Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travels between Hinterglemm and Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all
Does anyone know how much a taxi would be between Saalbach and Hinterglemm (doesn't look very far). My buddy and I are staying in Saalbach and while we are generally happy just finding a local place to have some pints, we might head off to Saalbach for some variety. We could ski there or take the ski bus during the day, but getting home in the evening might be a different story.
Cheerz
Alan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Approx 6-10 Euro a head form the Goatstall to Saalbach in the small hours of hte morning 3 years ago.

Warning the Poster was slightly under the influence of alcahol at the time of this trip and the reality v what I recall may be diffrent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlanB1976, there's also an infrequent nightbus - think it may only run weekends though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
€10 a taxi for us last season (so €2 each), to the Goatstall. There is a bus too though, presumably on the resort website.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. €10 isn't too bad if we get stuck and can't get the bus.
How are the pubs in Hinterglemm? I know it's not the party area but I'm assuming there must be a few though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlanB1976, Why Hinterglemm Puzzled Are you banned in all pubs in Saalbach wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol. Just call it lazyness Wink ..... and that €10 taxi fare could buy more beer
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Goassstall and Apres Ski Paleis were the best we found in Hinterglemm. The Goasastall from about 16h to 19h and the Apres Ski Paleis after dinner. The ASP is small but was packed and had a great atmosphere. Didn't think The London was that great.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pjd wrote:
Goassstall and Apres Ski Paleis were the best we found in Hinterglemm. The Goasastall from about 16h to 19h and the Apres Ski Paleis after dinner. The ASP is small but was packed and had a great atmosphere. Didn't think The London was that great.

+1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saalbach had the best late night bars
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AlanB1976, Alan, if you e-mail me at ratatman@aol.com I'll gladly send you my comprehensive guide to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, which covers most things, including recommended itineraries and runs, mountain restaurants, apres-ski venues and late night bars.
You should encounter no trouble at all in going back and forth between the two villages. We're based in Saalbach and have never had a problem getting to and from Hinterglemm at just about any time of the evening. We frequently end our day's skiing at Hinterglemm and stop until about 7pm at the Goassstall apres-ski party or sometimes the Hexenhaeusl. We've also been floodlit skiing and tobogganing at Hinterglemm until late, and we've also occasionally had dinner there afterwards. We've never given a moment's thought to the possibility of being marooned.
At any time there invariably seems to be a queue of taxis just waiting a stone's throw from wherever you happen to be, and we've never had to wait for one, let alone order one. The taxi ranks are by the lift stations: the Reiterkogelbahn and the Zwolferkogelbahn in Hinterglemm, and the Schattberg Xpress and the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn in Saalbach. The charge is very reasonable - it varies according to the number of passengers, but 3 - 4 euros per person is what I'd expect for 4 passengers. Possibly slightly more for two people but you might get away with 8 or 9 euros total, especially as my estimate is based on being transported as far as our apartments opposite the Kohlmaisgipfelbahn lift station in Schliftstrasse at the top end of the village, which is a bit further than the Schattberg Xpress lift station at the bottom end, where you may prefer to board or be dropped off.
The journey is usually undertaken at warp speed and takes only about 5 minutes.
Alternatively there is the Nightliner bus service, which from recollection (don't rely on this because we've only bothered with it a couple of times) runs every hour or two between 5pm and about 11pm - 02.00am on Saturday nights. Again to the best of my recollection the fare was 3 euros. There may well be some accurate, up to date info on www.saalbach.com
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlanB1976, Yes, the Nightliner timetable is on the Saalbach website - click on the 'Skicircus' tab and then select 'Good To Know' from the drop-down menu ( http://www.saalbach.com/fileadmin/user_storage/saalbach_com/Dateien/nightliner1011.pdf )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. I actually think you already sent that info through to me a few months earlier. Then I saved it to review closer to the time. Then, stupid me forgets Embarassed . I'll have a look through it soon.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

stupid me forgets

No worries - stupid me also forgot I'd sent it to you. If you've lost it, let me know.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy