19
alpeskicarole@yahoo.fr
Fully qualified ski instructor
All avibilities. On piste and off piste

a couple of times (on piste, once for the Mrs - nervous beginner (after being dropped in it by evo2 in Val) ... and myself earlier this season for some more advanced stuff) and found her great.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
martinm, I'll drop Carole a line, thanks . The ESF have been helpful, we are going to see them on sunday. Interesting that you were also let down by Evolution.
All packed now and ready to hit the road in the morning, 2 v excited kids just gone to bed!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Deep fresh pow, sun came out this afternoon, nobody's here.

A whole big truckload of AWESOME. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
20th of April and we're still getting sweet fresh turns on Crystal Dark. Got to be happy with that!

Final day tomorrow (complete with the usual hog roast & massive p*ss-up at Les Brevettes). Shame, we've got enough snow to stay open for ages yet, even if there's no-one on the hill except a few locals.
latest report
That's all folks!

What a day to end the season though. Epic conditions. 40cm of fresh at the top, mostly blue skies through the day. Only downer was that, while there might only have been about 200 people on the hill, every single one of them was a hard-core local going flat-out in "last-chance" mode! Think EVERYTHING got tracked! Laughing
ski holidays
stevomcd, sounds like a great day, lets start praying for next season Toofy Grin Toofy Grin have a great summer
ski holidays
Quote:

What a day to end the season though. Epic conditions. 40cm of fresh at the top, mostly blue skies through the day. Only downer was that, while there might only have been about 200 people on the hill, every single one of them was a hard-core local going flat-out in "last-chance" mode! Think EVERYTHING got tracked!

still really jealous ,

Thanks for this seasons reports , just over 6months till next season Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy