Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seriously cold hands!!

Poster: A snowHead
I managed to shift a couple of stone & I've gotten fairly fit....but the removal of my self-made insulation has left me feeling the cold something fierce!!.

I've sorted my feet out with new Salomon Missions with custom footbeds, I've sorted my body out with new Under Armour and a whole new North Face outfit and an eisbar beanie under me lid has my head sorted.....but my hands are STILL f**king freezing and it's doing my now toasty head in!!

Will these boys sort me out??

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/29271/products/hestra_leather_ski_cross_glove_brown.aspx

If not what do you learned folk suggest?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My OH swears by Hotties. Madeye-Smiley

http://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/handWarmers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go for those, too. Very comforting on a cold chairlift. There are various makes - you can sometimes pick up big bargain packs in Decathlon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski, Tried those and they are indeed and nice little diversion, but I was kinda hoping for something permanent, not temporary....thanks anyway.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd make sure you're actually wearing enough on your core too as having cold extremities often stems from that particularly if you've lost a load of natural padding and weren't having issues before.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
meh, Hmmmm don't know about that, cos even when I go running I sweat and heat up as you'd expect but my hand always remain cold..I need two pairs of running gloves to sort me out.

Last year I wore liner gloves with my 3 year old Spyders and it worked fine but my hands were way too bulky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Silk gloves and mittens and a new pair of gloves/mits after lunch.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think you have to accept that if you want warm hands then you need bulky gloves; so choose between warm hands and dexterity. Sorry but retained warmth is related to temperature gradient and if you have thicker gloves the gradient between your hands and the world is lower so and stay warm for longer (all other things being equal)

I like a nice pair of mitts (something like the Black Diamond Mercury Mitt) and wear a thin pair of globes inside.

It is also worth being disciplined to make sure you don't get cold hands... if you need to take your gloves off then put them inside your jacket (dont' drop them in the snow). I always have a second pair of gloves near my skin (not in the rucksack where they'll get cold). Keeping the core warm also helps.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joneski wrote:
Silk gloves and mittens and a new pair of gloves/mits after lunch.

You could add a pair of silk inners to these Hestra's but to be honest they already come with an inner glove and are pretty well regarded as being extremely warm glove/mits.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sweaman2, Food for thought there indeed....maybe losing the ability to flick onto the next track on my iPod via the the external commander in favour for toastie paws might sway it.....but I've got an unexplained aversion to mitts, something is gonna have to give isn't it???

andyman, An inner glove you say???.....right I'm gonna buy 'em anyway.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dazman wrote:
sweaman2, Food for thought there indeed....maybe losing the ability to flick onto the next track on my iPod via the the external commander in favour for toastie paws might sway it.....but I've got an unexplained aversion to mitts, something is gonna have to give isn't it???

andyman, An inner glove you say???.....right I'm gonna buy 'em anyway.

All nicely velcroed in as well Smile Good choice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My wife swears by these: Hestra Army Leather Heli Ski Alpine Pro
And I've seen her reduced to tears by her cold hands!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mittens are probably the best answer if you board. If you ski i find they make holding the poles feel weird.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dazman, When it gets really cold I wear something similar to these http://www.fieldandtrek.com/extremities-tuff-bag-mitts-908382 overmitts. They are brilliant!
I normally wear Hestra leather gloves (no idea which model). I like them because I can do a lot of faffing whilst wearing them - I avoid taking them off at all costs. When it gets really cold I put the overmitts over the top which keep my hands toasty.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SaraJ, Gordyjh, andyman, Folks, I tried said mittens in Snow+Rock in Dundrum today.....warm? indeed.....practical? not really....appearance on a 6 foot rugby player? ridiculous....

Couldn't grip a pole properly, couldn't adjust my jacket or even pull my hood up....and I looked liked gigantic junior infants schoolboy....not for me, back to the drawing board so.
snow conditions
Which mittens did you try? The Hestra or the Extremities - I do use BD Mercury mitt's and find them fine... my wife uses some CloudVeil Dawn Patrol gloves also no issues. I suppose I should ask how cold you intend to go? (I dislike this as people all have different comfort levels etc, etc)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy