Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy report .

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all ,I have been a long time lurker of the weather thread and have just returned from St Foy
had a great week, great snow conditions from very deep powder (too deep at times) through to spring like conditions on the last day
Shame to leave but will be back in a few weeks
have taken a few pics hope the links work

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb382/hut160/St%20Fot%20december%202011/

[/img]
[img]
[/img]
[img]
[/img][/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great pics, love the second one down for its shear snowyness snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blas, stunning photos. Must get to Ste Foy one day...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard E and IScream reporting fantastic conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
50 cms in the last few hours! still snowing heavily just when I need to go to Lyon to collect a couple of my sons friends. Anyone coming back to the Tarentaise @ 17.00 hrs (ish)?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing all the way to bourg as well graham! I had an interesting 7am trip down!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And still snowing!!

Only 1 or 2 runs open, so didn't stay out for long. Great 1st thing though - 18" deep powder on the pistes Smile

Never seen snow so fluffy though - almost like white candyfloss.....

Last day skiing tomoorow, so hope they get the mortars and bashers sorted for me !!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was snowing all the way to Moutiers Steve, chains all the way to Aime! Snow tyres bought earlier this week have been a superb investment.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was on the 2nd chair with my client just as it opened today and got face shots on the piste! One of the best mornings for a long time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing again tonight...

Free lift pass on January catered holidays.... you know you want to.... Blush
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blas, great pictures. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, even more snow. Getting silly now!! Bet there's not much work been done though, so not much open Sad

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Black flag by the chip bar top of 2nd lift.

That's me done for another year! Still chucking it down, just heard that Tignes access is closed in and out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wee bit heavy today as temps are a bit milder, but still awesome:

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing pretty steadily again today!
snow conditions
Absolutely incredible day today. Blue skies and deep, creamy powder everywhere. Rarely seen Crystal Dark so good.
snow report
Can't wait to get there on Sunday, save some for me!!!!!! Lol
snow report
After another 20cms of cold fluffy powder this morning and I can quite honestly say these are some of the best conditions I have skied in 35 years , the amount of snow in the trees is quite epic its just a case of point and go anywhere you like. With another dump forecast tomorrow and then cold and clear the resorts weekend events of the "ultimate test tour " and "Ride wild cup " will be a real success .
Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
Absolutely pounding down now. Been snowing all day.
snow conditions
Looks like a slow opening tomorrow could just be an ideal day to ski powder thur the trees all the way to the village , lunch at Monal and then the Navette back .
snow report
sounds perfect for my arrival on SUnday!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
I'm just back from a little road trip.

Flew to Grenoble, rented a car and drove up to La Grave - bit of a mare but amusing drive in heavy snow. Next day went to Chazelet just above LG - day lift pass 14.5 Euro and five lifts (sounding familiar) that always provides great access to some off piste etc and touring.

Unfortunately I'm unable to ski still (getting over acl op) so I just zone out in the little cafe restaurant with good wifi whilst the other half gets here ski legs back skiing fresh for around three hours non stop.

Fantastic New Years in LG leaves me severely wounded the next day and we head off to Serre where again other half has a great time - drive back to LG and then next day back over to Serre to see some friends, though have to high tail back early as fears were that the Col might shut due to the weather closing in.

Wake up Tuesday early as we're going up to Tignes to see my daughter who is doing her first season there - and I've not been up that way for over 25 years - as we walk around LG getting ready to leave on a blue sky day day loads of people are walking around with stupid powder pig grins on their faces, twas going to be a classic day!

As I mentioned I'd not been up that way for a long time, and St Foy was not really on the map then, but over the years I'd picked up on what sounded to be quite a cool place and driving through looked my sort of village.

Arrived in Tignes and my heart sunk, but could not diss it to my daughter who is loving it there.

So game plan is that hopefully in March when we come out for our four / five weeks "down South" as Serre is referred to we might check in to SF for a few days when we come to see my daughter again.

If anyone can recommend a hotel that does impromptu two night stays etc then please let me know

Or if any one wants to do an exchange* and check out La Grave / Serre whilst we come up to SF that might work !!!

We stay in a really nice (big) apartment - great position for exploring the area - tis our fourth year in the same place
ski holidays
Weathercam, Le Monal hotel down in Sainte Foy town is the only place that really does short stays (The Peak with Premiere Neige and I think Auberge sur la Montagne might also do room by room / day by day bookings).

Don't tempt me with the La Grave exchange idea! I could not possibly spare the time [wonders how to spare the time].
snow conditions
Weathercam, www.auberge-montagne.com does rooms by the night and has some.

If you don't mind "being down the road", the Gite / Auberge La Perce Neige in Viclaire is about 15 minutes away and does B&B for 30 euros a night and half board for 50 euros. gite-auberge-leperceneige.com
latest report
Wee update - it's been beautiful sunny weather since Sunday. Actually a welcome change for once!

Fantastic piste conditions and loads of lines being done off-piste. Did my first Fogliettaz of the season on Tuesday, was really good - slightly wind-affected at the top, but mostly deep and creamy. Will try to get some photos up.
latest report
stevomcd, please do Very Happy

We're booked up for Val D'Isere in March and having never been to either area before, is it possible to ski for a day in St Foy on the espace killy pass and do you know if any company does away days from Val?
snow report
shoogly, you can ski at Sainte Foy for a day with a Val pass for a supplement of about 13€. A lot of off-piste guides in Val will do day-out in Sainte Foy, which is not a bad way of getting down here. Otherwise, it's possible to get the bus from Val down to Sainte Foy town, then jump on the free ski shuttle up to the resort - bit of a faff though. A taxi costs about 60€ each way.
snow conditions
Fogliettaz, Tuesday 10th Jan:

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beautiful day today. Cold and sunny. Just went up for a few runs in the afternoon - absolutely perfect pistes. Spent most of my time trying to get the 360° carve in at the bottom of the Arpette. Blush

Off-piste in-bounds is tracked-out and a little crusty, but there is still some very good snow for those prepared to hike.
snow report
About 40cm of fresh in the last 36 hours or so. Still snowing now!

Running our Backcountry week this week, should be epic!
ski holidays
stevomcd,
Pictures, not real if no pics!
snow report
flog873347,

Pics? You can't handle the pics!
ski holidays
Awesome day today. One quick pic for flog873347:

latest report
Afer much badgering, I'm going to try to post a semi-regular English version of the local avalanche forecast here:

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/tarentaise_avalanche_forecast.htm
latest report
Great day today despite poorish vis. It brightened up enough mid-morning for a great Col Granier run.

Still loads of soft stuff to be found on the front side as well...
latest report
Foglietta about as good as I have ever skied it today - perfect powder from summit to bridge Happy

Great run down Crystal Dark far left as well afterwards - still loads of fresh tracks to be had!
snow report
Yet more snow over the last 48 hours, about 20m in total. Weather is very cold, so it's light, fluffy powder. Absolutely epic in the trees today, then finished off with a cracking descent of Col Granier.
latest report
Hi stevomcd/offpisteskiing , a question for you
where does far crystal end up?
we skied quite far left (but obviously not far enough)and skied down to a sheer cliff overlooking the left hand red (forgotten its name) just as it flattens out
had to retrace and find a way down through some trees
does far crystal end up on the green? . I presume you end up skiing the trees
thanks for any info
we are back out feb half term
any other SHs out then?
snow conditions
blas, there are loads of different routes down Crystal / Far Crystal. Some end up back on the Red you refer to, others on the Green and some bypass the pistes altogether and end up back in the resort.

However, there are lots of little cliff bands (and some large ones!) and usually some pretty involved commando-finishes through the trees.

As always when off-piste, tread warily and carry a big stick...
snow report
Hi all, we are back in st foy this Friday for a week - having been out for New Year. Can't believe the conditions are still so amazing!
We will have two guests with us who don't ski but, having loved our local walking in the summer, are keen to walk.
They want to do Le Monal, Plan Bois via the green, the 'drains', the 'cascade' and maybe le Planay etc. They will have our maps/routes and are familar with the tracks (when green and sunny).
They are experienced walkers from Derbyshire/Cumbria and will have good gear including survival stuff/shovels etc but they don't have any 'snow' experience or snowshoes (yet).
We are skiers Smile so don't know if they will be able to walk much without? Some local advice would be much appreciated, particularly in view of all the wonderful powder around.
And if snowshoes are a must, where would be best to get them? Intersport in BSM? Decathlon in Albertville ont he way in? We would prob buy them and leave them in our apt for others to borrow Smile
Even though they don't want to try skiing, we would like them to enjoy the mountain and be safe!
They will also try to get to the Vanoise NP if road conditions permit - in our Landrover....

Thanks for any advice/comments/tips!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy