Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why aren't there many UK Rossignol Stockists?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm doing some research into some possible new skis to upgrade to and have found a few possibles that look like they hit all the right notes. Some of which are this years Rossignol experience range. I've always understood Rossignol to be a decent ski manufacturer that produce well thought of skis. Certainly, looking on the Skis.com video reviews from the US, they seem to be cracking skis.
Yet there seem to be very few UK stockists. Brighams seems to have all the usual high end, fat waist, big profit margin stock with various independents having a bit more variety, but hardly any seem to be interested in stocking Rossignol.

Is it just a marketing thing? Do Rossi sell enough units in France to not need to promote heavily in the UK?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All down to the distributor, Rossignol terms may not be as good these days. Depends on what discount offered to retailers on hardware and soft wear (which has lots more profit) whether you can rely on the kit turning up, returns ete. and the credit offered; you buy loads of kit and pay for it so much a month; some distributors terms are not as good for your shop range so you choose the one which will give you the most profit. Not a reflection on quality or greatness of product just marketing, or lack of it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shootingmike, The UK is often described as "a boot market". Rossi boots not as popular as Salomon, Head etc so, if you're not stocking the boots, you're unlikely to stock the skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossignol Zenith. Blush

That's all I've really got to add I'm afraid. Hope that helps. Laughing wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and Rock sell Rossignol, but Ellis Brigham don't. It can only be a commercial decision between the distributor and retailer, nothing to do with the quality or popularity of Rossignol skis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
exactly
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gone are the days of shops selecting two or three brands and buying the whole range from them, we now cherry pick the best products from each brand that we want to deal with and make up a range that way, on rossignol for example we carry three of their upper end boots as they fill gaps in our range along side the Lange models on the wider version of the same last in different flexes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're in S London (Tolworth/SUrbiton), Europa SKi Lodge sell selected Rossi's:

http://www.europaskilodge.co.uk/ski-equipment/skis/rossignol-skis.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What do Rossi make anyway? Lange make their boots, Dynastar their skis, Quicksilver their clothes and Look their bindings.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
frenchst, "you too!" Thought I just had a dodgy pair!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i think that youll find that Rossignol make their own skis, and as they own Lange/Dynastar/Look and Geze then i guess youd say it was the other way round Cool not connected with Quicksilver anymore since the management buyout after Quicksilver were losing pots of Dollars....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
iskar, might need to get some of the facts squared up a little

the Rossignol Group consists of rossignol, dynastar, look, Lange et al .....the decent top end boots are all made in the lange factory, they share the same lasts at that end of the market, all the freeride / race models are a lange last and they swap the colours and logos around, the bindings are re badged look bindings and the skis come from a mixture of sources
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shootingmike, If you are still looking for Rossi's, you could try Winter Shack in Dundee - they also have an ebay shop: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Skis-/16062/i.html?rt=nc&Brand=Rossignol&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_ssn=winter_shack&
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy