Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Empty Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a whole afternooon skiing the empty slopes of Southampton Alpine centre wink The only lift queue of the day was when my smallest daughter held the queue up while she had a swig from her bottle of juice left on the cushions. Very Happy
I can thoroughly reccomend the Dendix hills of Southampton at this time of year Very Happy

Websitehere
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, what's the lift like at Southampton ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, there's one short underpowered drag which struggles, and a main drag which seems to work OK. I haven't been there for nearly a year, so this may be out of date.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was wondering how it compared to Christchurch
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, I'm not familiar with Christchurch, but they're pretty standard poma-type things.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If only we had a one in Jersey !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, as Alastair, says there are two full size poma lifts at Soton, one is very slow (walking pace) used for teaching and serves the Nursery slopes. The other is a full size full speed self service poma.
If Xchurch pff slope facilities and could be matched with soton slopes and lifts it would be brilliant! Very Happy

We didnt go to xchurch because of the lift and cost. Yesterday the choice was Soton £7.00 for 2 hours Xchurch £11.00 for an hour.

(Taking Wife and 2 daughters the additional Southampton bonus for them was we could go on to West Quay for Lunch and then shopping rolling eyes )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin,

We must have had a good day out Stroppy trainee teenager has just emerged from her room to ask if we can go to the dry slope again next week Shocked There then followed some discussion as to whether she fell off the lift or was pushed by her Mum Toofy Grin

I'm keeping out of it Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, week days I think you can still ski all morning or all afternoon for the price of 1 hours evening skiing, I'm only going to the evening coaching sessions because they work out to be much better value than the free skiing, I do hate the Christchurch lift though Mad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, Yes, you can but NOT in the school Holidays! Sad

I have never met anyone with a good thing to say about that lift!
I skiied there before it was fully open, the cafe bar shop nursery slopes etc all came later and the guy that 'owned' it, an Austian I think , said that the lift was tempoary untill they could afford a proper one! That was 15+ (/) years ago!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah yes, empty slopes!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Ahh yes that sort of makes sense, If they could just do something about the lift it would make all the difference as the slope itself is not bad and the off slope bar etc. is very good, staff training is an issue though, not once in I forget how many years has anyone changed the DIN settings on the bindings of their hire skis, last time I went down there the girl issuing the skis didn't even know how to adjust the hire bindings to fit my boots Shocked

I think the original owner may have left, I use to see him arround quite a bit but I havn't seen him for the last 2 years, also they've made quite a few changes so that there is now an Arcade with electronic games and a pool table adjacent to the bar and a conference facility downstairs with a smaller one upstairs, plus they've significantly improved the upstairs part of their shop
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy