Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ambulance in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
If anyone sees one can they post where and when...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowvixen, Has this got anything to do with

http://www.yodelmagazine.com/if-you-read-emergency-emergency-read-this.html

???

Ps welcome to snowHead 's
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowvixen, ..there was a case of a guy in the peaks who passed himself off as a qualified medic...can't remember the name now....it's a recognised syndrome, with a large number of people in the States continuing to pretend that they were in special units when it has been proved that they were not. Odd stuff.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did see a British ambulance parked outside a chalet in La Turche area of Les Gets for a while last winter - weren't able to work out why it was there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pamski, stealth camper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, Yes - we did wonder if it had been missed by the NHS as it didn't look as if it was an ambulance that had been sold on.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, Keep us posted if you see again. please
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowvixen, Are you the police?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowvixen, why?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowvixen, Could I courteously point out that,if you want help,a 'please' and 'thank you' might help your cause rolling eyes If,as I suspect,your request involves something of a sensitive nature? perhaps you should PM admin with details?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowskisnow, Please........sorry just did the 1st post in a hurry!!! Also did get please in the 2nd time! It's not sensitive just noseyness.

skid & slide, No not the police just curious and slightly pissed off (but that's another story which I will tell when we locate it!)

It is related to
Quote:
snowvixen, Has this got anything to do with

http://www.yodelmagazine.com/if-you-read-emergency-emergency-read-this.html

Just a very odd situation and wondering where and when it will pop up again. Maybe just to give any other unsuspecting snowHeads who are running businesses in the French Alps a 'heads up' ......
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mmmmmm interesting, heard of ambulance chasing but this is a whole new slant on it

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 28-11-11 10:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
does Snowheads have a massive insurance policy and millions to pay compensation, if not, may I suggest potentially libelous posts like this are considered twice before being continued.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowvixen, I can't wait for the full story.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Standee wrote:
does Snowheads have a massive insurance policy and millions to pay compensation, if not, may I suggest potentially libelous posts like this are considered twice before being continued.

I assume you feel the the single hyperlink is libellous? Worst case scenario here is that snowheads is requested, and then ordered to take down the offending thread. There's no content here. Don't encourage paranoia; this isn't the US.
snow report
Serriadh wrote:
Standee wrote:

I assume you feel the the single hyperlink is libellous? Worst case scenario here is that snowheads is requested, and then ordered to take down the offending thread. There's no content here. Don't encourage paranoia; this isn't the US.

no paranoia, just think threads like this are devicie and potentially dangerous

just an opinion
snow report
....and even if there is comment if its expressed as personal opinion on a story elsewhere it's hard to see how this creates a strong case for defamation etc. If participants do not comment on commercial interests then there is very little to comment on. Personally if Yodel is reporting facts entirely correctly and objectively it seems to me all a bit fishy - anyone care to explain the back story in more detail?

If there's any objection is that snowvixen is using snowheads as traffic generation for her own content or as sources on the cheap.
ski holidays
You are suggesting that it is a terrible idea to even link to material that might be controversial. As if it is only safe to do such a thing if you have millions to back up a lawsuit! There's not even a discussion of the content of the linked article here!

I rather like the phrase 'chilling effect', and this is a nice example of it.
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
If there's any objection is that snowvixen is using snowheads as traffic generation for her own content or as sources on the cheap.

Yeah, this.
snow conditions
Has anyone ever actually sued over anything posted on this site? It's been nearly 8 years and I don't think so. Can't see anything problematic about this thread.

I remember reading about a bloke who had his white 4x4 all plastered with dayglo orange stripes and Paramedic stuff. He had the uniform and all the equipment. He turned up at events, assisted people. Trouble is, as it later turned out, he wasn't qualified or insured to do any of it. He hit the papers cos he was on long term sick leave, claiming allowances etc and meantime out pretending to be a paramedic. You hear about people pretending to be doctors and nurses too (and I'm not talking about kids playing).

snowvixen, if you know the name of the individual, try contacting the BPA (British Paramedic Association) https://www.collegeofparamedics.co.uk/home/ - might be on their database.
snow report
Yodel here...

In brief the story goes as follows...

We met a representative of International Ambulances a couple of months ago in Morzine - he explained the nature of his business to us and although we thought it sounded too good to be true, he had all of the required documentation to support his activities AND an ambulance.

Yodel became suspicious of International Ambulances last week when a number of local residents voiced their concerns to us.

We met with the representative of International Ambulances here in Morzine on Friday to challenge him on the complaints made by local people about his service, his behaviour and the legalities of his business.

Yodel were unsatisfied with his response so we alerted the relevant authorities. Later on Friday afternoon the representative of International Ambulances, one Danny Simpson, left his accommodation in Morzine having cleared all of his belongings. He has not been seen since.

Because a large number of local people, including chalet owners had spoken with International Ambulances with a view to providing emergency and medical care this winter, we felt the responsible thing, whether libellous or not, was to share our findings (rather than any speculation) with the local community, public safety being our main concern. Hence our web article on Saturday.

We're now working with the Foreign Office, the British Consulate and other UK and French authorities. In the meantime, we'd suggest that if you need medical treatment, whether emergency or general in Morzine or the surrounding area, you use the amazing French medical system.
snow conditions
There was a ruling recently that you could not prosecute someone for having a hyperlink on a website which links to a potentially libellous article. Might have been in the States rather than UK. I'll see if I can find out/remember more, as it might be useful for snowHeads to know
snow conditions
Ah - it was in Canada http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15374238

Quote:
The Supreme Court of Canada has unanimously ruled that online publications cannot be found liable for linking to defamatory material.
ski holidays
According to a cached page on Google, they were also in Valfrejus.
ski holidays
and according to their cached website, "indiscrepancies" is a word. And don't get me started on the punctuation! Their first casualty of the season is the English language.
latest report
If this is Danny Simpson who is missing 2 fingers, I believe on his left hand. He sued the NHS because he said the reason he lost his finger was their neglect. But what really happened was he never looked after it and we even have CCTV footage of him out the night his finger was skin grafted. He got £18000 compensation which helped him pay for his ambulance. As for his paramedic job he was thrown out of the ambulance service for lying and stealing goods from the NHS. Also I am a body modification artist in Scotland and I did some work for Danny which in return he got me a medical trolley which after a year I found out he hadn't paid for the trolley and had also got himself more medical supplies and billed my company. Does anyone know if he's been caught? Also I know his parents still live in a village called Keith in Scotland. But he also goes by the name Danny Dempsey.
snow report
Shocked

And, er, welcome to snowHeads T2FRK ..... Confused
snow report
Blimey, what a carry on! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy