Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OK, moved up from carving to all mountain skis - what to expect?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My old Dynastar X07's had to go (too many tunings - not bad though, as I got 150 days out of them!) so now I decided to move up into an all mountain ski, and got a super deal on a pair of Dynastar Legend Sultan 80's, which looks similar to the X07's, but are simply 10 mm wider everywhere, so the natural turning radius should be the same, but I'm wondering how the extra 10 mm will affect me.

I like groomed pistes, but whenever I can find some fresh cut (i.e., fresh powder that's been cut up a bit, leaving nice soft powder moguls), I tend to take it. I generally don't care for fresh powder as it's difficult, but I would like the capability of cutting through it easier - who knows, I may start to like it!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swampwiz, ski them and post a review. Saltans are a great ski (from what I've heard).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10 mm is not a huge difference, but combined with the improvement in ski technology, these should provide a nice upgrade and should make powder skiing somewhat easier. It might help to take a lesson or two, even if it is not in uncut powder as certain fundamentals do transfer over to other areas of skiing. Enjoy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like lessons would be more beneficial, as fresh untouched powder should be easy.

However, the Sultans are ace, especially in cut up snow and bumps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
However, the Sultans are ace, especially in cut up snow and bumps.

That's the reason I decided to go to a somewhat all-mountain ski rather than a strict carving one. As I usually buy a lower mid-grade carver, I'm hoping that a high-grade all-mountain can perform just as well on the pistes, while giving a great boost to soft powder skiing. When I hit upon a nice section of cut up and bumps that is just right, I like to take advantage of it - it's just that it is never known when and where it will be just right, although Overlode (& sometimes Collage) @ Copper Mountain, CO typically has such perfect conditions. I'm just hoping my groomed pisting won't be degraded. A lot of times, I just like to cruise (especially on the European scale vertical drops!) snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy