Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SUP on a snowboard?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
whilst it might be a bit handy on the flats I can't really see the lifties in a peak week letting you get on carrying one of these: -

http://www.kahunacreations.com/bigstick/snow-sup/kahuna-snow-stick-adjustable-moko.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be fair, it is collapsable. Much like those who see you will collapse laughing. Another company attempting to adapt their product to another market in a poorly conceived attempt to cash in. A giftbasket of FAIL has been dispatched.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha the mountains will be infested with overweight out of control useless wannabe janitors and the beaches will be safe places to be once again

Yay
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now if they'd pitched it as a stick for jousting skiers out the way... better range than the ski pole too wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways, Nah, for jousting we telemarkers can use a lurk (traditional single long wooden pole, or its modern glass fibre version the Telestick which splits in two for easy carriage on chairlifts), see video:

http://youtube.com/v/BG566wmlr6E&feature=related

The observant will note that there's even a short sequence of a dude on a Teleboard using one to good effect - I wonder if Masque has tried using one yet with his Teleboard? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it acceptable/mandatory to make lightsabre "Vwoom Vwoom" noises when using said poking-device. Also, seeing fat skis are now approaching teleboard dimensions, when to teleboarders start to look like someone who's just lost a ski?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways,
Re "Vmoom Vmoom" noises: Acceptable? If you like that sort of thing. Mandatory? Definitely not! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmmmNah, it's not enough to make me want to try teleboarding. Looks like all the disadvantages of snowboarding wrapped up with none of the advantages of skiing. Sure theres a technical challange, but where's the fun?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's the point? Am I really dumb, missing something or is there absolutely no point in carrying a stick about the place? Maybe i should just start up a new company called "inflatablebudgeriegarperchesforsnowboarders.com' and see how I do.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rogg wrote:
Maybe i should just start up a new company called "inflatablebudgeriegarperchesforsnowboarders.com' and see how I do.

Sorry, too late to market, Little_Joey_Sideways now perches on my trusty Kahuna Snow-puntpole...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I SUP and i can't see the point of these. It'd be like a short board surfer having a paddle????

hang11, totally get your point. To many people buy SUPs and don't understand surf etiquette.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett wrote:
whilst it might be a bit handy on the flats I can't really see the lifties in a peak week letting you get on carrying one of these: -

http://www.kahunacreations.com/bigsticck/snow-sup/kahuna-snow-stick-adjustable-moko.html

Looks like fun for a go. Just don't fall on it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dot. wrote:
I SUP and i can't see the point of these. It'd be like a short board surfer having a paddle????

hang11, totally get your point. To many people buy SUPs and don't understand surf etiquette.

I've just bought a SUP too, but it's never going to be used at the beach - planning to use it for fly fishing - I reckon it will be ideal for that, especially on lakes, and at a push it can be hauled into out of the way places a lot easier than a kayak, just waiting for a couple of rod holders to turn up before it gets used.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy