Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trouble selecting the right skis, any help appreciated

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

so a little about my skiing first of all! i have been skiing 3-4 weeks a year for 6 years and did a season last year, its always tough to explain your ability but im a very confident skier at high speeds on and off piste. skiing with very very good skiers for the first five years and then with the best of the locals last season! i prefer off piste but never really did any park freestyle trick type skiing, mainly because i failed every time which i found pretty annoying considering my off season hobbies. that was until i borrowed my friends salomon ten eighty spks for two weeks last year, they were unbelievably light and it completely changed everything, with in two weeks 360s, back flips were being landed. i know some say the weight of the ski should not be a factor but in my case weighing a pathetic 55kg it really does! so i trying to find light weight all mountain twin tip skis, that will not fall apart after a season. i have looked at a lot of skis but all seem to have mixed reviews.

any help/suggestions would be great thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
You will note that I have no previous posts- I didn't like my old name so re-registered!

Well I have a little more experience in terms of amount/years skiing and I too did a ski season. I also looked hard into which ski would take me to the next level. It's difficult living in the UK and having the opportunity to test skis as there are so many skis out there and a handful of really good ones.

I short listed the Armada TST, Zag Slap and WhiteDot Directors.

I can't really say what clinched it for me but I punted for the Slaps, which are twin tipped and have reverse camber, moreover Snow and Rock are now stocking them,essentailly rubber stamping this Zag model. I was really interested in the TST another progressive designed ski with non standard rocker but the graphics were too out of whack for my liking.

Of course everyone has there own opinion and there are many factors which influence how much you will get out from your ski, but for start I thinks its worth having a look at these three.

Best of luck in your search!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take a look at the Moment PB&J
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
travelmike wrote:
trying to find light weight all mountain twin tip skis, that will not fall apart after a season. i have looked at a lot of skis but all seem to have mixed reviews.

You'll only ever get mixed reviews on lighweight skis as at least some reviewers will find they lack the heft to be great in all conditions e.g. heavy chop. Only when you get into the mega money of pure carbon etc does that begin to change. You might consider getiing a quiver - a lightweight disposable park pair and something burlier for real all mountain skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much for your reply and more so for your input, luckily i have never been influenced by skis in terms of graphics so i will look at the three you mentioned. if any others spring to mind please let me know.

thanks again
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
also what do you think of line skis? the prophet flights in partiular?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Certain twin tips are offered in a lightweight version e.g.

http://lineskis.com/skis/prophet-flite
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Line Prophet 100s (not tried the Flites) are excellent skis on and off piste. Only thing they don't like is serious hardpack. The similar Line Blend would probably be a better Park ski though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks everyone for your idea, please keep them coming asap, i have to order them in the morning
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.sport-conrad.com/park_pipe_ski/12/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy