Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mid week xmas trip 26/27-12------31-12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I think I might be barking up a tree that might have fallen, but who knows. Looking for advice for a midweek trip between xmas and new year....

Looking to travel on either monday 26th or Tuesday 27th and then return Saturday 31st. Happy to travel to any country for our fix. Cost is a tiny bug bar as we are two students (mature at the grande-old age of 30) and a recently graduated student (also 30), so cheaper the better. Oh yeah, that makes it a little tricky there are 3 of us - 2 males 1 female as if that makes a difference. So any singles looking to travel around these dates? to make the group a complete chalet / hotel happy round number

But due to family, school, work etc.... this is kinda our only time we can go..

Any help is mostly gratefully appericated on suggestion on where to look and anybody else wanting to join our trip and try and make it happen, please do......

Kind regards in adavance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colin33bond, welcome to snowHeads.

I did exactly that a few years ago. 3 of us for those dates. We went to Cervinia - primarily because snow was not so good that year in lower resorts.

My suggestion would be to book your flights now to say Geneva, Zurich or Salzburg which give you loads of options for resorts within a couple of hours drive.

Leave it to the very last minute till you try to book accommodation. Most places will be reluctant to release rooms for shorter durations until they know that they can't fill them for longer so it probably isn't even worth looking until the week leading up to Christmas.

It won't be a problem - particularly if you aren't too fussy about where you stay and just want something cheap.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RZ may be right, BUT that is the busiest week of the year for a lot of resorts, so you will have to be very flexible about where you will stay.

If you book your flights ahead of time, I would likely book a rental car also to give you the option of getting to a lot of different places. Rental cars can res can often be made without payment or X fee, so this provides a good fall back.

While leaving room to last minute might be a good idea, I'd do some research ahead of time and jump on a good deal if I found it. I would also think about searching for some lodging that can be cancelled without penalty- harder to come by at ski resorts, but I have made some hotel reservations for later this season in Italy and Spain via the search at
http://www.lodging247.com/hotel-search/ which let me cancel free of charge at relatively late notice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Colin, it doesn't look like your having much luck on here but if you find a trip and need another to make up some numbers, then give me a shout, it also suites my work to go on those dates. I'm a 32 year old intermediate skier.

Barry
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colin33bond, if you have flights, and a car hire, and are flexible about accommodation (in particular, are prepared to stay outside a ski resort and drive to the lifts each day, which really isn't a big hassle) you should find something. For example, if you flew to Geneva you could stay in Sallanches (there's an Ibis hotel) and be within a short drive of a number of places, including Flaine, Chamonix (particularly Les Houches, the nearest bit), Les Contamines and Combloux/Megeve.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Barry,

Many thanks for your offer, I certainly will keep you in mind, I'm meeting up with my other two in the party to discuss where our finances lie. We've not had a huge amount of luck, what we have found that cost is the biggest discussion point. We have found combined prices for around 500-600 for 5 days, which is not a million miles away for a 7 day trip. Sods law as always.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
colin33bond, If your still looking we might be able to help www.mountainsunltd.com or you can email me joanne.mountainsunltd@talktalk.net
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy