Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol axial 120 power bindings SCREWS CUTTING TRIMMING

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, hope someone can help, My question is 'can ski binding screws be cut / trimmed down to size'? I was recently told that the tip of the screw is waht threads the new hole and by cutting it down will make the screw useless. Is this true? If not what sthe best way to cut them down?

Bindings are a pair of axial 120 power. Ideally i would like to buy new screws. If you guys know of anyone or place where the screws can be sourced please please forward details.

Im after 8 toe piece screws 18mm and 8rear screws at 11mm. The toe piece uses two different types of screws, i have pics if required.

Thanks in advance

[/img]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The screws I have had supplied with bindings are not self cutting type - if you cut them to length properly then they'd be exactly the same as they are now.

Any decent ski shop should be able to provide new screws of appropriate length.

I wouldn't bother cutting them down myself, I'd just get some new screws, but if you must cut them then careful use of a hacksaw and filing the cut end to match the current profile is about as good as you'll achieve unless you have a lathe to hand.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had this issue owing to needing to jack up the toepiece on my alpine bindings. I put quiverkiller inserts in the skis, which frees me up to use M5 machine screws of whatever length I need.

Alternatively:

http://www.slidewright.com/ski-binding-screws-and-inserts_133.html

may have what you want. They may not have the reduced head size you need hence you may still be in for some DIY.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gixxer600k7, I have cut screws down before and just shaped the end, a machine bench grinder is useful for the shaping. If you start off the holes with a uncut screw then it should be fine or just tap them.

The old axial 1 (i think that is what the power bindings are?) the toe is identical to the current toe units, so the screws will be the same, its just the heel that is different.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy