Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Santa has been early-new skis arrived today.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After my atomics finally gave up the ghost last season I wanted a new pair of more piste orientated skis for this season. I've had a 3 year love affair with the Head Supershape Magnums in their different guises but never really 'needed' a new pair so held off. Anyhow a pre-loved pair came up and I managed to negotiate a price of only £200 + delievery. The seller sent loads of pictures and they looked as he described although I remained a bit dubious without being able to see them in the flesh. Well they landed this afternoon and I almost wee'd myself when I unwrapped them-they look like they've never been off the rack!

End result is I'm a very happy boy. They're 177's and about one of the best skis I've used in recent years, and will compliment my quiver brilliantly.

That is all snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grizwald, snowHead snowHead snowHead Now all you need is some nice cold white stuff.................
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grizwald, I`ve just picked up my new Head Titans, having used Magnums last year and having been amazed by them. I am a low intermediate, reasonably fit and with a hard manual job, and I found that the Magnums turned me into a much better skier, who actually started to think about his technique for once. They put a huge smile on my face, despite the poor varied conditions of last year. Got Titans as I would like to venture off the edge of the piste with a bit more confidence, so I hope that I have not made a mistake, having never skied them !! The waiting is the worst thing, is`nt it ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I'm heading up to the Glasgow fridge tomorrow but I think I'll save them until my first trip abroad.

cstreat, If I'm honest I was holding out for a pair of Titans but I've waited 6 months for a pair of 177's so when the Mags came up I decided to go for it. I have various skis including some fat off piste skis so I'm covered if good condtions present themselves! Out of 4 weeks last year I think I only got my fattie off pistes out twice.... I've not tried the Titans yet, I might demo a pair tomorrow and some Salamon BBR's just for a laugh!

As you get better you'll probably find that you will be able to ski a variety of skis in a variety of conditons. The Mags are well behaved enough that they won't run away with you so I suspect the Titans will be the same, you don't really feel the kick from the KERS until your carving out of the turn.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is my second year with the Titans, best ski I've ever owned. My talent runs out way before theirs.

Grizwald, Don't bother with the BBR, they're crap.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, I have to just to say I have....... Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grizwald wrote:
After my atomics finally gave up the ghost last season I wanted a new pair of more piste orientated skis for this season. I've had a 3 year love affair with the Head Supershape Magnums in their different guises but never really 'needed' a new pair so held off. Anyhow a pre-loved pair came up and I managed to negotiate a price of only £200 + delievery. The seller sent loads of pictures and they looked as he described although I remained a bit dubious without being able to see them in the flesh. Well they landed this afternoon and I almost wee'd myself when I unwrapped them-they look like they've never been off the rack!

End result is I'm a very happy boy. They're 177's and about one of the best skis I've used in recent years, and will compliment my quiver brilliantly.

That is all snowHead

Congratulations! Lovely to have a new addition to the family. You sound happy Smile
Lovely to hear a positive experience buying pre-loved kit, and esp to know how many people out there genuinely do look after their kit (and don't ski on gravel). Merry early Christmas!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy