Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal's half-board meal falls short of description!

Poster: A snowHead
James the Last wrote:
snowymum wrote:
Assuming the original post is correct Crystal could have put a little asterix in their brochure to say if you get flight x the meal will be ...

Wouldn't the wings have stuck out from the side of the brochure?

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The real issues here - which differentiate this from almost every other snowHeads whingeathon are that:
1) The OP is complaining about the holiday before it actually has happened.
2) The T&Cs already covered the eventuality.
3) Going into an experience with a negative attitude like this isn't going to make anyone any happier.
4) Stanton is on her side so she is wrong... Wink
5) When you post on the internet asking for people's support - you don't get to choose what their response will be
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monium and others. The OP is going to a HOTEL not a CHALET. I know it's difficult for some people on here to grasp, but not everyone who goes skiing, takes a Chalet Holiday and not everyone skis in France either! Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-12-11 14:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Damn it, I got sucked in, I lose! Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoat of the dead, and of course nothing to do with maybe just commencing a thread to get a link to her own site to help the old SEO along -

All very amusing as you would have thought that she of all people should be very chilled and relaxed about life as her whole ethos is as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and integrative Counsellor Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 1-12-11 15:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, I've had posts pulled for less. Just saying.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are some funny posts on this thread but Weathercam, you're out of order. For a start signatures don't appear on the public searchable site so don't make one jot of difference to search rankings. Apart from people like you who click on links...

You need to remove your post.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
He's only presenting information freely available from a link in her own signature.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobmcstuff, Absolutely. And I agree. I also couldn't give a flying monkey who the OP is or how bonkers she is. I'm only saying I've had posts removed and an inbox full of threatening PM's for less....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam There's fun & sport and then there's getting personal. I strongly suspect your post will get pulled but you might reconsider first.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy, chill..............

The fact is she has this as her Sig

Get the mind right...the body will follow!
CDs & downloads for Nervous Horse Riders & Skiers

That could be deemed to be "pimping" your own site for your own commercial purposes.

So I clicked on the link and found the subject matter to be somewhat ironic - just have a look down the left hand column

Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm a nervous skier, I'm shiting bricks that there is no snow and I'm flying in less than 4 weeks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam, I'm glad you edited your post. It was much too personal even if that information is available on her website she links to. You need to take a step back from this IMO. It's not funny.

Winterhighland wrote:
The OP is going to a HOTEL not a CHALET. I know it's difficult for some people on here to grasp, but not everyone who goes skiing, takes a Chalet Holiday and not everyone skis in France either!

Laughing and yes, you did lose. Toofy Grin I feel like posting it every other post. And I don't even agree with the OH's disagreement about the meal!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Resorts & The Ski Industry have been ripping visitors off for the last 35yrs+ especially the last 15 with influx of mass bucket shop ski tourism.

Austrians & others have become fabulously wealthy.

You should not put up with this s h i t . Learn something from the Germans Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What, how to lose wars?
snow report
homers double, well they did crush the Dutch and try and starve them to death... so they weren't all bad... wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
homers double, stoat of the dead,

Your all been taken for a ride by the Ski Industry & the Germans now are dictating your financial & economic survival Very Happy
ski holidays
Suck my balls, I'm driving to the resort, renting private and I run ski's, boots etc that were free*

Being taken for a ride is costing me very little.

*free doesn't mean old, battered and abused wink
ski holidays
I think this is a wonderful thread - it's often the small things in life (and our response to them) that enables us to get a "view" on ourselves, our fellow humans, life, the world etc.

I decided long ago not to fight the "small" battles in life - if you do, you will be endlessly exhausted as they spring-up everywhere. And I take a practical view: if the deal is "very good value for money" (ie: cheap), then I'm going to let smaller "events" slip through the net without fighting them.

And there are other practicalities to consider; almost everything a holiday company offers has caveats, and they can't list all of these in big headlines or add endless asterisks and footnotes.

And then there is the practical response - best to let it just wash all over you and enjoy the holiday (unless they really start to take the mickey) and then email them after the holiday (if you are still bothered).

As for the poster's profession, it's said that "you teach best what you most need to learn yourself" Smile
snow conditions
PeDaSp, give us a drag on that spliff please dude Smile
latest report
It's the "spliff of experience", it never goes out, and I take a deep drag every 5 mins Smile

Oh what a Hippy I am...
snow conditions
PeDaSp, you are Bhudda and I claim my 5 baht
ski holidays
Nick bread n stuff from the breakfast buffet for sarnies; that should make up for it.
ski holidays
just a thought.... what about all the people in the world who never get a hot meal, or a meal for that matter....kind of puts it in perspective!!
latest report
Arriving late in quite a posh hotel in Crans Montana I was delighted to receive a delicious cold platter - which several other guest envied. As I said earlier to the OP, you'll be fine.
snow report
stoat of the dead wrote:
The real issues here - which differentiate this from almost every other snowHeads whingeathon are that:
1) The OP is complaining about the holiday before it actually has happened.
2) The T&Cs already covered the eventuality.
3) Going into an experience with a negative attitude like this isn't going to make anyone any happier.
4) Stanton is on her side so she is wrong... Wink
5) When you post on the internet asking for people's support - you don't get to choose what their response will be
Can't fault that! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
just a thought.... what about all the people in the world who never get a hot meal, or a meal for that matter....kind of puts it in perspective!!
-it does indeed,absolutely agree.
latest report
snowbandit wrote:
CEM wrote:
-it does indeed,absolutely agree.
By that token you shouldn't be skiing at all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
all together now...

Feeeeed the wor-ld, do they know it's sking time...
ski holidays
Four * hotel - should be doing hot meals (of sorts) round the clock, though maybe as room service after a certain time. That's why it's a 4* hotel! Quartztal seem not prepared to pay the extra, and I think you do have a point. It's not a caseof Quartztal being cheaper overall - it's what they promised to pay as part of the contract.
snow conditions
bobmcstuff wrote:
What he said /\

If you want first class service, pay first class prices - don't go with Crystal in the first place!

I went on a trip with Crystal last year and absolutely couldn't fault the service; the chalet hosts were terrific; the food excellent; the reps attentive and the transfers worked - we even had a brand new 53 seater coach for about 11 on the way out of GVA!

Oh and they'd organised a good base of snow across the resort, a couple of over night top-ups and blazing sunshine every day...

Great work Crystal!
snow conditions
I'm staggered this this is still running....I last commented a couple of days ago(I think),but as everyone is still pitching in.........
bertie bassett, I will be with Crystal at Xmas.....in a chalet in Austria.Have to say the pics don't exactly look chalet like,but hey,I can always complain wink But I wont...and why?
Because I am going skiing,and thats enough.It helps that I got full board,half price lift passes and the room of choice...all at an excellent price Very Happy The snow cover is a bit iffy at the moment,but it will come good.I think of myself as a realist in most things.So long as they dont starve,or poison,me...and the room is warm,that will do.Crystal do what they do,which is move thousands to the mountains each season.As with all TO's,there are occasional frays around the edges but,on the whole,they do a good job IMHO.I'm a seasoned DIY'er,but not adverse to a bargain if I spot one...and I did Very Happy

One of the best 'all in's' I ever had was with Crystal.As I recall,it was described as 'chalet style' Confused which turned out to be two linked apartments in a large block(Valmorel).There were 5 of us in each apartment,and both groups had a personel chef! They were a couple,and we had the man.Lets just say,at first sight,he looked like a pikey Shocked Soon discovered he was an ex Merchant Navy cook,and boy,could he cook.He was awesome...and cooked up a feast every day.His wife did the afternoon cakes,so good you could almost cry!
Lesson learnt....dont pre-judge and give people a chance to shine snowHead
latest report
Right.

When I-were-a-lad we went on 'olidays wit Crystal Ski 'every year.

First a limo would collect us from 'pit and take us to airport. Then a twin-engined Bell Ranger 'elicoptor would whisk us to luxury chalet wit 10 bedrooms, swimming pool, 2 chefs on call 24 hours a day for tripe and onions, 2 maids and it's own corner pub from Bolton - dismantled and re-assembled in 'Alps.

Then every day, 'British Army would clear slopes of Johnny foreigner with field guns meant for avalanche clearance; and Crystal Ski would fly in extra snow from Greenland if it was a bit thin.

I don't know what 'yer complaining 'bout.
ski holidays
sharon1953, p1$s in the sink and wipe your a£$e on the curtains and valance all week, and then bask smugly to yourself in glow when you leave.

(obviously this is a joke)
snow conditions
Such a timely topic!

So, what would you all say to a 7 day cruise that was delivered as 2 day cruise and 5 days of bus tour? Puzzled
snow conditions
Is the rep in the bus hot? Razz
ski holidays
Where's Beadle then ?
snow report
All this thread is missing, is Jeremy Clarkson... Maybe shooting is a good idea after all. Jeeze... Life's too short. rolling eyes
latest report
If only we could have thread combination.

All we need now is Crystal to be sub-contracted (ahem, sorry, informally arranged for mutual benefit) to provide a member of staff (er, sorry, volunteer) to "ski all season for free" for Nixmap, and then serve him a cold platter for late arrival when he gets down to his gaff every Friday night..... wink
snow report
oz5000 wrote:
sharon1953, p1$s in the sink and wipe your a£$e on the curtains and valance all week, and then bask smugly to yourself in glow when you leave.

(obviously this is not a joke)

Its been done before.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy