Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shipping skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've thinned out my quiver a bit and need to ship a pair of skis. Any suggestions/advice on a carrier, packaging etc. would be really appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.interparcel.co.uk

I usually use their Economy Service which is operated by UPS so you get a fully tracked service with the option of insurance.

Have you sold your Bro's?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep they're sold.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 on Spyderjon's recommendation. That or We Deliver the World.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep. interparcel are great, every time I've used their economy service it has turned out to be a UPS or TNT next day service
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ludwigk wrote:
Yep they're sold.

That's a pi$$er, I was waiting for you to get desperate wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry to resurrect a thread, but does anyone else know where I can get a sod off long cardboard box to ship 2 pairs of skis to spyderjon at some point in the next few months?

Would going to the local snow and rock and begging for old boxes be any good?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
last time i needed to ship skis I went to the local carpet shop and asked if they any old cardboard inners from the rolls - they had a nice long tube which I cut the ends off and taped - most are not wide enough but you might get lucky - I did.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
migletski, probably worth a go. Only issue is I'm shipping a pair of directors and some coreupts (hopefully together to save on postage) for QKering... Would have to be a big old roll for that! Worth an ask though, cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
joe1890, Presumably you can lie them flat on top of each other so might not take up as much space as you think??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joe1890, No box required. I only need the skis so remove the bindings so you can stack them flat as kitenski says. Then wrap up in a old sheet & send 'em in a single ski bag on Interparcel's Economy service (which is actually UPS) & they deliver/collect to me daily. I'm at InsideOut's event at the Hemel slope on Sat 11th Aug so could meet you there to save the return shipping cost.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are places online where you can get good, sturdy cardboard boxes made to measure. Try a Google search. I was going to use this service recently until I found somewhere local (Lichfield in the Midlands) that made boxes to size - a decent sized box cost me £25.

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i've shipped skis just using copious amounts of bubblewrap and tape in the past. seemed to work ok
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy