Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nike ACG gear....thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just picked up a second hand ACG Storm Fit jacket on Ebay.

A bit late, but anyone ever used ACG? Any good?

I'm not too fussed, didnt cost much and replaces some Animal gear which is now too big, but just wondering what to expect.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used to see quite a bit of it in S&R and EB 5 or so years ago. Don't seem to see any now, which is a shame as I think that their Goretex All Mountain pants were had a superb fit and design for a £150 pant. Only just replaced them after lots of abuse. Good kit IMV
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, decent kit - my brother had trousers/jacket which were top quality.

Think he got both in TKMaxx for buttons, mind you....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had one of their jackets for several years, wore well, wan't that waterproof though (it wasn't gore-tex)!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been using stormfit pants for a couple of years ,cheap as chips from tk maxx,great fit and hardwearing ,no complaints.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Decent kit IMO for the money, got some pants a couple of years ago in a Nike outlet store for less than a tenner, very warm and waterproof. Usually a fair bit of it in TKMaxx too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ACG gear was always better than their current Nike 6.0 stuff which seems more marketed towards the "I wear my trousers below my boxers" brigade.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had a couple of top end Stormfit jackets and a pair of pants. All very hardwearing and took sustained abuse. Only scrapped the first jacket when it became irrecoverably bloodstained.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, Shocked Skullie
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I picked up an acg jacket for £99 at the end of the season a few years ago and you couldn't get a better value jacket for the money. Laser cut zips and gore tex, really warm and looks quite good - highly recommended.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the mountain jacket with some mountain salopettes both gore red paid 150 quid for the two in tk maxxages ago best things I have ever bought super comfy and pretty hard wearing prefer it to my more expensive gear tbh Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have the mountain jacket with some mountain salopettes both gore red paid 150 quid for the two in tk maxxages ago best things I have ever bought super comfy and pretty hard wearing prefer it to my more expensive gear tbh Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to testing it out at the Tamworth fridge this Friday,

fatbob, Shocked Shocked , hoping it wont go the same way
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i have some of their gear - running and skiing.

the skiing item was a jacket with zip in fleece liner.

was excellent - very warm and very waterproof, with loads of big pockets which were well sealed as well as padded for protecting goggles, electronic devices etc...

only got rid because it was an XL size and I lost alot of weight, so it flapped around like a tent.

just hoping that my replacement jacket made by Animal is up to the same standard, which i doubt...

i know the ACG stuff isn't cheap but i got my jacket for £60 in a sale - so was doubly chuffed with the performance.

recommended
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy