Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gear Logistics Made Easy!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helly Snowheads!

My name is Jose Alberto Lopez, and I am a master’s student in France. About one month ago I shared a post asking you for help answering some questions for my team’s master’s thesis with a focus on “the inefficiencies of ski gear logistics”. We received some amazing feedback from some of you guys which not only allowed us to conclude our research but made us realize that there might be space for a new type of ski gear logistics service. After working on it for the past couple of weeks, we have come up with a proposition.

If you own your ski gear and ski in The French Alps, please check out our newly finished website with our service proposition! We would be super grateful if you could engage with it and provide some feedback! Is this something you would be interested in?

Winterlocker.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spammer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't have skis (just boots), so not really of much interest to me. I do however have a few observations on the website

1) In some places you say you'll pick up the skis and in others that "leave your gear in any of our partner shops" - which isn't consistent. If you deliver/collect but add a charge - then say so
2) In the points (2 & 3) you repeat "your gear clean, waxed, tuned," - you really only need to say it once
3) The hyperlinks for both the solo and family skier lead to the same page - doesn't really tell me anything about why I as a solo (or family) need to know that's different
4) The section "Reduce Your Ski Trip’s Carbon Footprint2 - all great statements BUT what has that got to do with your prime business (storing the skis)?
5) Step by step - step 1 "Subscribe to our service". Nope that just sounds like an email harvester - Personally, I wouldn't touch it
6) Step by step - step 4- " leave your gear in your resort" at my hotel? see point (1)
7) Pricing - get your currencies consistent (Euros or dollars)
8 ) Pricing - doesn't seem to work for me. You need to show what would be saved and don't cheat. PS I'd make each trip a week

I think that will do Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thank you, @skitrack! Will make adjustments
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jalopez90, pretty impressive to have set this all up after only doing that survey about a month ago!

Anyway, I see you like a subscriber to contact you to discuss the offering and their needs to see if it would work, so I will assume you have some written t&cs for the service?

A few things I cant tell from the website that I would think important to know - a bit more detail about your delivery service (would you deliver to a third party like a hotel where I would arrive , as would want the skis there waiting for me, not me waiting for the skis). Do you insure the skis whilst in your possession?

I would question your having an instagram and linkedin links when you have nothing there, looks a bit dodgy/amateurish. Also your choice of photo in About Us worries me, would I trust my gear to these young guys having a wee wee up? Would they use my skis whilst they had them?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy