Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI folk - What skis did you pass on?

Poster: A snowHead
Interested in what skis and dimensions you used for various levels?

Passed my L1 at XScape using Storm Infernos

Length - 165cm
Radius - 12.6m
Profile - 116/65/101
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did my Grade 3 (equiv of current L2) on a pair of K2 Fours - the original ones, not the IV. I think they were about 180cm with a turning radius so short that the previous year BASI wouldn't let you use them - I think it was 16m Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1985 - Dynastar Course GS - 207

Profile must've been about 70/70/70
Radius - Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Mrs has corrected me: her's were 178cm, mine were 193cm. Apparently the dimension were 99/65/88 - not that different from some skis today.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, I also did my L1 on a pair of Storm Infernos of the same length (if I remember correctly). I was at Hemel though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, Dynastar Course SL (with the Red blobs).. 195 cm for Grade 3 and then Rossi 7SV 190CM for Grade 2. Was a while ago tho' Hated the 7SVs with a passion - horrible things ! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Passed my L1 on K2 Enemy, 75mm under foot and the Level 2 on 179 Public Enemy, 80mm in the middle.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not BASI, but if it's relevant I passed the Austrian Anwaerter on Dynastar Legend 8000s (80mm).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
... generally over the years passed on Salomon 3V's but of course the off piste courses were not done on them (or the Eurotest!). I suggest detuned slalom'esque skis are best!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
L1 piste carvers; doing my level 2 on Slalom skis. (unless we get loads of snow and then I'll hire something fatter).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
L1 on whatever they gave me at xscape castleford, a good plough should be able to be done on any ski, its the same as the students Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Curtains, You do have a point there. The one time I had to use slope gear I was shocked at the standard of equipment that rentees are expected to use.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Curtains wrote:
L1 on whatever they gave me at xscape castleford, a good plough should be able to be done on any ski, its the same as the students Smile

That's a good idea - make all candidates and trainers up to and including L2 take exams on crappilly maintained rental boots and skis. Sort the wheat from the chaff.

kitenski - looks like no-ones going to say the Lhasa or even the DPS pure if you were looking for an excuse wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, lol, no I was more interested in what folk used for the L2 tbh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:
fatbob, lol, no I was more interested in what folk used for the L2 tbh

Friend of mine did his last year with ICE in Val; Most were on slalom skis or similar. Loads of Sally 3v's and 24 hours (some said the 24's were too soft).

I'm taking my Atomic SL's and will take advice / hire if it snows all the time....
snow report
L1 on a pair of Rossi 9X WC, L2 on Elan Magire 12 (similar to current Head Titans), most of L3 on Titans except for mountain safety (High Society Freerides) and coach courses (WC slalom and GS skis).
snow conditions
Foundation - Streetracer 10

L2 - Line Prophet 90s Toofy Grin rolling eyes
snow report
few years ago old L3, new L2? I have no idea, took a while. Public Enemys & Seths..
ski holidays
L1 on 170 Head Supershape Magnums
L2 on 165 Atomic SL Race.
All of L3 courses except Mountain Safety i.e. ADC1, Adaptive and Teach- currently on this module, on the 165 Atomics.
Planning on using either the 165 Atomics , 170 Salomon 24 Hours or Atomic GS TI 175 for my Level 3 Tech in Verbier in March.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy