Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
@bar shaker, thanks - that is all really helpful
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John wrote:
@bar shaker,

Quote:

We understand the risks and we are insured for skiing off piste without a guide.

Never the less, any level of insurance is null and void on a closed piste, unless you can prove that you entered the closed piste from off-piste, which it doesn't sound like you did. Like you I'm fully kitted up and avi aware, tour far back country frequently and gone down all the couloirs, but ducking the rope to ski a closed piste is a big fat no no under any circumstances.

It's an interesting point that I hadn't considered. I would normally agree that a closed piste is out of bounds, but when 2/3rds of the pistes have yet to open I consider them to be unopened (so off-piste) rather than closed.

We were joining both closed pistes (Piste S and Rhone Alpes) from off piste (off both sides of Plan M) but on Saturday Plan M was also closed and the only way to access it was past the rope just after the Solais gondola.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar shaker, as you know it's all about risk assessment. I've seen people ducking the rope & cross the bridge to go down a closed triffolet, which is a suicide attempt if ever there was one. At the top of OK/Orange you have the risk of a slide hitting from Spatule above, but below that it's relatively (emphasise the relatively) safe. Agree that the temptation of lapping untracked trees down there is strong, but personally I apply the worst case scenario & consider closed pistes to be out of bounds. Also my better half would slaughter me if she ever found out.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John wrote:
@bar shaker, as you know it's all about risk assessment. I've seen people ducking the rope & cross the bridge to go down a closed triffolet, which is a suicide attempt if ever there was one. At the top of OK/Orange you have the risk of a slide hitting from Spatule above, but below that it's relatively (emphasise the relatively) safe. Agree that the temptation of lapping untracked trees down there is strong, but personally I apply the worst case scenario & consider closed pistes to be out of bounds. Also my better half would slaughter me if she ever found out.

Totally!

Triffolet is an interesting one and somewhere I haven't been for years. It's either an unpisted mogul fest or an avi waiting to happen. If you saw our car park last year, there is no way you would go near it when it's closed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Someone else who thought it was ok to duck a rope, no reason to close that piste it looks fine , right ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/18/father-daughter-killed-french-alps-avalanche-val-disere
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@jean claude mont blanc, I think you miss understand the nature of the Espace Killy opening. The resort opens gradually, with more and more pistes opening around this time, as they get enough snow. Plan M and the two blacks had not opened, because there was not enough snow to ski to the end of them... before the snow of last weekend. Part of this reason was that the snow cannons at the bottom have had their water feed damaged and they needed a significant dump of snow to open. To show this, although I ducked under the rope of Plan M on Saturday, before the storm really hit, on Monday when the resort re-opened Plan M was opened for the first time this season. The two black runs both re-join Plan M further down.

The deaths you link to were at a well known risk area and that piste is often closed for avalanche risk reason. The risk is from the snow on the top of the Signal d'Iseran cliffs, near the piste, not from the area beside the piste. You would never see it coming.

The father and daughter killed were with the mother, who was behind them and missed the avalanche. At the time it was reported that the mother had asked if they could take that piste, not knowing the risks. The family were not carrying any safety equipment and the mother said they didn't intend to be off piste. It was a tragic event, but not the same as what I chose to do.

If you aren't happy with the risks, or aren't in a position to assess them, stay on open pistes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm, hope this off piste versus closed piste debate doesnt turn into a "who can pee highest up the wall contest"!!
I would love to read the policy terms and conditions which gave rise to the claim "any insurance is null and void on a closed piste", and also interested to know what proof would be acceptable to the High Court of Snowheads that entry to a closed piste did not involve jumping a rope? Puzzled Puzzled
for example, would sliding around the edge of such a closure let you off the hook, or if you saw a rope closure "from a distance" would that bar you from being able to claim if the worst happened?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess it's probably best to ask the piste patrol and lift company what they think ,after a chat with your insurance provider.

Snowornever is right ,I'm off to pee up a wall
I'm 6' 4 " will be standing on a box and wearing platform boots , I have been drinking tea all day and have built up a huge pressure so will post results if anyone is interested
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh ...before I have a wee, this might keep things rolling on

From Dogtag website

It is your responsibility to ensure that on any particular day you are aware of and obey local advice, information and instructions given by the resort authorities and that you obey any signs and information you encounter on the mountain - the source of this information will vary resort to resort and country to country and it is your responsibility to find out. If a section is marked 'closed' there will be a very good reason for it (e.g. high avalanche danger) and ignoring such signs or advice may invalidate your cover. You should be aware that under the terms of cover, needless self-exposure to peril except in an endeavour to save human life may invalidate your cover
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bar shaker,

As Dr John says a closed piste is NOT off piste.

A closed piste is deemed to be unsafe by the authorities, I doubt if there is an insurance company who would cover you on a closed piste.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
last year we skied down the laughingly classed blue run piste L or should that be piste hell. it was an icy mogul field and not very wide, because it was a blue run people quite rightly thought it was an easy run home, but when we skied down it it was just a sea of bodies sliding wildly out of control, we consequently heard that 10 people had broken bones in an half hour period, when we went around again the ropes were up and the piste was closed, if a blue run skier decided to duck under that rope he would have been in serious trouble.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
He he, I remember taking my kids down Piste L back in 2000, they were 8 and 6. We had done Trolles and Santons the day before. They loved it!

Local knowledge helps a lot...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
welshflyer wrote:
A closed piste MAY HAVE BEEN deemed to be unsafe by the authorities, I doubt if there is an insurance company who would cover you on a closed piste.

jean claude mont blanc wrote:
ignoring such signs or advice MAY invalidate your cover.

The dogtag advice says (I paraphrase) "if you get caught in an avalanche off piste you may have failed to obey local advice so your cover may have been invalidated". You don't have to be on a closed piste to invalidate your insurance through stupidity/ignorance/"needless self-exposure to peril".

But frankly, who cares about insurance when off piste - it's a red herring. All that matters is whether or not you are alive, not whether or not they will pay to rescue your dead body. You can always pay for rescue if your insurance company decides they didn't cover you. Yes, I know it might be "somewhat" expensive, but you could pay for it. What you can't pay for is a return ticket from being dead, which is why it isn't the insurance that should be stopping you from going off piste/under the rope.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I managed to pee nearly up to the ceiling. Slightly higher than normal ceiling height so approximately 2.6 meters high ,how did you get on
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right I dont think I am going to get involved in this one apart from to say stay safe, you are dealing with mother nature, if in doubt, dont and there are inherent risks all the time in this sport everywhere - try and work out ways to minimise them! Although I will say compostcorner that the reason the piste was closed later on will be the time of the day and the avalanche danger from above onto the piste not to do with how tricky it might be! Oh and btw the way davidof this hotel that is being built is simply replacing a hotel that was there before so no-one behind this built will be surprised when they re-lose-out on their views!

A VERY rare day

With the kids off at school / creche Clare and I had a very rare ski together... when I say that people are always amazed that I dont get out skiing for myself very often... well as I always say when you do get time off in the job you have all the 'normal' things in life to do from shopping to paperwork... and on top of that time out of ski boots is welcome of course! Besides my enjoyment is teaching others so all in all when I'm not working I rarely get out there and even more rarely to both Clare and I get a chance to ski together.

So anyway Clare and I went for a ski together... partly to find some nice snow and partly so Clare and I could share some off piste route trips with each other!

We did descents on plenty of the classics as well as some nice secret stashes we both know about and we found some really nice snow it has to be said! We had had about 5cm of fresh snow overnight so the old tracks that are about have been softened and filled in nicely over the last 24 hours. Furthermore to that much of the snow that was slightly less than perfect before has now dried out so pretty much the whole mountain was in tip top condition!

We had a nice lunch (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) at Hibou (amazing duck with noodles etc) and then had a quiet afternoon at home before picking the kids up.

Weather wise it was another nice day (but chilly) and the same conditions should be around tomorrow before the snow moves back in on Sunday / later tomorrow night! Talking of tomorrow we have a ski school meal and evening out tomorrow night so I am not sure what time I will get my blog in tomorrow - we shall see!

Some photos to finish of with today which reflects what it was like up there.

A powder bowl ready to ski!

His and her tracks!!!

The Tete du Solaise restaurant / hotel redevelopment really is getting closer to finish now - the other half of the complex will be completed next Summer!

TTFN
snow conditions
So, just be ready to drag yourself off the closed piste onto the off piste and await rescue?
Unless buried of course!
As James comments no substitute for the right skill set for assessing risk and training and a good chunk of luck
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, thanks Steve- quite relieved for the thread to return to normal service! wink

So nice that you and Clair has some rare time together.

Looking forward to seeing you in January. Have a great Christmas with the kids.
snow conditions
lynnecha - Thanks guys... sure we will - see you in a few weeks time!

Well the day was spent with the kids in the morning and then teaching in the afternoon.... despite Ben not having the best nights sleep ever we had an enjoyable morning together... the main thing was Olivia decorating the Xmas tree whilst I put up other decorations around the house! So it was a nice morning!

At lunchtime Clare came home having taught in the morning and raving about the snow quality and the conditions out there... it was my turn to get out there after lunch and so I was off. I arrived at the meeting point a little early so fitted in a live broadcast on Instagram and then it was time to teach! I had a couple of young sisters (9 and 7) who live in St Foy and are in the race club there but since St Foy only opened today and they were after a start of season 'fun' session to get them in the mood for a seasons worth of skiing I was happy to oblige! We had a fun slide around... taking in crocodile alley amounts other things and some fun 'tricks' like Oli's (sp?) on skis... they ultimately returned happy campers at the end of the session.

When Mt Blanc has a hat on you know that a change in the weather is on its way!!!

So after the usual getting the kids ready for bed etc I headed out for our ski school start of season meal. We started in the new Garage for a drink or two (like it in there) and then headed just up the road to what is now known as the Source (formally known as Sur La Montagne). We had a really fun few hours all drinking and eating (its not often that we are all able to get together and bar one or two people we were all there).

So as I left the restaurant I discovered that indeed the weather has now moved in and it is now snowing very heavily in Val.... so should be a good day tomorrow for it.

So Clare is teaching all day tomorrow and I have Ben in the morning (Olivia has a ski lesson) so we are going swimming and then ill see what is what after that.

The calm before the storm in the centre of Val before the snowstorm arrived.

TTFN
snow conditions
Not out again for another 10 days so I’m browsing the webcams. Great to see the La Daille fence nearly buried. 10 days ago, there was only a dusting on the ground and you couldn’t even ski to the Folie.

Looking like another great season in Val.
ski holidays
Lots of snow today out there but it is disappointingly heavy when we've been off piste. Surprising. Any tips of where to find lighter snow Steve?
snow conditions
@nemesys, good luck getting Secret Stash tips from an instructor wink
ski holidays
@moosepig, worth a try Very Happy I did a clinic with Steve a few years ago - credit probably run out Laughing

(Part of a clinic anyway until a dodgy ankle struck!)
latest report
nemesys - ha ha... as I wasnt up there today so can't say for certain but I would have thought its as simple as higher is better but who knows exactly! Ill try to get a better idea tomorrow!

A nice little top up

It wasnt the best nights sleep as this was mainly due to the noise from the students that arrived to stay in our block last night but in my experience after the first night or two things settle down quite nicely - lets hope that is the case tonight onwards!

Anyway we woke to about 30cm of fresh snow here in town and very little wind so it would be a good day up the mountain. It was all action stations as we had to get Olivia to her ski lesson (with the Club des Sports in the pipeline one day for Olivia she is being shaped towards that so she is with the ESF a fair few times this Winter!) and Clare was starting work at the same time - this means that everyone has to get ready and head to the meeting front - it is quite a job! Anyway with Olivia off out on her lesson I took Ben for a swim... however when I got to the pool (and it was busy being a poor weather day!) it turned out that Ben was fast asleep which wasnt quite what I had planned... so I sat it out for a while until he woke up!

Anyway it was a fun swim with him before the long job to get him dressed (well both of us) and outside again to collect Olivia - all rather a lot of work for not much but thats the way it goes.

After lunch at home I was relieved that both kids took long sleeps - yay... that just about gave me time to catch up on a few things.

By the time Clare got in from work I was rather exhausted but thats the way it goes... the main thing from the day was that Olivia did so well in her lesson and enjoyed it... she is now all set for a week of lessons when the school holidays start!

I totally forgot to get any photos from today BUT I did another nice photo from last night so I will post that.

Tomorrow I am on my snowboard all day teaching... however I am also getting Ben to and from creche before and after work so that will be another job to do!

There might be some more snow overnight and then during tomorrow so it could be an interesting day on the slopes.... time will tell!

TTFN

ski holidays
Steve Angus wrote:

It wasnt the best nights sleep as this was mainly due to the noise from the students that arrived to stay in our block last night but in my experience after the first night or two things settle down quite nicely - lets hope that is the case tonight onwards!

Rather the same problem here in my apartment in Les Arcs, in a building which does a good job of amplifying communal noise. The authorities do their best but students on a first night away do tend to let their hair down a bit, something which most of us should remember and understand from our own student days. Even the building's website notes (Google translation):

Quote:
The residence is frequented by all age groups, and especially young people (teenagers or young adults), whether they come in a family apartment, rented directly or in a group by a tour operator. To make old skiers, there must be young skiers. Who says ski says after ski, and it is in this activity, and in the hours of this activity that the cohabitation can pose difficulties in the residence.

Someone in this building is clearly trying to keep things under control - I found students whispering to each other in the corridors on their second night last year Laughing
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, love the teddy bear! We saw it being delivered last weekend and I wondered what the theme would be this year.
latest report
Unexpected morning off

After some more snow overnight and fairly moody weather about AND the fact that both Clare and I had to get to the meeting point to teach AND both kids had to be deposited all before 9am I was somewhat relieved when I got a call to say that my am lesson could not make it as he had a very bad back... so that immediately gave me a morning off.

To be honest the concept of a morning off or any time off during the Winter with small kids is somewhat relative... it just meant I could get some things done at home that I otherwise would have been doing about 1am or something instead! Talking of late nights it was another really bad nights sleep at home as Ben was not a happy boy... so I got a really disturbed nights sleep which mainly revolved around me sleeping with him on the sofa which is not a restful sleep that is for sure!

Anyway it was nice to get some things done.

In the afternoon I was out teaching and I was on the snowboard... I had a quiet but nice 13 year old girl who had snowboarded once before for a couple of hours but this was really her first day on the board!

At lower altitudes the weather improved quite dramatically as the day went on.... BUT...

...at altitude it was pea soup!

So anyway she did really well and the soft fresh snow conditions for the most part help when you are learning to snowboard! Anyway she was linking basic turns on the magic carpet up top by the end of session - well done! The only thing (which is quite normal) she did not really like was getting off chairlifts so the Village lift was a challenge to put it mildly!

I have been busy this evening sorting out some logistics for the school mainly revolving around getting our heli training sorted out so those authorised are able to lead heli ski trips this season... its all go, go, go!

In local news the ice carting circuit opened today for the season.... and weatherise we should have some nice sunny conditions tomorrow which will be nice! I start a 3 day group clinic in the morning and then am off piste in the afternoon... come the evening we have the first of our seasonnaires program sign up night at the Blue Note so that will be a fair chunk of my evening last night!

I think that is all for now.

TTFN
ski holidays
Steve, does anyone run small group snowboard clinics on Sunday - Tues? I'm looking for my brother.
latest report
Fantastic up there yesterday and today (better vis today). Maybe you can explain Steve - or maybe someone else. Sunday there was a lot of snow but it was quite heavy everywhere - heavy like wind blown "sugar" type heavy rather than wet heavy. Sunday night there was a bit more snow (10cm or so I would guess) but the snow quality off piste had improved dramatically yesterday. How is that possible???
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the snow quality off piste had improved dramatically yesterday. How is that possible??

It was a good clear night last night and the general recent overnight temps have been dropping quite low. At around 23:00 it had dropped to -8c at the bottom of the Solaise and so much colder up top. The low temps will have helped 'dry out' the snow and improve the quality.
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, I'm out in EK in a few weeks. Keep the reports coming - they bring back memories of when my kids were small and their horrendous sleeping patterns (or should that be waking patterns?)
snow report
A tiring day

Ill first of all start by answering the queries above.... so bar shaker there are some options out there... finding group lessons is quite tricky as the demand in Val (in particular but the world over in general) for group snowboard lessons is not as strong as you might think... in fact the demand for snowboard lessons is weak in comparison to ski lessons. Anyway your best bet is trying (you might strike it lucky) the 'big boys' as they might have group lessons happening that fit the level and days of the week... Oxygene / ESF and all the normal big boys. However you might as well try Pro Snowboarding which is a British Snowboard School here... Steph might be able to set up a group (if he doesn't have a group running already!) for you... he is quite amenable if he has availability to help!

nemesys... following on from what sno trax says essentially heavy snow is a result of water / moisture content in the snow... The fact that it is sugary is a reflection on the fact the snow was frozen pellets of snow that fell as opposed to being particularly warm at the time and that is a function of the type of weather 'system' we had - it was a weak front that stalled so the snow fell in situe as small frozen pellets! This is against what happens if it is just warm when it snow and the snow is saturated due to the freezing level. So if you were to look closely at the snow it would be quite volumous with not much air pockets in it... this is what creates drag and friction and makes it tough to ski in. Anyway as temps drop the water droplets freeze more vigourously and as we all know the actual surface area of the dendritic (6 sided snowflakes) crystals will decrease so this gives the sensation of more 'air' in the snow and less friction therefore it feels lighter to ski through! Hope that helps explain!

Anyway back to today...

After getting the kids off to creche and school I met my (first of 3 days) group for my clinic... its a development plus clinic so very solid skiers indeed. We started work on the red runs and early pressure (not just rotation!) on the skis and before long we were ramping it up on the Face (which was in excellent condition). It was a successful morning and tomorrow the plan is to do some carving work!

I had a rushed lunch at our office in Snowberry as I needed to get ready for an afternoon off piste... I had Clares cousin and some of his university friends for an off piste bonanza and boy we had fun... we did the S Prime couloir and the Cairn amongst other things and the snow was amazing... fresh tracks!

The usual kids bath and bed time and then I was off into town for our ski school seasonnaires sign up night... the first one... it was a really good turnout for what is a very good deal!

After charging around so much off piste this afternoon I am now very tired indeed and need to get to bed!

TTFN

You need to look quite carefully but there are some 150 British Army Infantrymen as part of their (now annual) Val d'Isere expedition lining up for a photo in the centre of the photo... first thing this morning on the snow front!

I let the seasonnaires do the hard graft of cutting the track in - ha ha

We all had fun in the Cairn this afternoon!
latest report
dobby Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin - I look forward to looking back with fond memories!
latest report
Thanks Steve - interesting. The science behind that one is interesting. Without doubt the transformation was impressive.

Not managed to run in to you yet but Nick (partner in crime) had a brief chat with Clare today - partly about Le Garage. Went this evening and was very impressed. I like the feel of the place.
snow report
@Steve Angus, Hi Steve, my son is out in Val for the season and noticed your comments about the seasonnaires ski school sign up. He is an experienced skier - just wondering if the sign-up is aimed at beginners only, or does it include for example off-piste guided sessions?
snow conditions
nemesys - yes Clare mentioned that she had been chatting! Yes the Garage I like it a lot - rather like the sort of apres style place you get in north american resorts IMO!

BKK - welcome to SH's... AFA the seasonnaires program is concerned.... far from being aimed at beginners (we only get a few to those) it is generally aimed at those wanting to fulfil their ambitions of which of piste sessions are one of the most popular... we have people who have done many seasons in Val signing up for the sessions. So most definitely there will be a group that fits his requirements... tell him to either drop me a line on here, pop into our office in Snowberry (Slopeside) or visit the www.tdcski.com website and contact us that way. He should do it sooner rather than later as we are going to finalise the groups in the next week or so!
ski holidays
Held at bay

A pretty good nights sleep was welcome all round... and being a Wednesday the heat was off a little as we dont need to get Olivia onto the school bus for 8am! Nevertheless she was off to the Jardins des Enfants as both Clare and I were out working and we needed to get Ben to creche either way!

So after the usual chaotic start it was to the meeting point and meet the team. The plan for the session was carving and we also had a shadower along to observe the lesson... Anyway the weather had been seeming as if it were going to really move in - the clouds were thickening all the time and it was weird as suddenly it actually got better the weather! Anyway we initially did laps on the Grand Pre working on our carving before it got too busy there... we then switched it up and spent some time on the Diebold. It turned into a productive and fun session with everyone taking away something to work on.

I collected Olivia and took her home for lunch and then she had a sleep whilst I did some jobs. As Clare got in from skiing we had some of her friends around for a cuppa and the chaos really began as they have a youngster too so between our two and their one the house was turned upside down! Its only the last hour or so having had dinner that we have managed to get the house ship shape again... and you guessed it I am really rather tired now!

As the afternoon progressed the weather finally decided to make its move and we have had an almighty snowstorm for the last couple of hours but it once again seems to have eased off but I suspect it will be enough for a nice fresh canvas for tomorrow!

I am teaching tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon I need to head down the valley to do a huge food shop that will see us through Xmas and the New Year!

I seemed to forget about getting any photos today until it was almost too late (woops) so I got a photo from our balcony when the snowstorm was in full swing!

Until tomorrow...

TTFN

Being a Wednesday can you see the huge queue for the bus after the Folie kicked out!
snow report
@Steve Angus, thanks for the clinic tips. I'll pass them on.

Yesterday (Weds) was the opening afternoon for the Folie's WTF/Superhero themed party afternoons.
ski holidays
Looks like an absolutely perfect day in the EK today, hope you're all ripping it up.

Wish I could be there!

https://www.valdisere.com/en/webcam/bellevarde/
snow conditions
welshflyer wrote:
@bar shaker,

As Dr John says a closed piste is NOT off piste.

A closed piste is deemed to be unsafe by the authorities, I doubt if there is an insurance company who would cover you on a closed piste.

I agree that a closed piste is not technically off piste, however I think that pistes are not always closed only for safety reasons. It may be that they have not had time to prepare them and an unpisted piste can be a nightmare for some less experienced skiers. It might also be that a lift to get out at the bottom might not be working for example.

Last week in a wonderful week in Val we skied the unpisted OK/Orange runs with a guide although the piste was closed and had great fresh snow all the way down. My insurance covers me for off piste without a guide however in all honesty I have no idea how my insurer would react if I had had an accident.
snow conditions
@richjp, Not sure, were there piste poles by the side. If not it is not a piste under the French rules (just a line on a map).

I spoke to an off piste instructor, I know well. If he is instructing a group he will not go on a closed piste as he would be deemed negligent if there was an incident. If there is an incident off piste he will be judged on the merits of the individual case, taking into account local knowledge, conditions etc, his peer group of instructors would be consulted.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy