Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy season *cheap* resort recommendations...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going the week before Christmas.

Went to Pila at the same time last year, so clearly we're in need of guidance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whoops! Posted in wrong place..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moot_point, What about here? Genuine guaranteed ski-ing in resort. 220Kms piste. What level are you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moot_point, great deals to be had in most of the French resorts in the week before Christmas. Alpe d'Huez is pretty snowsure with the glacier which is at 3330m - they've now opened up several easier slopes if however, you are all pretty much at beginer level whilst I prefer Alpe d'Huez, the slopes at that period in Deux Alpes are propably better suited to your group.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
moot_point, What about here? Genuine guaranteed ski-ing in resort. 220Kms piste. What level are you?

Upper intermediate. Fine on all reds. Quite comfortable on (Italian!) blacks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moot_point, That means you'd be OK on our blues and most of our reds, but might find the blacks a bit daunting. You'll get some very tasty deals at that time of year. Easy access, and a "real" village (although huge) - not purpose built - lots of "feeling", and a warm welcome! Very Happy People actually smile at you here!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
moot_point, can we tempt you to La Rosiere, usually good early season snow, it's high 1850 metres, south facing and sunny with 150 kms of pistes in France and Italy. Have a look at our ad in snowShops or visit our website www.tracksvacations.com for early season offers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moot_point, I own and run a chalet in Le Seignus - part of l'Espace Lumiere in the southern French Alps. There's more than 230km of pistes in the area and it has a good pre-Christmas snow record.

For the w/c 17 December our price for chalet board is just £200pp - with a 5% discount for snowHeads and another 5% going to the site to help keep it running.

For more details, take a look in the snowShops or at our site - www.chalet-ski.co.uk

Ben
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moot_point, I love threads like this - the response is predictable as the usual suspects weigh in with plugs for "their" resorts! wink Charlotte is right - you could do a lot worse than LDA, and whats more, if you're a 4, I know a cosy little flat that would suit you very nicely... www.alpine-hideout.co.uk . I'm sure i could cobble together an acceptable price for you! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't have anything going on here, so if it were me I would do two things. I would take the kind offers posted here
or I would get a sense of the snow levels nearer the time. The snow can just as easily come early or late so a high-ish resort might be hedgeing your bets. Book early get a good price, book late and you might miss it.

A resort to top station height of 1600-2800 would be good and a glacier - if open and skiable - would be better IMV
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
moot_point, do a search on this site, there's already a lot of blog about early season ski resorts.

Basically you're looking at anywhere where the resort is 1800m or above. And/or with glacier.
So in France, the main contenders with these qualities are Tignes and Val d'Isere, Val Thorens, and AlpD and LDA. I hear Saalbach/Hinterglem is an Austrian favourite?

Having said that, for pre-xmas skiing there are a number of other resorts up and down the Alps which wouldn't ordinarily be considered "snow sure" but that still tend to have adequate snow cover by late December.

I'd say check the snow conditions a week before you go, and then book where the best snow is.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulmck, I hear what you are saying but it is obvious from the number of posts that moot_point, has completed that he/she is not that experienced on snowHead 's. Although having used none of the facilities offered by the "usual suspects" I would say that all of them do have exceedingly high reputations. I have never heard a bad word said (from any direction) about the standard of facilities and services offered. So quite useful posts really. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy