Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teko Sock Sizes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

How much stretch is there in Teko socks? I'm thinking of getting a pair or two but unsure whether medium or large is the right size for a UK 8.5. I like lightweight, well fitted socks which don't sag, wrinkle or change shape too much over time. I'm considering the Merino Ultralight sock.

Appreciate your suggestions!

Cheers,

Hank.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the same foot size as you and I have those socks in a large and they fit really well; no sagging or wrinkling. I'd normally say my feet were not large (they aren't!), but the L seems to fit perfectly in this case.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hank, You sit right on the boarder line, they say that a medium goes up to a 7.5 uk but if you have slim foot it will fit an 8.5 without much trouble, big, high volume foot then go for the large
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your suggestions. I have wide feet but narrow heels out of proportion to the width. Socks which are too big tend to sag around the heel. So all things considered medium or large ?!

I love that the interweb enables me to post questions about the finer details of a pair of socks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I have narrow feet, and like I said the large are fine for me. Given you have narrow but also wide feet I'd go for large. If you are worried why not buy one pair now and if they don't fit carefully fold them back up and give them away as a Christmas gift:-)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sah wrote:
Well, I have narrow feet, and like I said the large are fine for me. Given you have narrow but also wide feet I'd go for large. If you are worried why not buy one pair now and if they don't fit carefully fold them back up and give them away as a Christmas gift:-)

There is an idea!!!

My money would actually be on the medium, the teko socks will stretch a little (when we use them fir fitting they get all sorts of stuff put inside gem and stretched over the foot) what they won't do is shrink...not even if you boil wash them...we have tried, the fibres get a bit scratching and locked together but they come back to life with a bit of pulling
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks CEM and sah. I went with both your suggestions: bought a size medium then tried them on carefully so not to spoil their Christmas gift potential! I'm pleased to say they fit ok.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am size 8 and bought, this week, 2 pairs of Teko Medium socks medium size. I am a bloke but bought womens socks as the price was really good. Received and tried them on today and they fit my feet very well....Thanks Colin for your advice on my "cold feet..." thread.
HTH
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy