Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing in Lyngen, Norway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know an alternative to Lyngen Lodge that you dont have to book as a group? Im not that bothered about high end luxury and would prefer to save some pennies instead, also not all the reviews of LL were very good, so just looking for other options to consider.
cheers for any info / suggestions
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Call this number; 0047 77 70 10 00 Its to the municipality of Lyngen, they will help you, and Im sure the speak excelent English
Nice trip to Lyngen and one of the best place for Alpine Touring Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the info - there is usually alternative ways for doing things - just can be tricky to track down sometimes. Anyone actua;ly know an company that runs trips?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here are a few options from google:

http://www.mountain-spirit-guides.com/ski-and-sail.asp

http://www.ascentdescent.com/winter/ski-touring-in-lyngen/

http://www.jmk-guide.fr/SKI-DE-RANDONNEE-ET-TREKKING/Ski_touring_in_Norway-Boat.html

We went to Lyngen Lodge a couple of years ago and it was an incredible experience! Highly recommended with brilliant terrain, incredible scenery, a fantastic lodge, great guiding and the Northern Lights thrown in for good measure (on 5 nights out of 7)

Sadly for us however (due to the cost) a once in a lifetime experience... We would love to go back to the area in the future - but would need to look at cheaper options.

All in all it's an area to add to every ski tourers to do list!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bitoffluff, various guides run trips to the Lyngen Alps, quite often boat-based. No specifics right now, but google should be your friend on that. (PS can highly recommend a boat-based week - was there in 2006 (?) and we had a great time with snow right down to the shoreline..)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done five trips up around Lyngen now, taken the Mrs on two of them!

All were boat based, but we also did other stuff, going to Riksgransen, where we did an afternoon heli, plus skied Narvik as well!

On our first trip another guide came along for the ride as it were. Philou is a La Grave guide, and I will never forget his comment to us. "if you're trying to find the best place in the world to ski, you might as well stop now".

I've uploaded a fair number of videos to youtube search Lyngen weathercam and this is an article I wrote for Planet Fear

http://www.planetfear.com/articles/Sail__Ski_in_Arctic_Norway_882.htm

In answer to your post we've come across people who rented a car in Tromso and then drive around, there is also a small hotel in Lyngseidet, so that's one way you could do it.

It was just above there that we bumped in to Mr Dynafit in quite bizarre circumstances, it was the son actually, I stay in contact with him and I have toured with Mr Dynafit senior, that was a day I had my legs torn off by guys in their late 60's!

My mate Per As another La Grave based guide does quite a few trips up there every year, but it is expensive!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy